Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vale hit their 5,000 target  (Read 6937 times)
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, June 2, 2008, 09:43:15 »

My two pen'orth.
On the negative side, we could argue that Swindon is full of loyal armchair premiersh!t fans.
We could argue that there is no longer any interest in football.
We could argue that when the club were going under last season the majority of the current support were too apathetic to even wear an orange hat, or join protests.
We could argue that people are holding back to see if they are going to get the £40 discount or not.
We could say all of the above & more, but I really do believe that we can & will do it. On the Positive side
Many like myself have not bought yet. I will buy before June 16th though. There will also be a proportion saving up for the ticket. If you have til August the first why pay up on June 1st (from a newbies perspective)
Even without the discount, it's good value. We will be watching live football for less than the Sky subscription to watch a premiersh!t side.
The deal is particularly attractive for families with kids. That is the way to attract the people new to Swindon.
There are I would guess, thousands who live in the town who  have an interest in football. Many will no doubt already follow other teams, but can't afford to go to the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal ManUre, Liverpool etc (Or can't get tickets etc). Why can't they support their local team too, it's not like they have to go to every match to be quids in is it ? These sorts will typically have kids too, given thge coice between taking the kids to see the likes of Chelsea once or twice in the season & going to Swindon every week I thing k the latter makes more sense financially. (Again you can aregue that these people would never support another team, but they are probably abit "plastic" anyway (by definition of supporting the team that they do)
In my view this is a superb deal. If the club are doing initiatives to make people aware & we supporters do our bit and help the club promote it I can see us selling far more than 6,000.

From the Dark Side
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #76 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 22:18:26 »

shit i,ve forgot to buy mine.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: