Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: working away  (Read 2190 times)
juddie

Ignore
« on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 22:23:25 »

how many people on here have to go away on business, and if so where do you go and what do you get up to? Do you normally go on your own or are you entertained?
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 22:50:53 »

very rarely and never anywhere interseting or abroad.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 23:01:50 »

I sometimes work in the City. Usually I'll commute but if I'm there more than a couple of days I will stay in a hotel. Unfortunately it's normally on my own if it's a hotel and it's very boring, though I do sometimes meet up with old mates if I can.

Last time I stayed my mates were in the middle of moving so staying with them never happened. Which is a shame because I get a £20 gift allowance per night to claim on expenses. Could have had some fine times with much alcohol.

Other than that I work the odd day or so in random places. I had the 'pleasure' of working in Thrupp t'other week.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 23:02:01 »

I have a couple of times.

My first time I snapped it up because it sounds glamorous to be invited to a meeting away, especially to a different county (Singapore).

After my second trip I quickly learned that I was "Invited" to do so because my boss couldn't be bothered himself.

OK, I have only done it twice but on both ocassions it was a case of once the business was done with them I had no choice but to go back to my hotel and do sweet F.A.

Although without doubt they would have gone out of their way to entertain/impress should I be have been the buyer/potential client.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 23:03:18 »

I also left out the day I worked for a few hours and met up with Fred for beers at Paddington. I almost broke some nice lass' ipod on the train  Cool
sonic youth

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 23:18:41 »

i'll possibly be travelling to places around europe and the middle east.

hopefully.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 00:00:03 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"

hopefully.

Sonic's got a job with MI6!
sonic youth

« Reply #7 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 00:02:05 »

fuck off al fayed
flammableBen

« Reply #8 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 00:05:31 »

That sounds a bit like a proper job Sonic. The sort of job where you could hire me as your personal assistant. Although you might want another one because I'm lazy.

If you don't give me a job then I'll ban you.
neville w

« Reply #9 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 07:49:23 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"

hopefully.

The name's Youth,.........  Sonic Youth,  International Exports

(Hang on, are you called James ?)
flammableBen

« Reply #10 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 08:57:20 »

James is only his forum real name. God knows what his real real name is.

The tinterweb is not enough.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 09:14:56 »

Yeah I've done a fair bit of travelling for work when people were less worried about carbon footprints so I did the US a number of times, Paris, Berlin, Nice, Coburg(?) etc and best of all, and only once - Japan.

It's a different business though for me being a games journalist (although I don't know how things are in football Mr Juddie) as back then we tended to be a in large groups being dragged around bars and restauraunts. Yes I know it sounds great - and it was, but once you get over 30 it does start to be tiring. I can't drink until 2am and then be arsed to play 30 Germans at fucking Secret Death Gold Nazi War Machine II at a LAN party anymore.

Honestly I know this makes me sound like a right cunt but the industry is full of them/us.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 09:44:43 »

In my old job I used to have to go to Stafford all the time and stay int he express by holiday inn just by the motorway - booooo how crap

In events we get invited to stuff every weekend - my colleague goes on everything  - hes even going to Canada next month- I cant be arsed half the time as Im not very good at schmoozing and loads of people in the industry are annoying as hell - did have a good weekend in Manchester last weekend though
McLovin

« Reply #13 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 10:05:07 »

I once went on a course in Egham and Slough. Living the dream...
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 10:33:04 »

I have to go into london regulary but thats about it normall end up drunk in Holbon with clients brilliant.

might have to travel to scotland with the big boss not keen on that as i don't like getting up early or flying so could  be a problem plus i have a rather embrassing childhood habit which i really need to do on a plane or i'll freak out plus i can't sleep without doing it but would ratehr my boss didn't see me do it!!!!!!!! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: