Poll
Question: What factor in the main determines which party you will vote for on 6th May?
Past performance
Loyalty to party
Party leader
Current policies
Other (please state)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election  (Read 5874 times)
Talk Talk

« on: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 20:41:43 »

If you are going to vote for a particular party, then why?
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 20:43:38 by Talk Talk » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 20:44:53 »

One i disagree with the least

Things get better but they never get good
Rich Pullen

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 20:47:43 »

I'll read through the policies (and I will).

However, I feel the Conservative Party do not represent me.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 20:50:44 »

bnp

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 22:44:10 »

other.
time for change is the tories line and i agree with it,but i'm not going backwards by voting for them.
 lib dem it is.plus it would be funny as fuck to see them come from nowhere and beat the other two
Rich Pullen

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 22:47:47 »

A Lib Dem victory would be the biggest thing in U.K. politics for generations... and reason is purely down to television coverage.

How different could this nation be had we done this decades ago?
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 22:50:33 by Rich Pullen » Logged
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 23:20:39 »

lib dem for me, i think realistically if change from the standard two parties isn't going to happen this time then it'll never happen

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 23:52:41 »

Anyone who thinks a Lib Dem victory will see a massive change in British politics is deluded. It will be no different than when the Tories came to power in 1979 or Labour in 1997. They start off talking a good game and doing good things and then end up corrupt from top to bottom and their motives change from doing their job to staying in power by any means.

Why do you think the Lib Dem's want proportional representation? Because it is a better and fairer system? Of course not, it's because it will get them more seats. If they were to win the election with a majority, all talk of electoral reform and especially proportional representation will be conveniently pushed to one side and then eventually forgotten about.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #8 on: Friday, April 23, 2010, 00:17:43 »

Anyone who thinks a Lib Dem victory will see a massive change in British politics is deluded. It will be no different than when the Tories came to power in 1979 or Labour in 1997. They start off talking a good game and doing good things and then end up corrupt from top to bottom and their motives change from doing their job to staying in power by any means.

Why do you think the Lib Dem's want proportional representation? Because it is a better and fairer system? Of course not, it's because it will get them more seats. If they were to win the election with a majority, all talk of electoral reform and especially proportional representation will be conveniently pushed to one side and then eventually forgotten about.

I'm desperately looking for a party that isn't making the sort of promises made from the elections you mention.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, April 23, 2010, 00:36:31 »

A Lib Dem victory would be the biggest thing in U.K. politics for generations... and reason is purely down to television coverage.

How different could this nation be had we done this decades ago?

In the late 70's the Liberals were doing really well until the Jeremy Thorpe did an impression of Captain Kirk, and at that point Thatcher took office for the first time.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Friday, April 23, 2010, 01:14:53 »

Replace Brown with a Tony Blair circa 1997 and you would have three leaders of three different parties who all did a mean imitation of each other. The sudden Lib Dem popularity is because they finally have a face who can talk the talk. Many seem to be warming to the idea of a 'revolutionary' change (yeah right!) rather than getting into the policies - the tv debate is just a way of proving media relations and sucking up to the general public. The programme's format doesn't help, but the occasion overshadows anything meaningful.

All this talk of change and alternatives, it feels like 1997 again. This election will be won through style (sic) over substance, if it's won at all. Will there be change? A change of party perhaps, but not in the way politics has headed in recent history.

In a way I'd like it to be a hung parliament so to shake things up a bit. If I vote, it will be on the consideration of each party's policies, which will require a fair bit of reading over the next week or so.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, April 23, 2010, 01:35:55 »

In a way I'd like it to be a hung parliament so to shake things up a bit. If I vote, it will be on the consideration of each party's policies, which will require a fair bit of reading over the next week or so.

Policies:
Conservative: We've got dosh, we want more so the rest of you can pay more taxes so we can pay less (usual ploy provide tax cuts that are worthless to the middle classes and strongly benefit the wealthy, works every time).  Trickle down the wealth from the less taxed wealthy and that will benefit the lower earners and provide more jobs.  Unfortunately this only tends to wreck the balance of payments because the wealth trickles out.  The wealthy are very happy.

Labour:  We don't have enough dosh, lets get dosh from the wealthy and spread the wealth around and help the less fortunate.  History tells us that the usual outcome is higher taxes and the economy going in the red.  Nobody appears to be happy.

Dems: Haven't been in government, pro Europe. Some people happy, a lot of people not happy at all.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Friday, April 23, 2010, 08:50:20 »

No offence, but I wouldn't base my vote on what any person on here had written.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #13 on: Friday, April 23, 2010, 08:53:15 »

No offence, but I wouldn't base my vote on what any person on here had written.

Why would you?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, April 23, 2010, 09:13:15 »

Genuinely undecided, although leaning towards the Lib Dems.  The Lib Dems represent my views better than the other parties with the exception of their take on Europe/the EU, where they are a little too pro-EU, pro-Euro for my liking.

As I have said in other threads, however, the First Past the Post electoral system effectively disenfranchises me though.  We fall under the Aldershot constituency which has been solidly Tory since the War.  The incumbent is Gerald Howarth, a vile gay-hating, immigrant-bashing worm of a man who will almost certainly be re-elected.  My wife and I are both hoping he will come to the front door canvassing because we have a competition to see who can be the first to kick him squarely in the bollocks.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: