Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Accrington Stanley To be booted out of the Football League?  (Read 2513 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, February 7, 2009, 21:32:22 »

Agreed Bushey.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, February 7, 2009, 21:37:18 »

I am surprised you can read that mesaage - fuck me I must be pissed!

It just angers me!

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 01:19:47 »

Stupid rule, what effect does installing 800 more seats have in the real world. None that's what. There is no rhyme or reason to do it.

Surely common sense will prevail.

Its a rule that every club has to follow, if a club doesn't like it there is a very simple solution - don't apply for membership of the football league and stay where you are in the league structure. For a professional and full time league, where you will have games with big attendances (even if you don't have them regularly), I can't see a problem with a requirement of 5,000 capacity and 2,000 seats.

Its not a case of picking on the small clubs and forcing them in to something that isn't financially viable. If you can't justify a 5,000 capacity, what the fuck are you doing wanting to play in the football league?
flammableBen

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 01:23:38 »

Surely if you've got into the football league on the finances that come with a small ground then you deserve to have a crack at it. There's already guidelines in place for how much you can pay on player wages and stuff in the lower leagues isn't there?

You earn your place by getting promoted.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 10:11:01 »

Accy forums take...

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/please-read-the-seats-the-facts-44217.html
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 10:18:44 »

Blimey, there's a guy on there who can't see why they can't afford a big stand when they're a League Two club with an average attendance of 1500. I thought some of our fans were a bit dim.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 10:46:51 »

Blimey, there's a guy on there who can't see why they can't afford a big stand when they're a League Two club with an average attendance of 1500. I thought some of our fans were a bit dim.
Doh Doh Yes
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 10:52:14 »

If you can't justify a 5,000 capacity, what the fuck are you doing wanting to play in the football league?

That's a terrible argument.  The whole point of the league structure is it is aspirational, and encourages teams to better themselves...regardless of their fanbase.  Presumably you'd also be happy if the Premiership insisted on a minimum stadium capacity of 30,000?

If the Football League wanted to ban 3 sided stadia, that would of course be a different matter.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 11:06:39 »

If the Football League wanted to ban 3 sided stadia, that would of course be a different matter.

Not that there are any three sides stadia like to grace the Football League any time soon, so the rule would seem a bit redundant.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 11:15:00 »

Its a rule that every club has to follow, if a club doesn't like it there is a very simple solution - don't apply for membership of the football league and stay where you are in the league structure. For a professional and full time league, where you will have games with big attendances (even if you don't have them regularly), I can't see a problem with a requirement of 5,000 capacity and 2,000 seats.

Its not a case of picking on the small clubs and forcing them in to something that isn't financially viable. If you can't justify a 5,000 capacity, what the fuck are you doing wanting to play in the football league?

And you will happily agree when they put in place the 25,000 all seater rule for the Premier League.

Playing in the Football league should be about performance on the pitch, not your finances or facilities off it.
dell boy

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 11:21:08 »

Not that there are any three sides stadia like to grace the Football League any time soon, so the rule would seem a bit redundant.
I would call the Withdean Stadium a three-sided ground, one end is not used at all, unless things have changed in the last couple of years.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 11:37:57 »

What happened at Hillsborough fucked us all.

Knee Jerk reaction to a disaster caused by wanker fans and shit policing.

Town end could be returned to terracing without a single mishap.....

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 11:50:43 »

Surely if you've got into the football league on the finances that come with a small ground then you deserve to have a crack at it. There's already guidelines in place for how much you can pay on player wages and stuff in the lower leagues isn't there?

You earn your place by getting promoted.
As someone famously once said about Accrington Stanley - "exackly"
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 14:10:10 »

withdean is only temporary, thats why they are allowed it.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 14:10:48 »

Temporary?!

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: