Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kembrey Inn, Swindon  (Read 8301 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, April 4, 2016, 21:06:42 »

A lot do provide a child's menu but not necisarily friendly. For example, crayons and paper can be a life saver for keeping them occupied. Luckily, ours are well behaved but if we go out with other families it is quite frustrating.
to be honest most kids don't bother with crayons etc after the age of 4-5, heads seem to be in their phones all the time!!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, April 4, 2016, 21:16:35 »

If it's a child friendly place you would expect the establishment to like having kids?

A prime example on how to do it well is Pizza Express. They provide colouring and stickers.

I'm not saying places shouldn't do it, just that to expect it is a bit weird to me. I'd see keeping my kids entertained to be my responsibility as a parent I suppose, I dunno. I think it's because there are way too many 'parents' in my current local who just let their kids run riot while they go on the piss and they get on my nerves.

to be honest most kids don't bother with crayons etc after the age of 4-5, heads seem to be in their phones all the time!!

Their loss, I've got a colouring book in my handbag right now and I'm not ashamed  Cheesy

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, April 4, 2016, 21:20:34 »

I'm not saying places shouldn't do it, just that to expect it is a bit weird to me. I'd see keeping my kids entertained to be my responsibility as a parent I suppose, I dunno. I think it's because there are way too many 'parents' in my current local who just let their kids run riot while they go on the piss and they get on my nerves.

Their loss, I've got a colouring book in my handbag right now and I'm not ashamed  Cheesy

Don't get me wrong, we don't expect it, it just helps. If a place doesn't provide, we normally take toys or stuff to keep them entertained. Some parents aren't organised though.

Another bug bear of mine, is couples who go out for a meal and then tut and moan when there are well behaved kids in the same vicinity. If it bothers you, don't go out for your romantic meal at 5pm!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, April 4, 2016, 21:30:11 »

Don't get me wrong, we don't expect it, it just helps. If a place doesn't provide, we normally take toys or stuff to keep them entertained. Some parents aren't organised though.

Another bug bear of mine, is couples who go out for a meal and then tut and moan when there are well behaved kids in the same vicinity. If it bothers you, don't go out for your romantic meal at 5pm!

Oh for sure, I'm not saying it makes anyone a bad parent. Bloody easy for someone without kids to say "I'd always do this" but obviously I wouldn't in reality!

I don't get that either. I usually say I hate children in pubs but that's only because I seem to encounter so many screaming little shits kids. If they're well behaved though then it just seems petulant to complain.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 08:52:12 »

That's it Ells I have seen kids sit in restaurants and pubs and are well behaved it's the ones who can't be controlled who can spoil it for everyone.

I think it's all to do with context. A parent surely can't expect a proper restaurant to have all the play stuff and kids menus if their purpose is to serve good food and drink. Much like you wouldn't go to a family friendly chain pub and expect fine dining.

But going back to Sippo's point, I think it's reasonable to expect a reasonable level of service if you're paying it, even if it is in a family friendly chain place, especially if that's what you're limited to if you have the kids.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 09:37:10 »

I expect good service wherever I go, regardless of what they are serving and who.  Now clearly you should then expect degrees of difference but it is a "service" industry.  Even a run down dodgy local should have good service, and in some cases you do get it where they know all the locals, have a cheery way about them etc.

This country is pretty poor for service to be honest.  As it is on the whole for what Sippo discusses.  For me family friendly is much more than a packet of crayons, or having a kids menu, it's about welcoming a family and truly wanting their business, all of the family.  That doesn't mean there shouldn't be other places which cater for a different market of course.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 21:09:22 »

The Kembrey do a great breakfast.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: