Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 50091 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 12:02:50 »

Would Caddis come into the side ahead of Thompson? I don't think he would be dropped.

With a 4-2-3-1 formation, that doesn't leave anywhere for Caddis.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 12:04:07 »

Where have you read that Benson, Rooney or Navarro want out of the club. i'll give you Caddis but it looks to me as though you are making the same assumptions on possibly less evidence than those of the naysayers you like to point out the lack of evidence to.
I never mentioned Navarro!!
Dozno9

« Reply #242 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 12:49:13 »

Some of their fans are extremely confident that they will beat us it would appear.

http://torquayfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6095&sid=265989a2829a5b686dd75cf776c6345e

I know it's off topic but this is my favourite clip of Swindon v Torquay:

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 13:25:29 »

Would Caddis come into the side ahead of Thompson? I don't think he would be dropped.

With a 4-2-3-1 formation, that doesn't leave anywhere for Caddis.
I'm sure most would rather see Thompson in the team anyway.

Rooney is an interesting one as he was at least involved with the squad and made the odd appearance under KMac which suggested he may have had a future whereas Benson was frozen out way before the shit hit the fan last January.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 13:47:38 »

In a straight question of 'which player is better' then the answer is Caddis. So I think it comes down to whether you think the best player or the most committed player should start. I'm not sure I can answer that.

Either way both could play as Caddis is miles better than Byrne, though McCevely may have more of a shout at left back.

I don't think Benson would be a contended to play every minute of every game either, but he offers something different and would be bloody useful to have on the bench. I think he'd work well with Williams or Storey up top whenever the need arose to chase the game.

Its all academic, wrongly or wrongly Caddis and the other three are out.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 13:49:56 by Batch » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 13:49:11 »

Thompson at right back. Caddis at right wing, easy.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 13:56:46 »

Definately in a 4-4-2, in the current formation I'm not sure as I won't have see the new boys until and formation until Saturday.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 13:57:21 »

In a straight question of 'which player is better' then the answer is Caddis. So I think it comes down to whether you think the best player or the most committed player should start. I'm not sure I can answer that.
How about would you rather continue to blood a promising youngster who has shown nothing but commitment to the club and has shown to be more than merely capable or would you rather get your monies worth out of a player who has made no secret of wishing to move on but hasn't let us down on the pitch?

It's not an easy one by any means but I'd rather continue to give Thompson a chance
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #248 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 14:34:06 »

Rooney is an interesting one as he was at least involved with the squad and made the odd appearance under KMac which suggested he may have had a future whereas Benson was frozen out way before the shit hit the fan last January.
Rooney has spent this week training with Crawley, but they have said they will not be making an offer at the moment.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 15:18:09 »

How about would you rather continue to blood a promising youngster who has shown nothing but commitment to the club and has shown to be more than merely capable or would you rather get your monies worth out of a player who has made no secret of wishing to move on but hasn't let us down on the pitch?

It's not an easy one by any means but I'd rather continue to give Thompson a chance

Yes I think I agree, but if Caddis does want out I'd still have him and Benson in the squad at the very least.

It would be a lot easier to forget all this had Jed not given his complete bullshit "not suited to the style of play" remarks and said "can't afford to play them", assuming that is the case.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 15:27:17 »

Yes I think I agree, but if Caddis does want out I'd still have him and Benson in the squad at the very least.

It would be a lot easier to forget all this had Jed not given his complete bullshit "not suited to the style of play" remarks and said "can't afford to play them", assuming that is the case.
The fact Benson hasn't even appeared as a sub since November last year makes me think there's something other than finances involved unless making his 40th appearance triggers some kind of payment.

Even saying that he's surplus to requirements would be more believable than that excuse...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 15:47:18 »

The fact Benson hasn't even appeared as a sub since November last year makes me think there's something other than finances involved unless making his 40th appearance triggers some kind of payment.

With only weak circumstantial evidence to hand I'd say initially he initially pissed off Di Canio over the Caddis situation and became part of the bomb squad.

But that's been and long since gone, I can only think its for financial reasons now.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 18:53:29 »

I think this was the aspect that annoyed me most about the interview. We all know why they aren't being played, but McCrory had no issue at all lying about it - an insult to the intelligence of the fans and the ability of the players.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 20:42:16 »

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 21:12:09 »

... _ _ _ ...
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: