Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Town To Appeal Douglas Red Card  (Read 5497 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2009, 18:53:12 »

The only good news...he will be back v Leeds.
lambourn red

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2009, 19:02:37 »

I said at the time we should take our punishment as they always increase it if it is not overturned and unless it is mistaken identity then it is very rarely turned over. 4 games without Douglas does not bare thinking about.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2009, 19:14:50 »

it was ONE footed and the ref was quoted as referring to a TWO footed tackle afterwards

Dougie's foot was on the ground. 

not sure whether Douglas got to the ball first or whether the Milwall player flicked it away just before - IF it was late at all, it was very marginal. 

Yellow max - can't see how a red could have been awarded except by a mistake by the ref.

in effect the Milwall no 26 and his friends sent Dougie off and the FA reckons a further punishment is required for appealing.

yeah, sure
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2009, 19:16:05 »

Isnt Pedo Bates on these kind of panels?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2009, 19:18:08 »

We were never going to win the appeal, clubs rarely do - whether that's right or wrong is up for debate... We've lost Douglas for another game which is a bit foolish.

Good news for Timlin and Easton though.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 13, 2009, 19:28:38 by Rich Pullen » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2009, 20:09:20 »

Good job the game isn't a league one though and now someone else has to stand up and be counted - better for that to happen when we have some confidence than in a bad run I suppose.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2009, 20:22:09 »

We were never going to win the appeal, clubs rarely do - whether that's right or wrong is up for debate... We've lost Douglas for another game which is a bit foolish.

Good news for Timlin and Easton though.

It's not the fact we lost the appeal that pisses me off though. It's the fact that we supposidly "abused" the process. Total joke.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2009, 20:33:19 »

This would be an ideal time for Pook to step up to the plate Wink

(If he was still here)
chrisser

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2009, 22:20:48 »

Something else that annoys me - Richard Keogh's attempt to end Wes Hoolahan's career at the end of Carlisle v Norwich on Saturday was far worse than what either Douglas or Frampton did.  However because the referee saw it and chose to book him, there's nothing the FA will do about it.  As a result, it's worth one fifth of a one match ban whilst Douglas sits out the next month.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: