Pages: 1 ... 1484 1485 1486 [1487] 1488 1489 1490 ... 2660   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5197988 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #22290 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 10:14:25 »

According to the authorities. He is accused of having sex without asking permission to not use a condom which, in Sweden, is counted as rape. It was consensual sex.

So under Swedish law (where the offence allegedly occurred) it is rape? I am not sure of the point you are making - I am not aware of there being any internationally accepted definition?

And whatever it is, the original point stands that no one is keeping or detaining him in the embassy he chooses to stay there of his own free will so I don't really understand the response of the UN.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #22291 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 10:21:18 »

If he steps outside the embassy he risks being arrested and extradited to the US.

I'm with Ardiles regarding signage. I like ours but their font alignment needs work sometimes. Being 'quirky and British' is one thing but when it's 3am, foggy as balls, and you're trying to work out how the fuck to get home clarity is key.

And the muppets who drove around Britain's roads struggle most of the time anyway. Having less clear signage would make driving virtually impossible without bursting a blood vessel.
Flashheart

« Reply #22292 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 10:24:37 »

The point I am making is that it is clearly misleading to say that he's been accused of rape when he has actually done no such thing. When people hear he's been accused of rape they automatically assume he's forced himself on somebody. Fuck what the Swedish law says, it's idiotic. They can't even make good cheese.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #22293 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 10:40:13 »

If he steps outside the embassy he risks being arrested and extradited to the US.

I'm with Ardiles regarding signage. I like ours but their font alignment needs work sometimes. Being 'quirky and British' is one thing but when it's 3am, foggy as balls, and you're trying to work out how the fuck to get home clarity is key.

And the muppets who drove around Britain's roads struggle most of the time anyway. Having less clear signage would make driving virtually impossible without bursting a blood vessel.

Not strictly correct if he steps out of the embassy he risks arrest and return to Sweden where he is accused of various offences (although he had dodged certain of these already by hiding until the statute of limitations was reached - equally if he so chooses he can stay there until 2020 when the limitations will relate to all the offences he is accused of and he will be free). What happens when he gets back to Sweden is essentially nothing to do with us its a matter between them and the yanks!

I do find it somewhat ironic that much was made during the refugee crisis about how open and straight Sweden was for refugees but then in many cases the self same people are also making out that Sweden is some manner of corrupt poodle of America where Assange is concerned?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #22294 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 10:57:06 »

Why hide?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #22295 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 11:33:32 »

Don't think you can really call it hiding when everyone knows where he is

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #22296 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 11:43:33 »

My contribution to this thread for the day
A bunch of thoroughly creepy train spotters who smell bad (which one of you is it then)

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #22297 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 12:59:20 »

Don't think you can really call it hiding when everyone knows where he is

OK doing a wonderful job of evading arrest regarding charges which have been subject to multiple reviews but are still considered relevant and warranting investigation by various courts (both in the UK and Sweden) following these reviews.

Or alternatively we could describe him as a potential sex offender who has managed to muddy the waters by trying to link his evasion to a perceived threat to his human rights - which has no relationship to the crime requiring investigation, whilst also conveniently ensuring his supporters (who like to make much about human rights) forget the human rights of those who lodged the complaints to have their accusations investigated properly in the first place!

I have no qualms regarding the merits of Wikileaks as a conduit to rightly make the public at large aware of many of the naughty things that governments get up to, I do however object to this odious toad using his perceived importance as some manner of freedom fighter as an excuse to evade investigation, and using it (as he had Wikileaks) as a means to gain the publicity that he so obviously desperately craves.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 5, 2016, 14:08:02 by horlock07 » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #22298 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 15:34:07 »

A bunch of thoroughly creepy train spotters who smell bad (which one of you is it then)

Have you met fatbury
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #22299 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 15:36:11 »

Welsh heritage planning policy, its like stepping back into mid 1990's English planning policy and thus is making me have to think way too much for a Friday afternoon!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22300 on: Friday, February 5, 2016, 19:22:29 »

Wales, its like stepping back into mid 1990's

FIFY
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #22301 on: Saturday, February 6, 2016, 08:05:57 »

Was one of them in double denim, flashing his Lotus key around the place?

Talk Talk

« Reply #22302 on: Saturday, February 6, 2016, 12:17:38 »

Was one of them in double denim, flashing his Lotus key around the place?

I will take all of that on the chin, but I don't think I smell bad? Do I?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #22303 on: Saturday, February 6, 2016, 15:52:02 »

Driving along the M4 around an hour ago, a car was broken down on the hard shoulder. They must've called a friend to come and assist them, who decided to park not behind, nor in front, but beside them straddling into lane 1. He was just opening his door into live traffic as I drove past.

When you hear about a fatality between J17 and J16 on the news later, you'll know why.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22304 on: Saturday, February 6, 2016, 17:13:18 »

I saw your FB pic. What an absolute fucking idiot thing to do..
Pages: 1 ... 1484 1485 1486 [1487] 1488 1489 1490 ... 2660   Go Up
Print
Jump to: