Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England name Moores as new coach  (Read 7601 times)
STFC Village

« on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 13:17:44 »

England have named Peter Moores as the permanent successor to departing head coach Duncan Fletcher.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/6573813.stm

A very quick decision, but i think it's the right one
mattboyslim

« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 13:20:30 »

Kudos the ECB for a quick decision, interesting to see if there are substantial changes to the approach or a smoother continuation of teh status quo.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 13:28:59 »

i don't know much about him to be honest so...good decision by the ECB!  Cool
Rich Pullen

« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 13:29:02 »

Good call to give the Moores a chance.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 13:39:53 »

Very pleased with that. The winning culture he created at Sussex and the results he achieved speak for themselves. He has obviously impressed a lot of people whilst in charge of the Academy and England A as well.
fatbury

« Reply #5 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 14:19:48 »

No I have to say its a bad choice .. has no real experience of International Cricket as a player or a coach and worst of all hes English - and thus ala MacLaren in the footy wont have the respect of the players.

I would rather have had a seasoned and proven top class player from abroad who commanded respect from the off.

Its just the cheap easy option .. for ECB read FA
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 14:29:43 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
has no real experience of International Cricket as a player or a coach

nor did john buchananp; let me know how he's gone as australia coach will ya

nd worst of all hes English - and thus ala MacLaren in the footy wont have the respect of the players.

it's nothing to do with nationality, it's the qualities, personality and structures you bring to the job. mcclaren'sproblem is that he's shit. moores has a quality reack record

nah the ecb don't need to save money. everyone wants the england job; moody, bracewell and whatmore were all keen. the ecb went with the guy they felt was the most progressive young coach in the world
mattboyslim

« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 14:34:43 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
has no real experience of International Cricket as a player or a coach

nor did john buchananp; let me know how he's gone as australia coach will ya

nd worst of all hes English - and thus ala MacLaren in the footy wont have the respect of the players.

it's nothing to do with nationality, it's the qualities, personality and structures you bring to the job. mcclaren'sproblem is that he's shit. moores has a quality reack record

nah the ecb don't need to save money. everyone wants the england job; moody, bracewell and whatmore were all keen. the ecb went with the guy they felt was the most progressive young coach in the world

FACT! you can't exclusively comapre footy and cricket, for a start no football maanger has a selection comittee and selectors picking his side.  Fact is we are a decent cricket team, and have recruited a promising coach, to me this suggests a bright future, there are no gurantees, but people who no plenty more about cricket than em rate the guy.
Spud

« Reply #8 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 14:47:30 »

No I have to say its a bad choice .. has no real experience of International Cricket as a player or a coach and worst of all hes English - and thus ala MacLaren in the footy wont have the respect of the players.

Did your 'source' tell you that?

How do you possibly know that he wont have the respect of the players? he must have had the repect of the Sussex players a few years ago.
fatbury

« Reply #9 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 15:33:00 »

Just my opinion ... I shall bring this post back up in 2 years time when we change coaches
sonic youth

« Reply #10 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 15:42:02 »

...and I'll bring this post up when we whitewash the Windies.
Spud

« Reply #11 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 15:42:44 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
...and I'll bring this post up when we whitewash the Windies.

Cool

And fatbury wonders why he gets banned all the time.
lebowski

« Reply #12 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 16:51:47 »

just glad they picked someone and backed him to do the job, none of that "caretaker" nonsense.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 16:52:19 »

good move. lets see what he can do
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 17:34:00 »

Quote from: "Rich"
good move. lets see what he can do

Whilst agreeing its right to give the fella a chance, I have misgivings, the key imperative for making your way in English cricket, is to be a good chap, safe pair of hands, wont rock the boat type.

Think it would have been better to have got a complete outsider, who would rattle the cage.....Shane Warne for me.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: