Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cambridge Utd v Swindon Town pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 24548 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #90 on: Friday, April 19, 2019, 14:50:21 »

Knoyle and Doughty our best players this half.
They are, I think Rose has been OK but had a few wayward. Anderson has been our best attacking outlet.

Koiki felled near the touchline.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #91 on: Friday, April 19, 2019, 14:50:56 »

bennett terrible shot.

HT 0-0

Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, April 19, 2019, 14:51:23 »

And the wankest ever free kick to end the half.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, April 19, 2019, 14:52:39 »

Half time.

First 20 minutes I thought we were going to pass them off the pitch, though we didn't create that much.
Then Cambridge were the better team, or at least created the better chances. Very organised.

And although we found our feet again in the last 5, slightly relieved to be 0-0 given McCormicks smart close range save when it looked like the goal was a certainty.

Not really sure that House is the man to lead the line second half. I don't think he's done too badly given its his first ever start. Just don't think its suiting us.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Friday, April 19, 2019, 14:53:56 »

And the wankest ever free kick to end the half.

Which might have been tough on Cambridge given it was taken 3 minutes after the announced 45+1.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman

« Reply #95 on: Friday, April 19, 2019, 14:54:18 »

Not a good game, Town have shaded the football side of things but Cambridge had the best chances.

Feels like an end of season game to me.

House doing OK but I think Robinson offers us a bit more, I would take Woolery off and try 2 up front with House and Robinson being very differnt type of players that could compliment each other.

Anderson looks good when attacking but cant get a decent shot in. Bennett started well but has finished badly.

Could go either way but could just as easily end 0-0.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 19, 2019, 14:58:11 by Peter Venkman » Logged

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Friday, April 19, 2019, 14:56:41 »

Well that was pointless.  This is the type of game Wellens needs to earn his crust.  It's all too slow, partly because Cambridge sit all their team behind the ball and let us have the ball.  It means the forwards have no space like they have had in the past few games to makes neat turns or run into channels or switch play.

House has shown us what we get from Robinson I'm afraid.  It's his first full game, so can't be too harsh I guess but he doesn't look mobile enough and two lumps can easily take care of a stationary target man.

I'd be inclined to sacrifice one of the Anderson, Bennett, Woolery group and get someone into the midfield to release Doughty.  We might not get more space that way, but Doughty has the best pass when there isn't any space and can score from the edge of the box.  Robinson for House to keep the defence a bit more honest as well.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 19, 2019, 14:59:17 by RobertT » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, April 19, 2019, 14:57:13 »

Which might have been tough on Cambridge given it was taken 3 minutes after the announced 45+1.

Something went wrong there - we had two injury breaks of at least 4 mins in total.  I think the wrong number went up.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #98 on: Friday, April 19, 2019, 15:00:10 »

Something went wrong there - we had two injury breaks of at least 4 mins in total.  I think the wrong number went up.
Yeah when Conroy and LMc collided there was at least 3 minute delay then.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Friday, April 19, 2019, 15:02:29 »

Maybe I have low standards but I don’t think it’s a bad game. Have to give Cambridge credit for closing us down very effectively and having pace on the break. Rose and Doughty look composed in the middle, Woolf is the pick of our defenders and Anderson, Knoyle and Woolery are connecting well. House has been ok, but he’s not really testing the defenders by pinging the ball back each time rather than turning goalward. He’s been ok, but I don’t really trust him leading the line yet.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 19, 2019, 15:04:43 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Friday, April 19, 2019, 15:05:21 »

Maybe I have low standards but I don’t think it’s a bad game. Have to give Cambridge credit for closing us down very effectively and having pace on the break. Rose and Doughty look composed in the middle, Woolf is the pick of our defenders and Anderson, Knoyle and Woolery are connecting well. House has been ok, but he’s not really testing the defenders by pinging the ball back each time rather than turning goalward. He’s been on, but I don’t really trust him leading the line yet.

It's on the edge of being an ok game I think.  It's not horrific, and we don't look at see.  We just look a bit lost as to how to adapt.  Doing so will be what turns us into a good team challenging next year because we look to have the ability to control possession in a game, and we look really good when teams open up against us.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #101 on: Friday, April 19, 2019, 15:07:53 »

Town 65% possession 1st half with 6 shots to 4 for them with both sides having 2 on target. 3 corners to Town and 2 for them.

I personally don't think its a very entertaining game, its just a bit dull IMO.

Cambridge are dealing with us where it matters in the box and hitting us on the break with their chances. I do think House was brought down but the ref was too weak to give us a penalty in front of the Cambs fans.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #102 on: Friday, April 19, 2019, 15:11:21 »

Cambridge have a great chance with just LMc to beat and Ibehre fucks up royally and Town clear it.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Friday, April 19, 2019, 15:11:30 »

Good job Ibere, or whatever his name is, is as slow as a snail
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, April 19, 2019, 15:11:45 »

the ref was too weak to give us a penalty in front of the Cambs fans.

Ah yes, the intimidating Garden Shed End.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: