Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OFFICIAL stfc v lincoln day early thread- get over it and predict/discuss  (Read 43503 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 19:29:14 »

How was Richards today for those that went?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 19:32:24 »

How was Richards today for those that went?
Worked hard, couldn’t do much else.
The trouble with having someone like Richards in the team is if you don’t create chances he’s not going to be involved. We really do find it hard to create chances and break teams down.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 19:47:43 »

First game for ages today.

Thought we did okay overall. Looked more solid as a team than I was expecting. Midfield did well enough. But where we clearly struggle is in the final third. Little invention and Richards doesn't do a great deal. Woolery did some decent work but we we really don't play to his strengths much at all. That said he seems to drop too deep when he should be on the last mans shoulder at all times.

Thought McCourt was class and on another day his shot at the end goes in.

Taylor is broken and holds us back as a team. Simply unable to keep up with play especially in an attacking sense. Often we were crying out for the overlapping left back but he wasn't there.

Feel like we don't have the right players to play any sort of distinctive attacking style. First half for example, Keshi on the left (not a natural winger), McCourt on the right (Not a natural winger) Dunne and Carroll in the middle (neither are creative midfielders) it's not a surprise we struggled to create clear openings.

We need a left winger at and another Akinde like striker (maybe House) to play alongside Keshi or Woolery.

Based on today we looked bang mid table where we are. We can still make something of the season but need some strong offensive plays before the month is out.
Flashheart

« Reply #273 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 20:01:43 »

Oh, special mention to the ref. Refreshing to see one that would not stand for some of the shit they were trying to pull.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 20:04:10 »

Oh, special mention to the ref. Refreshing to see one that would not stand for some of the shit they were trying to pull.

At least one fella on their forum is quite cross about it: https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/can-you-report-the-referee.89866/

Most of them are quite sensible mind.

More importantly, does this mean we do matchday threads the day before now? Does a draw provide enough evidence to make such a seismic change?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 20:13:47 »

At least one fella on their forum is quite cross about it: https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/can-you-report-the-referee.89866/

More importantly, does this mean we do matchday threads the day before now? Does a draw provide enough evidence to make such a seismic change?
Was talking to one of their supporters on the way out and he just said their two red cards were their own fault and the ref had no alternative.  Believed the 4th official drew the ref's attention to the first one!
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 20:15:44 »

Was talking to one of their supporters on the way out and he just said their two red cards were their own fault and the ref had no alternative.  Believed the 4th official drew the ref's attention to the first one!
Ref had his back to the incident so I can believe that. Turned round and whipped the red straight out.
Flashheart

« Reply #277 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 20:18:14 »

Ha ha, fucking hell!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 20:23:14 »

Vigouroux getting a lot of stick on here but im hearing 1st goal was a sizeable deflection and the second unstoppable?

Must have been. When the score was 2-0 I read they had 1 shot on target  Wink
Flashheart

« Reply #279 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 20:24:38 »

Having just read Doughty's quotes (I missed him on the radio), his comments appear to be in somewhat of a different context than was made out earlier.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 20:26:10 »

Regarding the imp saying he should have given shackle a warning - he did, a very clear and public warning towards the end of the first half

Things get better but they never get good
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 20:31:28 »

Having just read Doughty's quotes (I missed him on the radio), his comments appear to be in somewhat of a different context than was made out earlier.
Would you believe me if I told you Bamboo’s assessment of Doughty’s comments was complete waffle?
Flashheart

« Reply #282 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 20:33:43 »

Would you believe me if I told you Bamboo’s assessment of Doughty’s comments was complete waffle?

Yes. Yes I would.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 20:38:58 »

I thought he spoke well for what it’s worth, admitted he’s frustrated but at no point did he come across as thinking he’s better or that he wants out.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 20:55:11 »

Ref had his back to the incident so I can believe that. Turned round and whipped the red straight out.

Nope, ref was looking right at it and made his own decision, nothing to do with Lino.  I watched it back.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: