Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Christian Roberts  (Read 9609 times)
JPC82

« Reply #15 on: Monday, September 1, 2008, 17:33:41 »

he was talking to the club about this last week, didnt know the press knew though
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, September 1, 2008, 17:36:32 »

I has a suspicion his injury would see him do a Gurney and drop to semi-pro. Has to be said it isn't definite it is his injury that is forcing him to retire.

Good luck to him, I hope he has kept/can continue to keep his demons away.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #17 on: Monday, September 1, 2008, 17:48:57 »

Yeah he could go into Non-Leage or League of Wales pretty easily.

Good luck to him if he's going to retire.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #18 on: Monday, September 1, 2008, 17:55:40 »

it's on the back page of the WDP.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #19 on: Monday, September 1, 2008, 17:56:07 »

he was talking to the club about this last week, didnt know the press knew though

What gave you that idea?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, September 1, 2008, 18:06:19 »

Roberts off the wage bill and Parkin in.....

makes perfect sense.
sonic youth

« Reply #21 on: Monday, September 1, 2008, 18:06:57 »

feel sorry for the bloke. He probably just can't be arsed now and may have started doing other things now?

such as drinking?
DMR

« Reply #22 on: Monday, September 1, 2008, 18:24:38 »

I have come to the conclusion I fucking love Christian Roberts. Even if he is infuriating.

Can't bring myself to wish him well yet because I hope we see him again in a town shirt. If he does come to the decision to leave and call it a day, then I'll certainly echo the above sentiments.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, September 1, 2008, 18:31:09 »

I agree with Dave.

DMR

« Reply #24 on: Monday, September 1, 2008, 18:34:59 »

I think it was the goal at Swansea last year that did it for me. Can't not love him after that - and the celebration was magic.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #25 on: Monday, September 1, 2008, 18:35:21 »

It's a shame that he won't be able to repay the club back with all the faith they've shown in him. Would be a shame if he drops out of the game because it sort of proves the point he was never a good option to keep on.

That said if he goes elsewhere and does well (as long as it isn't against us) it'll show that Onuora and Wise were right to keep the faith. I hope he does what he feels best for him as I always thought he seemed a decent enough bloke, problems aside.
Spencer_White

« Reply #26 on: Monday, September 1, 2008, 19:33:15 »

He had a half decent season the year we were promoted.

This makes perfect sense to me. We cant afford JPM and Roberts (the two most inconsistant players in the squad) battling for the same position. Time for him to move on, either to someone like Newport County/Wrexham maybe, or get into something else outside the game.

You have to wonder though. Someone like Gazza's real problems only started once he left the game.

Obviously all the best of luck to him, but you cant help but feel sad and dissapointed about a talent wasted. For us and for Wales. We held on in there for him, hoping things might come good, but its not going to happen now.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 1, 2008, 19:39:58 by Spencer_White » Logged
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, September 1, 2008, 20:12:43 »

I'd be gutted if this were true, I'm a big fan of Roberts. Been a lot more consistent since we got relegated and never deserved the stick he got IMO. Was occasionally lazy yes, but so is McNamee.

Hope it's not true, would like to see him back in the side.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, September 1, 2008, 22:02:27 »

Would be a shame. Things just haven't worked out for him here really.
Barry Scott

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 07:02:09 »

This would be a real shame. Since he's moved onto the wing, i think he's grown into an incredible winger on his day. As a winger i think he's one of the most talented players we have. I'll remember his mazy Maradona run at Cheltenham away last year the most.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: