Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vid clips on Swindon-Town-FC  (Read 6250 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, May 28, 2008, 18:21:47 »

Quote from: "jjedmunds"
We all agree Jimmy Hill is a wanker!

But Jimmy Greaves is a LEGEND!
Spencer_White

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, May 28, 2008, 18:29:12 »

I was hoping they would have a few of the older 70's and early 80's ones on there at some point too, such as the Asenal, Spurs and Wolves cup games from 79 with my interview on HTV as a 13 year old the day after the game.....blimey....me with hair! I would love to get that on there too! LMFAO

We did have quite a few games on MOTD and Soccer Special and The Big Match on ITV...games such as Home to Watford and home to Plymouth from the mid 70's.

Back in the early 80's, didnt a blank vhs cost about 40 quid? So to find footage of the game we got relegated to the basement must be a real find. You'd have to be a complete die hard supporter to keep such a low moment for the club on such an expensive video!

Just to say, please keep uploading these video's because they are absolutely brilliant. Basically spent my entire weekend watching them.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, May 28, 2008, 18:48:03 »

I was hoping they would have a few of the older 70's and early 80's ones on there at some point too, such as the Asenal, Spurs and Wolves cup games from 79 with my interview on HTV as a 13 year old the day after the game.....blimey....me with hair! I would love to get that on there too! LMFAO

We did have quite a few games on MOTD and Soccer Special and The Big Match on ITV...games such as Home to Watford and home to Plymouth from the mid 70's.

You'd have thought Kenny Stroud's goal of the season from the Big Match circa 77 might be kicking around somewhere.

I remember that Watford game....bird I was with at the time pestered me to go away for the weekend....it was the age old dilemma...what to put first bird or football.  Then I saw the Beeb setting up.. sorted.  Go away and watch MOTD.

I think back then it wasn't announced in advance which games were to be covered,  in case it affected attendances.
Spencer_White

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, May 28, 2008, 19:13:03 »

Aldershot, Freight Rover 1987.

Andy King scores for them!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, May 28, 2008, 19:22:38 »

I've got Endsleigh League Extra when they focus on us selling Jan and not having a no.9 listed in the programme (Ling took the shirt I think)...it's only short but if I find it and you want it you can put it up.

It will serve as a good reminder just how much of an arse McMahon was.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, May 28, 2008, 20:01:42 »

I never knew ITV's Graham Miller used to be the sports reporter at HTV.

The Trollope interview and two people interviewed in Town about the anti hooligan paint was class!!

And the 93 promotion clips, as always, made me feel a little emotional!!

You reds.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 08:43:07 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"

Back in the early 80's, didnt a blank vhs cost about 40 quid? So to find footage of the game we got relegated to the basement must be a real find. You'd have to be a complete die hard supporter to keep such a low moment for the club on such an expensive video!

Just to say, please keep uploading these video's because they are absolutely brilliant. Basically spent my entire weekend watching them.

Yeah I know what you mean about the cost of video tape etc back then and yes it would be a real find, I am always scouting ebay for such gems.

As for the videos on the site....they bring back so many great memories and a couple of real sad ones too, the 90 relegation did bring me close to tears watching again, the outpouring of feeling came rushing back just as it did back then.

Fantastic stuff, keep up the great work!

And nice (sic) to see wed woger Roger Malone again, that man hated us with a passion!

I was actually interviewed by him on a couple of occassions and he was actually a nice bloke but cut him in half and he had Brizzle Shitty written through him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 09:12:47 »

Living in Newbury we never got the highlights so it's the first time i've seen many since the games themselves, so being objective he doesn't come across with an anti swindon bias to myself, seems pretty objective in the clips there.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 10:20:04 »

That's because you haven't had to sit through him swooning over the brizzle clubs in those clips!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 12:38:53 »

crdit due for those vids.some great memories there.
we were spoilt as town fans for a good few years.i'm glad i witnessed alot of it
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 12:44:26 »

Quote from: "janaage"
That's because you haven't had to sit through him swooning over the brizzle clubs in those clips!

Exactly Jan!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 16:38:07 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

You'd have thought Kenny Stroud's goal of the season from the Big Match circa 77 might be kicking around somewhere.

I remember that Watford game....bird I was with at the time pestered me to go away for the weekend....it was the age old dilemma...what to put first bird or football.  Then I saw the Beeb setting up.. sorted.  Go away and watch MOTD.

I think back then it wasn't announced in advance which games were to be covered,  in case it affected attendances.

I've got that edition of the Big Match on DVD, Kenny Stroud's goal was a screamer.

I've also got copies of the MOTD's in 68  & 69 when the featured games were Home to Southport (april 68 3-3) and Luton (jan 69 0-0).

I fully intend getting in touch with Richard at the website once i can work out how to get DVD onto DVD on my computer, having a few problems working it out!

I've got absolutely loads of stuff i can give him.

What would be nice would be if we could obtain coverage from the tv companies of old footage.

ITV for example sell off clips on their website, there is footage back to about 1970 from memory. But at £100 per clip (which could be just a minute long), i cannot afford to pay that to see some old footage. I can't imagine many people pay that either. You would think they could come to an agreement with the clubs and sell dvd's with it on, i'm sure they would be popular and make some money for them.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 16:44:47 »

And, if you want some real old footage then if this link works! this is Swindon beating Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup in 1929!

I've put this up before so some people may have seen this.

http://www.britishpathe.com/thumbnails.php?id=26561&searchword=swindon&searchword=swindon

This link shows all info on Swindon on british pathe, not sure if there is any other footage about the club.

http://www.britishpathe.com/product_display.php?searchword=swindon
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 18:00:33 »

Quote from: "janaage"

I remember when we beat Gillingham in the PO's at Palace, and there were just as many songs celebrating promotion, as there were anti-HTV/Roger Malone songs.

God, that guy was a total wanker.

Got to say my personal highligh of beating Shitty was won we tanked them 4-0 at Trashton Gate in '91. When Roger was interviewing some Swindon players on the touchline, the Town fans had to be kept back, and all you could hear in the background...'We all sing Roger Malone is a wanker.'  Cheesy

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 22:15:35 »

Sorry.... been away for a couple of days.

To answer some of the questions:
- Flashback for the Fans: I've got the Don Rogers one (cringeworthy watching Don reply with one word answers to Bobbin' Roger's questions), and the 1969 twenty year anniversary one with the whole team.
- Next on the list to go up are.... 1968 Southport (first appearance on MOTD), 69 cup final goals, 1976 Palace (away), 1977 Everton (home), Paul Rideout being sold, 7-0 vs Kettering, Dagenham (!) and 2nd leg of Palace play-off in 89 - these will probably be over the weekend sometime
-  Then I've got a load of videos that need converting to DVD before I can do anything with them, so that's going to take a bit longer.... the Coke Cup run, Man Utd & Spurs in the Prem, Brighton play-offs etc etc

Donkey - would be great to have the "selling Fjortoft" video up there - could you drop me a note on richard@swindon-town-fc.co.uk?   If anyone else has any clips, I'd definitely be interested - especially the Wolves League Cup semi, Danny Invincibile's goal against Peterborough, relegation in 2000, the financial problems last season.... anything really!

Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: