Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: David Ball from Man City  (Read 10118 times)
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 12:00:39 »

very underwhelming signing. We need experienced strikers not someone who may or may not do well. May as well signed Revell. Wink

I hope this is a joke.

Talking of "a bit special" .....the Daily Mail did an article this week about the 'great hopes' for the next World Cup and put in a predicted starting 11 including all the usual suspects such as Jack Wilshere, Rooney and Walcott.....and then.....Frank Nouble!!! WTF?!?  

Clap this cheered me up no end!

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 12:06:52 »

Why the fuck do our fans persist on thinking that just because someone has a "reputation" in the game that they will be good and if they have never heard of them that they will be crap?Huh??

He could be a great player for all we know, give the bloke a fucking chance before you write the fucker off FFS.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 12:07:51 »

Why the fuck do our fans persist on thinking that just because someone has a "reputation" in the game that they will be good and if they have never heard of them that they will be crap?Huh??

He could be a great player for all we know, give the bloke a fucking chance before you write the fucker off FFS.

This

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 12:18:05 »

Who the fuck are Danny Ward, Charlie Austin, Simon Ferry & Scott Cuthbert?

Good players that I'd never heard of this time last year, that who.

MelkshamRED

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 12:19:11 »

Who the fuck are Danny Ward, Charlie Austin, Simon Ferry & Scott Cuthbert?

Good players that I'd never heard of this time last year, that who.

well said colin
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 12:34:22 »

Hope the lad is good.  To be honest none of us have any idea do we?  Some may claim knowledge but generally that through playing champ manager or whatever its called.

I personally hope we are not relying on him being the answer.  It would be lovely if he is but we just don't know do we.  I thought we had two loanees last year (tempe obadeyi or whatever it was and Nouble) who were really hotly tipped for a big future in the game and may indeed have one, but to me seemed to be all raw power, pace and tricks and no fucking clue what to do with it when they'd beaten the 4 players and got it to the byeline.

But as I say I have no idea about the lad, and neither do I have any idea about the other one people seemed to be hoping it was (Niemly) so we'll just have to wait and see.

Never knowingly overstated.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 12:37:11 »

I'm mystified how some posters on here seem to be underwhelmed.Only yesterday, the club were
saying that they were 99.9% sure that we had a young player coming in on a seasons loan.

Wilson also said, how the young player was "champing at the bit to come and join us".

These days attitude as well as ability, is so important with loan players.

Give the lad a chance!

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 12:42:30 »

I think most of are happy and will give him a chance, but we've had a few loanees and some of them have been pretty underwhelming.  We'll see what he's like (i.e. give him a chance) before declaring our undying love for him.

SCM

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 12:43:30 »

Never seen him play, just that Sheffield United and Cardiff wanted him on loan last season which indicates he has something about him.

I'll try and do some digging for comments from City fans.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 12:45:33 »

I'm mystified how some posters on here seem to be underwhelmed.Only yesterday, the club were
saying that they were 99.9% sure that we had a young player coming in on a seasons loan.

Wilson also said, how the young player was "champing at the bit to come and join us".

These days attitude as well as ability, is so important with loan players.

Give the lad a chance!

Simple, because some people on here are plums and really need to have a word with themselves!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 12:47:33 »

I think most of are happy and will give him a chance, but we've had a few loanees and some of them have been pretty underwhelming.  We'll see what he's like (i.e. give him a chance) before declaring our undying love for him.

Loan record from last season is quite an even split to be fair so don't think anyone should be underwhelmed:

Good loanees - Ward, Ferry, Sheehan and Derby
Bad loanees - Nouble, Hutchinson, Odabeyi and Revell
Undecided - Ritchie

As was stated above by alanmayes if the player has the right attitude then thats a great start, personally am not remotely dissapointed we are talking about a young player hungry for his first taste of league football.  It's a no lose situation if hes not up to it then he remains 4th choice, if hes awesome then he partners Charlie.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 12:55:14 »

i wouldn't put Revell in with Hutch, Nouble and Odabeyi.
he wasn't that bad

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 12:57:31 »

Loan record from last season is quite an even split to be fair so don't think anyone should be underwhelmed:

Good loanees - Ward, Ferry, Sheehan and Derby
Bad loanees - Nouble, Hutchinson, Odabeyi and Revell
Undecided - Ritchie

As was stated above by alanmayes if the player has the right attitude then thats a great start, personally am not remotely dissapointed we are talking about a young player hungry for his first taste of league football.  It's a no lose situation if hes not up to it then he remains 4th choice, if hes awesome then he partners Charlie.

As you say its an even split so neither should they be overwhelmed!  Depends whether you're a pessimist or an optimist.  Im happy someone want to join us and is showing the right attitude.  To be honest I don't really know why Im replying.  Im switzerland on this, totally neutral ready to decide once i've seen the evidence with my own eyes.  

Im sure Danny et al have a better eye for player than a fat 39 year old who's greatest football achievement was runner up in the springfield 5 a side league in 1841.

Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 12:57:53 »

i wouldn't put Revell in with Hutch, Nouble and Odabeyi.
he wasn't that bad

Agree. He deseveres his own catagory of "hardworking but medicore loanee"

I'd also argue that hutchinson deserves his own sub-bad catagory
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 12:58:45 »

"i hope ball does well as i really want to see him in the first team in the future one of the best academy players weve produced"

The rest of the comments seem more based on him and them benefiting from first team football so I assume a lot of them haven't seen him play.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: