Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: They've signed - Ferry & Caddis  (Read 9560 times)
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 19:17:25 »

if i were picking the team.

Lucas

Amankwaah
Cuthbert
LJF
Rose

JPM
Prutton
Douglas
O'Brien

Ball
Austin

that team almost picks itself. Hard decision to play Prutton ahead of Ferry. I stuck O'Brien on the left because he's a left winger!

I've heard Caddis can cover all these positions but I have only seen him play wide right once, on TV. He can play left wing I'd play him over O'Brien.

I think Ball would be wasted out wide.
i would agree with that team i cant see ferry or caddis starting saturday, would probably come off the bench for the last half hour depending on how well were doing.

i would give o'brien a go because he deserves his chance he has come through pre-season healthy so lets give him a chance.

if someone was going to lose his place i think it would be manky cant wait to see JPM and Caddis whipping in the crosses from the right side

BRING ON SATURDAY Beers
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 19:18:19 »

I'd agree but he's our only left winger.

I did debate playing Caddis right and JPM left - but I think its stupid to take the best and most creative right winger in the division and move him left.

I've no doubt he would do a decent job but if it isnt broke. Plus he and Manks link up well
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 19:19:36 »

O'brien won't start.

Squad player at best.

It's All Good..............
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 19:21:30 »

O'brien won't start.

Squad player at best.
we havnt seen a fit o'brien yet so i wouldnt rule him out. unlike preicard whos had enough minutes over 20 games and still has nothing to show for it
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 19:22:46 »

I dont think Ball will start either.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 19:27:31 »

I dont think Ball will start either.

I think he will.

The side that started against Forest (except for Charlie starting) will be roughly the starting 11 for Saturday. Whether Ferry and/or Caddis will come in I do not know, but it's a nice dilemma to have.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 19:30:56 »

Hasn't Ball pretty much exclusively played left wing in pre season, and didn't Wilson state clearly that he wants him to play that position to keep him away from the ugly side of League one in the centre?

He may be listed as a forward at Man City, but he's still young and learning, meaning he'd probably be just as effective out wide given his technical ability.  Ward was hardly ineefective was he, and Wilson see's similar traits in the two.  He also seems to want someone upfront with a bit of presence to let Austin play off.  I'd see Pericard as starting or Dossevi if he signs.  Looks to me that Ball will be essentially wide left for us unless injuries or a lack of form upfront push him inside due to necessity.
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 19:36:06 »

I think Danny will use Tuesday nights game against Orient to field a much changed team, to ease the dillema (albeit a good one) a bit. Against Brighton I think it will be mainly the line up that started against Forest.

Lucas
            Amankwaah   Cuthbert           Lecsinel       Rose
                 J-P         Prutton             Douglas       Ball
                                    Austin   Pericard

Would expect Ferry and Caddis to appear if winning towards end of the game.

Against Leyton Orient;

Smith
           Caddis         Morrison      Cuthbert       Lecsinel
             J-P           Douglas        Ferry          O'Brien
                             Austin       Dossevi (if signed, if not Ball)

Or something similar to the above, whoever performs better in the games I expect to keep their place for the game against Hartlepool.
I don't think Ferry or Caddis would walk into the team. Prutton and Amankwaah both played well against Forest, Big Kev's link play with J-P is immense at times. My prediction is against Hartlepool Ferry will be in the starting eleven with Prutton, Douglas, J-P and Ball in a five man midfield. Austin up top on his own and Amankwaah to keep his place ahead of caddis who will have to make do with being a super sub for a while  Hmmm

If "Practice makes perfect" and "nobody is perfect" why bother waste time practicing when there is beer to be drank.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 19:38:08 »

Hasn't Ball pretty much exclusively played left wing in pre season, and didn't Wilson state clearly that he wants him to play that position to keep him away from the ugly side of League one in the centre?

He may be listed as a forward at Man City, but he's still young and learning, meaning he'd probably be just as effective out wide given his technical ability.  Ward was hardly ineefective was he, and Wilson see's similar traits in the two.  He also seems to want someone upfront with a bit of presence to let Austin play off.  I'd see Pericard as starting or Dossevi if he signs.  Looks to me that Ball will be essentially wide left for us unless injuries or a lack of form upfront push him inside due to necessity.

Yep...said that about Ward but used him sparingly at times...hes young and no experience,think v Brighton he will be on the bench first up.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 20:12:20 »

Yep...said that about Ward but used him sparingly at times...hes young and no experience,think v Brighton he will be on the bench first up.

One thing Ball has over Ward is that he's had a pre-season with the team, one thing Ward didn't.

I have no doubts Ball will start, unless he's injured in the next week.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 20:19:17 »

HOME

Lucas
Amankwaah Cuthbert JF Rose
JPM Prutton Douggie O'Brien/Ball
       Austin Tommy(Doss..)/Ball

AWAY

Lucas
 Amankwaah Cuthbert JF Rose
JPM Ferry Douggie Prutton Ball
                Austin

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Barry Scott

« Reply #71 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 20:25:59 »

No Caddis anywhere Crispy?

Just listened to Caddis' interview on world and he says he can play anywhere apart from centre half. Or has been utilised everywhere apart from CB. Must have said GK as well thinking about it!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 20:26:55 »

left wing then hopefully. push ball up top. jobs a good'un
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 20:50:43 »

Looking at that picture on the OS I honestly thought Caddis was wearing a big diamond earring.
[url width=320 height=256]http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/javaImages/1/74/0,,10341~8942593,00.jpg[/url]
Relieved he isn't.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 21:00:22 »

Looking at that picture on the OS I honestly thought Caddis was wearing a big diamond earring.
[url width=320 height=256]http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/javaImages/1/74/0,,10341~8942593,00.jpg[/url]
Relieved he isn't.
hey wheres the messy hair we was promised? fitton out
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: