Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bantams view on Doyle situation  (Read 120055 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 20:26:29 »

His contract was signed from Preston in League One after a reputed 200k fee was paid.  It's not unreasonable for him to be on well above par wages for a L2 player.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 20:33:40 »

can anyone provide some context for me?

£5k and even £3.5k a week a league 2 level seems crazy to me. id only want to pay it to secure an investment for a young player of real top quality where we could recoup in the future with a transfer fee.

Or is this the going rate and normal? not sure what our average wage is but this seems like it would be the highest?
3.5k -5k a week sounds a bargain to me,  7k a week seems to be the amount banded about,  either way seems a bargain to me considering the goal to game ratio.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 20:51:50 »

3.5k -5k a week sounds a bargain to me,  7k a week seems to be the amount banded about,  either way seems a bargain to me considering the goal to game ratio.

only if you understand that this ratio wont be sustainable across the potential length of his contract. this is a record breaking run.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 21:10:26 »

It’s what you pay for a striker if you are a League 1 club looking to get promoted. Which Bradford were 16 months ago.

Adam Rooney probably on similar. Surely no one else in the league is close? Most of the best players in the league will be on around £2k-£2.5k ?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 01:06:36 »

I still think there is something in the loan agreement that makes it hard for Bradford to recall him, something like a recall fee or an option for us to buy. A scenario where he scored goals and Bradford want him back was always possible but one thing Power isn’t is an idiot and we’ve seen in the past he can be very sneaky with deals like the Gladwin and Luongo sale.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 01:09:41 by theakston2k » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #335 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 01:12:59 »

Somebody has mentioned this before. I think it was Tails? and he's not known for spreading shite.

It would explain a lot of the secrecy over the situation.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 04:14:24 »

can anyone provide some context for me?

£5k and even £3.5k a week a league 2 level seems crazy to me. id only want to pay it to secure an investment for a young player of real top quality where we could recoup in the future with a transfer fee.

Or is this the going rate and normal? not sure what our average wage is but this seems like it would be the highest?
Remember pre season when Wellens was desperate to offload Toums/NcGlashan and, at the time, Anderson. He reckoned those 3 were taking up 25% of his total playing budget. Assuming that budget was £2m - not unreasonable - those 3 were on £500,000 between them. That’s over £3k a week each. For a club looking for promotion those kind of figures are the going rate.

Mansfield, for example, pay more. We were interested in Maynard - he’s on £5k a week there.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 08:44:05 »

One thing, if Doyle was going back Plymouth would have been his last game and you would have thought there would have been some sort of acknowledgement or goodbye from him. His intentions are to stay and at the end of the day if a player wants to leave he will, and Bradford must know that,
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 09:11:00 »

Towell at Salford is on a reported £10k a week.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 09:14:56 »

Towell at Salford is on a reported £10k a week.
Salford are a complete anomaly...that's one word for them any way...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 09:16:37 »

The last thing players, agents and clubs want or need is for private and confidential contracts to become common or public knowledge. All these figures being bandied about are nothing more than speculation. Sure there maybe anecdotal background substance which is xxxx hand and twice removed. Unless you have written evidence it all means zip.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 09:54:11 »

One thing, if Doyle was going back Plymouth would have been his last game and you would have thought there would have been some sort of acknowledgement or goodbye from him. His intentions are to stay and at the end of the day if a player wants to leave he will, and Bradford must know that,
This, showed absolutely no signs that he'd played his last game for us, in fact if anything the clapping and waving told me exactly the opposite.   2-0 to us today,  and confirmation of Pele signing next week.  Happy Days.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 12:38:19 »

I suspect that I am not alone in saying that I will be glad to finally see the back of the endless (and, dare I say, ill informed) speculation on this topic.

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #343 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 12:39:35 »

I see Mr Doyle is not going to the game today and having some family time.

A good decision as cheering goals for either team would be in bad taste TBH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 12:47:46 »

I see Mr Doyle is not going to the game today and having some family time.

A good decision as cheering goals for either team would be in bad taste TBH.

On the subject of cheering other than the two current Doyle anthems I’m wondering if there will be any goading/inflammatory songs dished out today?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: