Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 25758 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 22:09:19 »

Is that OK?
thanks for that NMH, I did listen to it but can digest it much better with your summary. We will all know before too long so I'll be keeping everything crossed for a good outcome.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 22:10:41 »

Flint does get singled out fairly often, doesn't he?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 22:12:44 »

Cheers NOMORE HEROES, appreciated. Did Paolo seem happily accepting of the point, the tone of his voice?
Bloody Hell ! You want voice intonation as well!!!!!

He was trying to be very calm and careful with what he said. He was adamant that he wanted to address his issues with the players rather than over the radio. However, just like Radio Luxembourg in the old days, his voice got louder and words quicker as he tried to contain his anger. He let slip little bits about not being happy with Roberts, Flint, Martin and Collins. He excused Williams and praised Fodderingham, Ferry, McCormack, Miller & Ritchie. The others he didn't mention.

He was very careful about discussing the take over. He said that there was a possibility to bring in players because of freeing up wages with Benson moving to Chelters. However, he was careful to say that there are a number of different scenarios that could play out. When pressed about whether he could move quickly enough to bring in players, he was adamant that he could potentially get 2 or 3.

So, in conclusion, he was very controlled and circumspect in his interview. You could tell he was disappointed, but he didn't rant.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 22:13:20 »

Cheers NOMORE HEROES, appreciated. Did Paolo seem happily accepting of the point, the tone of his voice?
IMO He sounded totally pissed off and fed up but was attempting not to let that come through.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 22:13:47 »

I think you should make more use of accents, diacritics and smilies to convey intonation. Half-arsed effort Smiley
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 22:20:36 »

Cheers, once again NoMoreHeroes, didn't have the chance to hear the interview tonight, and i've always read as much into Paolo's temperature of feeling conveyed in his words, it's like the meat on the bones. Good job. Clap
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 22:31:46 »

Decent point on a shit pitch against a good side away from home.

Terrific support as well on a Tuesday night
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 22:34:26 »

I think it's a good point, all be it disappointing we didn't win, but positives include a clean sheet, a point, 8 games unbeaten and back up to 3rd after 10 days without a game. nearly 800 in support is fantastic on a Tuesday night over in East London! Onwards to Crawley!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 22:45:54 »

Just got back.

Awful game. Pitch was rubbish and conditions just as bad.

We were better team, although wes saved us at the end.

Brilliant turnout from town fans.

Happy with a point, roll on Crawley!
Wandered

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 22:51:58 »

Good support. Pitch was shocking and got worse throughout the match. Also a steady drizzle and a swirling blustery wind. It Hampered our slick passing. Martin and Roberts seem to dither too much. Great save by Wes. All in all a reasonable point.
Wandered

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 22:53:55 »

Until today, you had been to the same two away games as me.  Are you my stalker?
Or are you mine?
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 23:00:58 »

Until today, you had been to the same two away games as me.  Are you my stalker?
My new girlfriend thinks I'm a stalker.......Well, she isn't actually my girlfriend yet.  Cheesy
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 23:06:51 »

Decent point on a shit pitch against a good side away from home.

Terrific support as well on a Tuesday night

Agree with the above apart from Leyton Orient being a good side.  For the majority of the game they were shit and quite happily playing for a 0-0 draw.

The pitch was dreadful and affected the game, but poor finishing and indecisiveness has cost us all 3 points tonight.  Very frustrating considering the amount of possession we had, but it was one of those games where if we were still playing now we wouldn't have scored.

Superb save from Wes at the end.  I was certain it was in, which would have been very harsh on it.

Not sure why Di Canio is unhappy with Flint.  I thought he was solid and can't remember him doing anything wrong unlike Roberts and Martin.  Can anyone else who was there enlighten me?

« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 23:27:01 by joteddyred » Logged
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 23:12:33 »

Agree with the above apart from Leyton Orient being a good side.  For the majority of the game they were shit and quite happily playing for a 0-0 draw.

The pitch was dreadful and affected the game, but poor finishing and indecisiveness has cost us 3 points tonight.  Very frustrating considering the amount of possession we had, but it was one of those games where if we were still playing now we wouldn't have scored.

Superb save from Wes at the end.  I was certain it was in, which would have been very harsh on it.

Not sure why Di Canio is unhappy with Flint.  I thought he was solid and can't remember him doing anything wrong unlike Roberts and Martin.  Can anyone else who was there enlighten me?

I think you'll find it's cost us two points
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 23:30:03 »

I think you'll find it's cost us two points

It was obvious what I meant, but just to be completely clear I've now added the word all in.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: