Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1102572 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #315 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 20:56:33 »

Should be, I got 3 today.
STFC Village

« Reply #316 on: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 01:23:59 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
Yay, i'm going to see the Foos on Saturday as well

\ Cheesy /
It was fooking ace i tell thee. Jimmy Page & JP Jones did a couple of songs too Cool
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 09:23:27 »

did mr paige and mr jones come out on friday, or was it just last night? that was so fucking immense, you could see it meant so much for dave grohl, that man is a legend.

Sussex

« Reply #318 on: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 09:40:12 »

Quote from: "Leggett"
did mr paige and mr jones come out on friday, or was it just last night? that was so fucking immense, you could see it meant so much for dave grohl, that man is a legend.

Don't think so. Did you go Friday then? Forking ace night, surprised I didn't see you, It was quite an intimate gig  Smiley
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 10:15:07 »

nah, went last night. was sposed to be up in the gods to the left of the stage but our tickets were reallocated, ended up with standing tickets but we sat next to the club wembley seats, thats a fucking posh bar they've got there, bastards!

STFC Village

« Reply #320 on: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 14:37:52 »

JPJ and Jimmy were only there Saturday night, as i believed they filmed it last night
Sussex

« Reply #321 on: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 14:57:49 »

Quote from: "Leggett"
nah, went last night. was sposed to be up in the gods to the left of the stage but our tickets were reallocated, ended up with standing tickets but we sat next to the club wembley seats, thats a fucking posh bar they've got there, bastards!

We were in middle tier club Wembley seats Friday night to the right of the stage. No queues at the bar, padded seats and everything.. Just perfect when you get to my age!  Cheesy
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Thursday, June 12, 2008, 23:10:35 »

Wahey! Subways last night were amazing! And Koko is a great venue! Not been there before but was very impressed
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Friday, June 13, 2008, 06:28:40 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Wahey! Subways last night were amazing! And Koko is a great venue! Not been there before but was very impressed

i saw silver mount zion (god speed you black emperor) there before when they opened up all the levels.
it was muchos impressive

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Friday, June 13, 2008, 12:56:27 »

Yeh, it was packed on every level, as you'd expect. Very different to anything I've been to before. The huge glitter ball is a nice touch too!
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Friday, June 13, 2008, 18:00:28 »

now imagine seeing an atmospheric type band there and that experience.

damn it was good

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Monday, June 16, 2008, 11:16:01 »

Radiohead next Tuesday! Whammy!
my-velocity

« Reply #327 on: Monday, June 16, 2008, 11:34:38 »

Heard a cheeky rumour that Kasabian are at Glasto, going to perform in the guardian lounge. It was in the paper too..
my-velocity

« Reply #328 on: Monday, June 16, 2008, 11:34:53 »

Heard a cheeky rumour that Kasabian are at Glasto, going to perform in the guardian lounge. It was in the paper too..
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 11:55:13 »

Well the 1 day festival in Lux was a hot affair, I now look like a tomato!! We got there at 11.30am just in time to see local act.

Eternal Tango - Wasn't expecting much but was surprised to hear that they were actually quite good and played some decent tunes

Cribs - Very early and low down in the order and I was surprised at how bad they were. First song My Bovine Public was possibly the worst performed song I have seen for some time. They dedicated a song to their brother that died earlier this year which was the highlight. Overall I wouldn't recommend them live.

Culcho Candela - A kind of german hip hop/reggae act. I hate this style of music but have to admit live it was ok, aimed at youngsters more though.

Anti-Flag - Appalling although the locals loved them.

We Are Scientists - Superb, really good live and they are very funny between songs, the boy with the mustdash was hilarious!

Mando Diao - Very good live

The Kooks - Better than I thought, the crowd was really up for it as well. Good performance

The Verve - Played a mix of old and new tracks (which were typical Verve songs). BitterSweet Symphony was a clear highlight in the singalong stakes although Lucky Man runs it close. Good to see a band I used to listen to at school and never got a chance to see earlier in life.

Overall for 43 Euro, About £30 pretty decent value!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: