Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Work Vs Swindon  (Read 1363 times)
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 07:41:48 »

I am in a dilemma at the moment with what to do with my job as it constantly interferes with me watching the Town. I am a manager in Stroud of a nationwide retail store that pays peanuts and I seem too always have to work Saturdays. Also to add to the fun my area manager is a shitty fan (COCK). My dilemma comes in the fact that I snapped my crucial ligaments (Same as Owen) playing footy and need an op in December however do I say on at work then claim my sick pay (£13 a day) or tell them to stick there fucking chrismas planograms up their arse cos im off to the townend?

Most of my friends (non football fans) tell me to say on but I wanted the thoughts of my Swindon kin.
red macca

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 07:57:17 »

it sounds like your not happy there anyway,why dont you just carry on taking the sick pay while activly look for a new job.make it clear that you have commitments at the weekend when you apply for jobs so you wont have no problems..

good luck
Piemonte

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 08:25:43 »

What Macca said

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 09:52:48 »

trouble with retail jobs is weekends are usually a must.especially in management roles.
i think a change of career will be required if you want free weekends.
£13 pound a day sick pay is a fucking disgrace.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 10:09:06 »

get your arse into the royal mail. seriously, its the easiest job ever, just ask spuddy (not ralphy, he's always on strike Soapy Tit Wank )

Northern Red

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 11:09:57 »

"If something isn't right in your life, change it"

A simple philosophy given to me by my 25 year old friend suffering from cancer. Similar to live for the moment/seize the day etc.
Don't put up with unhappiness, life's too damn short.

To give you some confidence to do it, I've done it. My wife and I left jobs giving a household income of £44k, sold our house and our car, and went around the world. Its taken about 3 months on returning to find two new jobs (one better than originally) and we're about to restart our lives, and we've never been happier. Its the best thing we ever did.

Live for the moment.  Smiley
(that said I'd claim the sick pay, then ask the boss to bend over and take his job back)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 11:22:59 »

Quote from: "Leggett"
get your arse into the royal mail. seriously, its the easiest job ever, just ask spuddy (not ralphy, he's always on strike Soapy Tit Wank )

I'm never on strike! Your the cunts are always are!
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 11:23:48 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"
"If something isn't right in your life, change it"

A simple philosophy given to me by my 25 year old friend suffering from cancer. Similar to live for the moment/seize the day etc.
Don't put up with unhappiness, life's too damn short.

To give you some confidence to do it, I've done it. My wife and I left jobs giving a household income of £44k, sold our house and our car, and went around the world. Its taken about 3 months on returning to find two new jobs (one better than originally) and we're about to restart our lives, and we've never been happier. Its the best thing we ever did.

Live for the moment.  Smiley
(that said I'd claim the sick pay, then ask the boss to bend over and take his job back)

Totally right mate.  Its like people who moan about jobs etc, if you dont like it get out.  My mrs isnt 100% happy at work and id rather she didnt work than be unhappy.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 12:34:07 »

I'm in retail management too, and as the manager, I do the staff rotas!!
 I only missed 1 home game last season and that was cos of my missus, not work.
 I work my shifts round the games. When I have to work on a match day, I put myself down for an early shift, then fuck off a 10.00am, pop home home and drive to Swindon.
 The only problem is I miss a lot of away games, which are usually much better in terms of atmosphere (Apart from Notts County, which I did go to and which was shit.)
 The problem is there isn't that many Mon-Fri jobs that I could do, which would pay as well as the one I've got now.
 If you can't wangle your rotas, You'll have to decide what's important: Swindon, or your career.

It's All Good..............
red macca

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 14:20:28 »

Quote from: "herthab"
I'm in retail management too, and as the manager, I do the staff rotas!!
 I only missed 1 home game last season and that was cos of my missus, not work.
 I work my shifts round the games. When I have to work on a match day, I put myself down for an early shift, then fuck off a 10.00am, pop home home and drive to Swindon.
 The only problem is I miss a lot of away games, which are usually much better in terms of atmosphere (Apart from Notts County, which I did go to and which was shit.)
 The problem is there isn't that many Mon-Fri jobs that I could do, which would pay as well as the one I've got now.
 If you can't wangle your rotas, You'll have to decide what's important: Swindon, or your career.
well offer him a job then
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 14:40:03 »

Quote from: red macca

Then he'd still have to work matchdays, cos I'll be going!!! :roll:

It's All Good..............
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 16:49:35 »

Well im defo thinking my life needs a few changes at the moment and Savers is a shit company to work for so bye bye to annoying customer’s hello division 2 football!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: