Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coventry risk being evicted  (Read 26383 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 10:21:16 »

At least we we wont finish bottom
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 10:23:53 »

If this is true (and it may well be) then that makes a mockery of the whole ownership of any football club.

I would like them to stay in business but rules are rules.

Something that the Football authorities in this country need to do something about certainly.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 10:23:55 »

Yeah just as if we could finish bottom of Div 3, when a basket case club, were in it with a sizeable points deduction..oh
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 10:26:53 »

I try to forget that clusterfuck
The_Doctor

« Reply #94 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 10:41:22 »

I wouldnt go to Coventry again if they dont get kicked out of the league, Not being funny but effectively wipe off their debts start again. Absolute mockery to Chester, Rangers, Halifax, Aldershot if they just get to "carry on" as normal. Regardless which company gets liquidated, More harsher punishment, FFS Leeds and Luton got close to 30 point deductions and never even went into Liquidation. They MUST be kicked out!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 10:45:17 »

You forgot about Darlington.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #96 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 10:49:14 »

Creepy seem to think their game will still go ahead.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/10588973.Crawley_game_to_go_ahead_despite_Sky_Blues_being_liquidated/

Crawley's opening game in League One against Coventry City at Broadfield Stadium tomorrow should go ahead despite the Sky Blues going into liquidation this morning.

Coventry had a creditors' meeting this morning where it was hoped a CVA agreement would be signed to bring the club out of administration.

The meeting lasted just ten minutes after Arena Coventry Limited, who own the Ricoh Arena, rejected a £590,000 offer from Coventry City FC Ltd to settle their outstanding debts.

That forced the company that owns Coventry into liquidation although it is understood the football club will continue to operate, although they may be hit with a 15-point deduction.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The_Doctor

« Reply #97 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 10:50:19 »

You forgot about Darlington.

JUST EXAMPLES. Cna go furher, Scarborough, Maidstone, Newport...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #98 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 10:57:00 »

The Sunderland fans are fucking loving this, almost as much as the Pox fans would if we were in the same position.

Not entirely sure why the Mackems hate them so much.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 10:59:43 »

The Sunderland fans are fucking loving this, almost as much as the Pox fans would if we were in the same position.

Not entirely sure why the Mackems hate them so much.

Ah, I think I know this as I read about it this week.

Basically one season, Coventry and Everton (I think it was) played out a draw knowing that a draw was good enough to relegate Sunderland, who had already lost their match earlier that day (not sure why the Cov match finished later). I think the match was delayed 20 minutes and so the final 20 minutes of the match the Coventry and Everton players basically did nada for the remainder of the game.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #100 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 11:00:30 »

Ah right, I had no idea cheers.

Makes sense.

STFC_Gazza

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 11:05:54 »

I wouldnt go to Coventry again if they dont get kicked out of the league, Not being funny but effectively wipe off their debts start again. Absolute mockery to Chester, Rangers, Halifax, Aldershot if they just get to "carry on" as normal. Regardless which company gets liquidated, More harsher punishment, FFS Leeds and Luton got close to 30 point deductions and never even went into Liquidation. They MUST be kicked out!

Think you'll find it was due to the Coventry v Bristol City game back in 1977.

Coventry, Bristol City and Sunderlad were all involved in a relegation battle, Sunderland were playing Everton on the same day, the Coventry game kicked off 15 minutes late. Towards the end news came through that Sunderland had lost, with the Coventry v Bristol City score at 2-2 both teams would be safe. The last 15 minutes were a farce as neither wanted to score to comprimise their position
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 11:09:27 »

Coventry is a shithole. A non-league team would suit them.

I guess I get the last laugh after working with a Cov fan for a year or so who called us a lower league team when we were storming L2 Smiley
fatbasher

« Reply #103 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 11:26:21 »

You sure?

Didn't we finish bottom behind Plymouth a few seasons ago after they had a ten point deduction?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 11:27:38 »

You sure?

Didn't we finish bottom behind Plymouth a few seasons ago after they had a ten point deduction?
Someone has already pointed that out.

Portsmouth was the wrong season. doh.

I just noticed that every single season since 06/07 at least one team in our division has had a point deduction. How the fuck have we managed to avoid that?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: