Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: sam parkin  (Read 13812 times)
Piemonte

« Reply #60 on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 09:03:02 »

I dont remember the Norwich header Crying

I'll never forget the curler against Millwall though
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 09:13:01 »

I was sat in the Intel for that goal against Millwall, looked amazing!!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 10:01:57 »

looks like he is off ot Luton by the sounds of it. cant say im surprised at that really tbh. he probably wanted to stay down south
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 10:49:17 »

two things: sam is off to Luton and 2) why is he not a legend? He's one of the most proligic strikers we've had? Ever.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 10:55:02 »

Don't make PM explain it again!!

:wall:
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 11:36:08 »

Quote from: "juddie"
two things: sam is off to Luton and 2) why is he not a legend? He's one of the most proligic strikers we've had? Ever.

SSP weighs in at twelfth on the all time list .....of goals in all comps.

hero....yes .....legend ....no.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 11:42:32 »

Fair reflection Reg.

I'm quite surprised he's opted for Luton. Obviously its so he can stick close to home, more so than ever in fact. But he always stated his ambition to play at the highest level he could and test himself - yet he's gone to the smaller, less ambitious, more convenient club.

Good luck to him, one of the good guys.
Melksham Red

« Reply #67 on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 11:46:32 »

Sam Parkin is a hero but no legend. Whereas Chalky White is a true legend. Anyone else remember him selling programs outside the ground? That deserves legendary status in my book.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #68 on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 11:50:25 »

Quote from: "The Moonraker"
Fair reflection Reg.

I'm quite surprised he's opted for Luton. Obviously its so he can stick close to home, more so than ever in fact. But he always stated his ambition to play at the highest level he could and test himself - yet he's gone to the smaller, less ambitious, more convenient club.

Good luck to him, one of the good guys.

I think Parkin will be a very good signing - more than adequate replacement for Howard.

Parkin is not a Swindon legend. Fans favourite/hero/prolific goalscorer .. But we had no success whilst he was at the club and most of our "legends" did achieve club success as well as individual.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 13:16:02 »

Quote from: "Melksham Red"
Sam Parkin is a hero but no legend. Whereas Chalky White is a true legend. Anyone else remember him selling programs outside the ground? That deserves legendary status in my book.

Before the Brighton game at the Withdean a few seasons ago I was lucky enough to have food with him and the guys from Radio Swindon. He's absolutely the nicest bloke you could ever hope to meet. Top, top, top bloke.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 13:39:24 »

Chalky White or Parkin?
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 13:57:30 »

Quote from: "STFC4LIFE"
Chalky White or Parkin?

Chalky.

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 13:59:29 »

if steve white would have learned the offside rule he would have scored 50 a season.
he's a legend just for pulling his shorts up to his chest,stfc's answer to simon cowell.
parkin is the best town player of the last 10 years so deserves all the credit town fans give him,if some see him as a legend then i say fair enough
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 14:02:40 »

so what constitutes being a legend? OK, we won nowt while he was here - but he was the first real player we had to believe in for years, the first terrace hero for a long, long time - the first player we could be proud of - he consistently hit 20+ a season and he probably overstayed his jaunt at SN1 - he could have gone after his second season but stayed to try and take us up.

I was lucky enough to get to know sam when he worked at the club and he was always up for doing community stuff (unlike many others( - he loved it at Swindon and still talks about it. He would have done anythign for the club.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 14:24:42 »

http://www.lutonfc.com/cgi-bin/newspro/viewnews.cgi?newsid1156502518,18350,

I must stress this is Luton's 'unofficial' website, and nothing has officially been reported as yet.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: