Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Coventry Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 34739 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 19:10:24 »

Was that Fleck?  Yeah seemed to be nothing but Thompson was immediately calling for a stretcher.  Didnt seem to catch him him winning the ball in the air cleanly.

Navorro had to go for the ball and seemed to get a most of the body of the defender following through on him.  Seemed serious straight away as he was on the floor waving his hand.

Never knowingly overstated.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 19:11:49 »

Out of all that Saxons was the most accurate for me. And like Herthab said didn't hear much from their fans after we got our first goal. They were better than Colchester and Orient and closed us down pretty much throughout. Biggest bunch of play actors I have seen for a while and no wonder no one took a lot of notice when Their player was initially knocked out. Came home happy with a point.
red socks

« Reply #197 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 19:28:13 »

Frankly there has been some shit on here today.  Outplayed is one comment and another one I saw way back says the ref went easy on us.  As I was actually there let me give you my two penneth.

We didnt deserve to go in at 2 nil down.  We did hit the post an bought out good saves from there keeper.

They had 2 chances and scored them both.  Im sure PDC is concerned about the set piece defending as it was shit.

The referee lost it in the first half.  He allowed players from both sides to make robust challenges in the air.  Benson was subject to several which went unpunished.  There weren't really any hard challenges on the ground, just little hack and trips.  Nothing serious.

The second half was pretty moribund until the last 20 when PDC's tactical nous came into play.  we had the game at that point and did really well to come back.  Would have won the game if their keeper hadn't been on form.  

The ref continued being shit.  The incident where Flint had a little bit of afters with mcgoldrick who then kicked out pathetically catching Flint was either 2 red for violent conduct off the ball or nothing.  How it was a yellow to Flint and a yellow to a random Coventry player who was not involved would have been laughable if I hadnt been desperately trying not to shout CUUUUUUNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! in front of my kids.

After this the Cov players decided to dive to the floor as often as possible.  This culminated a large amount of the crowd booing and slow hand clapping when which ever of their players was actually injured.

Ive seen comments saying the ref let us off.  Lets look at our 5 yellow cards.

Mcceveley - silly trip.  Nothing malicious.
Thompson - again a bit of a trip.  Nowt malicious.
Roberts - Another silly trip after losing the ball, not a hack, just a little trip.
Collins - Taking his shirt off.
Flint - Yellow carded for getting kicked.  Bizzare.

Also we should have had a pen in the first half when Benson was through in the box.

We played well.  Good football against a committed team under new management.  Some times a little to much in the way of long balls but also a lot of good football.

Crowd was allright from our side, quite noisy from them.  But then again we outsang shrewsbury when we went there.  Away fans tend to be louder.

More possesion, more attempts at goals, just wouldn't go in.

Anyway, I noticed a lot of police around.  Seemed to be some naughtiness after the match.  Anyone see owt goin on.

Saw some trouble driving out of ground towards queens drive, looked like stones etc being thrown, one bloke bleeding pretty badly from head, old bill were on their way, all a bit pathetic, hope the injured bloke was one of the instigators and not an innocent passerby
Flashheart

« Reply #198 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 19:54:11 »

From what i can gather from commentary and comments from fans from both sides, some of our fans (including some that I like) are acting like spoilt brats.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 20:04:03 by Flashheart » Logged
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 20:04:26 »

We're Coventry repeatedly singing a Leeds song today or do Leeds sing a Coventry song, maybe they just share it?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 20:12:39 »

Good game I thought, Took my 8 year old nephew over from NZ, we have a new fan he loved it.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 20:27:19 »

Been out all day.  Sounds like a point gained!

So whats the concensus on PDC's latest rant?  Anyone getting a bit fucked off with it or just me?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 20:31:32 »

We're Coventry repeatedly singing a Leeds song today or do Leeds sing a Coventry song, maybe they just share it?

Don't know who came up with it first...

Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 20:31:56 »

To be honest I would prefer if he leaves the politics to the board, didn't agree with him gesturing to the executive area today and can't imagine Wray and co were overjoyed by it.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 20:32:19 »

Been out all day.  Sounds like a point gained!

So whats the concensus on PDC's latest rant?  Anyone getting a bit fucked off with it or just me?
It's not just you.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 20:53:42 »

To be honest I would prefer if he leaves the politics to the board, didn't agree with him gesturing to the executive area today and can't imagine Wray and co were overjoyed by it.

Yes, what was that all about?  I thought it was in that direction, but wasn't sure if it was at the Coventry fans.

From what i can gather from commentary and comments from fans from both sides, some of our fans (including some that I like) are acting like spoilt brats.

Some odd comments today and I'm surprised people left at half time.  I personally thought we had far more of the play in the first half and had we been more clinical it could have been a very different scoreline at half time.  We got undone by two set pieces which were basically the only chances Coventry had in the first half.

I can only assume those that thought we were awful weren't at the Leyton Orient or Colchester games?

Also, when Ritchie was taken off and replaced by Navarro, I thought it was a ridiculous sub and we didn't seem to have a plan b when losing (I posted to that effect at the time).  I'm happy to admit that I was completely wrong and it was a very shrewd move by Di Canio.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 20:56:52 by joteddyred » Logged
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 20:59:49 »

Yes, what was that all about?  I thought it was in that direction, but wasn't sure if it was at the Coventry fans.

Some odd comments today and I'm surprised people left at half time.  I personally thought we had far more of the play in the first half and had we been more clinical it could have been a very different scoreline at half time.  We got undone by two set pieces which were basically the only chances Coventry had in the first half.

I can only assume those that thought we were awful weren't at the Leyton Orient or Colchester games?
They asked him on Wilts radio post game about the gesturing but didn't catch his reply, anyone hear it? Didn't realise people were leaving at half time, bit premature. Even in the 1st half we looked dangerous on the attack especially from the left flank.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 21:04:59 »

They are a cheerful bunch......

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/21881-Trouble-in-Swindon
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 21:14:16 »

Bit unsporting from them, their victory was in the bag though wasn't it  Smug Fuck Off
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 21:18:41 »

The town fan has been quite gentle with them

Must feel like a defeat for them  Smug Fuck Off Smug Fuck Off
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: