Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: i need to sort out my sleep pattern  (Read 4991 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« on: Monday, February 28, 2005, 18:04:37 »

any advice? i've been going to bed around 4am and not waking until 1 or 2pm, got out of bed at 3:30 today ;/

i've thought about staying up all night but i'd probably fall asleep eventually. anyone know a quick fix?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 28, 2005, 18:07:30 »

get a job  Wink

I've no idea, my sleep patterns are always fucked up - i went to bed at 3.30 am and woke up at 9am. I find getting up for something useful helps (to get me up at a reasonable time) but 2am is about the time i go to bed usually.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 28, 2005, 18:11:51 »

you could try waking up really early (like at 7am) thus having a few hours sleep. You'll be tired in the evening then!

OR

leave the curtains ajar, thus shining bright light onto your face in the morning. Soon enough, you're bound to get used to the earlier starts and will feel tired sooner
Barry Potter

« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 28, 2005, 18:29:28 »

Get up earlier and go to bed earlier,it's not rocket science.  :roll:
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 28, 2005, 18:37:44 »

half  the problem is that i have nothing worth getting out of bed for, my alarm will go off at 9am and i'll turn it off and lie in bed for an hour then fall asleep again. i need some motivation and/or something to force me back into a routine.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 28, 2005, 18:41:44 »

yeah i know that freeling, plenty of early starts for me at uni now though. doesn't help that it's cold as well, bed is lovely and warm.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 28, 2005, 18:50:09 »

I rarely go to bed before 3am and haven't done for a few years.  I don't really get tired in the evenings so only go to bed before 3 if I know I have to be up really early. I'm always really tired in the mornings but at least I can stay out till 3am and not be tired. I do most of my work in the evenings too.

In the summer I was working 3 till 8 pm so I normally woke up in just in time for the 1.40 neighbours. These days I probably get up around 10am on average, getting up at 7 is a killer but even if I do get up at 7 I get gradually less tired throughout the day so I still go to bed late.

I don't think there is a quick fix.

Mornings are shit really, it's cold and nothing happens, evenings are great. Tv is better, pubs are open then clubs are open.
Turbo

« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 28, 2005, 19:23:10 »

I had the same problem and found it very frustrating when they said there isnt a quick fix.  If you want the advice i was given which i couldn't be bothered to take it was:

Never stay in bed if you cant get to sleep, it will confuse your body.
Only use your room for sleeping (no pc), this wil tell your body you want to go to sleep when you enter your room eventually.
Make sure when you go to sleep it is completely dark in your room.

Im not really sorted out right now, it tends to be that if i go to bed late and get 4/5 hours sleep, i then get 9 hours sleep the next night, then because ive had so much sleep i cant get to sleep and end up having 4/5 hours again.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 28, 2005, 19:55:07 »

There is only one answer Sonic and that is Alcohol,I got up at 2 today to take the dog out for an hour came home and fell asleep on the sofa and have just woken up.
How am I going to sleep tonight?  1 cases of Stella chilling in the fridge and 1 waiting to go in. Cool

/
W56196272
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 28, 2005, 20:21:36 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
any advice? i've been going to bed around 4am and not waking until 1 or 2pm, got out of bed at 3:30 today ;/

i've thought about staying up all night but i'd probably fall asleep eventually. anyone know a quick fix?
a frequently encountered problem as a student.

two nights ago, i sat down to play football manager at 4am. when i next looked outside it was bright and 7am; i went to bed. last night i managed 4.30am for a 10.47am start, and tomorrow i have a presentation to give at 11 so will try and get to sleep around 2.30am tonight, should be alright as i had an early start this morning and am nackered now.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, February 28, 2005, 20:55:26 »

Get out and get a girlfriend, or boyfriend in your case.
shag her at night, turn over and go to sleep.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, February 28, 2005, 20:57:21 »

i don't drink yeovil, i'm too much of a poof for that :}

blinkpip has a new 'hard' streak i see
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2005, 05:36:47 »

I haven't been to bed yet and I'm starting to get tired.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2005, 07:00:03 »

i've not been to bed yet either and i'm not particularly tired. i'm going to try and stay awake until late evening then sleep forever.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2005, 07:10:14 »

It's light.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: