Pages: 1 ... 883 884 885 [886]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2081128 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #13275 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 12:57:46 »

Well if it gets the hooded chavs off the street stealing stuff I’m all for it.

By giving them rifles?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #13276 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 13:15:49 »

How much do those proposing this hate the young?  You've taken their ability to work around Europe. Oh they have it so easy these days?  Do they?  Do they have free post 18 education?  Do they have jobs for life with gold plated pensions?  Do they have affordable housing? No.  And now you think a stint in the forces will do them good. 

What did we do and how were you at 18?  If you're not 85 you didn't do national service.

Cameron and Johnson were burning £50's in front of the homeless and smashing up restaurants.  It a bunch of Priviledged arseholes deciding the kids aren't all right.

Some of them are little shits.  Some of them.  A small minority.  So lets send them all to be drilled by forces who don't have the bandwidth to do it.

Im currently sitting opposite my 17 year old who is spending 7 hours a day revising.  Shes got to give up her job for a weekend a month and rely on me for money more?  OR she can make money whilst in the services?

Its just a shit idea that stinks of desperation.

Never knowingly overstated.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13277 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 13:21:05 »

I think you are all taking this far too seriously, in terms of being "real" for the here and now.  This looks like a free hit trial and error policy test - the Tories know the result of the election, they can try out a few random policy ideas and see how they float with the entire electorate as a focus group rather than a handful of people at a Think Tank.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 27, 2024, 14:05:42 by RobertT » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13278 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 14:02:27 »

Surely it's simply to try and get the reform dickheads back given they are diluting the Tory vote.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #13279 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 14:09:38 »

Probably.  I suspect the next big policy he drops will be something like bringing back hanging.

Never knowingly overstated.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #13280 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 17:17:40 »

Probably.  I suspect the next big policy he drops will be something like bringing back hanging.

I guess if that doesn't work they'll just reintroduce the Great Plague. That'll solve all their so called ''major problems'' {whilst simultaneously creating many unprepared other ones} and by major problems, I mean all those things they've created as divisive public issues but really are just designed to keep them in power a little longer.

Maybe they'll bring back Cummings in another scandal? Perhaps it comes out that he's been nobbing Suella Braverman, Preeti Patel and Sunak missus. That'll get the public behind Sunak {no pun} and get him the popular vote back...  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 885 [886]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: