Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fitton Speaks - dreaded vote of confidence?  (Read 9746 times)
Weasel

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 08:07:46 »

... i don't think so.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/display.var.2455098.0.fitton_looks_for_longterm_county_ground_success.php

At least he's telling the boo-boys to shut up. What good it will do, i don't know.
flammableBen

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 08:13:01 »

ANDREW Fitton insists there will be no knee-jerk reaction to Town's fourth successive home defeat, claiming "nothing has changed" in his bid to bring stability and success to the County Ground.

Millwall became the latest League One side to plunder three points in Wiltshire on Sunday, as some sections of the crowd vented their frustration towards the Town management.

Cries of you don't know what you're doing' accompanied Maurice Malpas, pictured left, down the tunnel after the final whistle, but Fitton insists his judgement will not be swayed by any taunts from the terraces.

The Swindon chairman has instead urged all supporters to keep the faith as he looks to turn his blueprint for a Championship football club into a reality.

Fitton, pictured right, told the Advertiser: "First of all, when you support a club all your life you know it doesn't help the team by booing, and that's absolutely true.

"Secondly, I do take notice of what the fans are saying and thinking but they have to trust that the people who are running their club know what they are doing.
advertisement

"We have not quite got it right on the pitch so far, but people need to accept that we won't get everything right all at once.

"Any negativity is not going to inform my opinions or change my mind.

"We are executing a long term plan to bring stability and success to Swindon Town, to make it a club we can all be proud of, and on that front nothing has changed."

While results at the County Ground have been a cause for concern, the Robins' five-point return on the road is ample proof of the squad's playing ability.

Captain Hasney Aljofree yesterday admitted Town's players were scared to play at home, as they are worried about letting the fans down.

Fitton is keen to see the players' confidence restored as soon as possible, and insists he will not sacrifice his long term ambitions for short term change.

"We passionately believe in what we are doing," he said.

"I want the fans to know that we do talk about and analyse the issues all the time.

"Individually and as a group, we have regular meetings to discuss how to make progress. Nobody just sits here thinking it will all come right.

He added: "I am convinced we have taken all the right steps and in due course things will become clearer that we are going in the right direction.

"I am in this for the long haul to create a football club that we can all be proud of, and that's what I'm trying to achieve."

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 08:13:22 »

Each time Fitton speaks, I like him a little more.  We're in a sticky patch, for sure - but I share his confidence that it will come good in the end.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 08:26:53 »

Good comments - but i dont think things will improve under Mo.......i hope i am wrong.

Clems Army!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 08:51:37 »

I wish people would stop linking to thisis because I always stupidly read the comments.

In Fittion I trust, if he thinks Malpas is the right man then so be it. I'll support his decision.

Of course the thisis comments are all along the lines of 'Malpas Out' our away form shows the team can play well, compete and grind out results.
flammableBen

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 08:56:51 »

I wish people would stop linking to thisis because I always stupidly read the comments.

In Fittion I trust, if he thinks Malpas is the right man then so be it. I'll support his decision.

Of course the thisis comments are all along the lines of 'Malpas Out' our away form shows the team can play well, compete and grind out results.

That's why I quoted the article you crusty gash
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 08:58:39 »

ah, but yours is the second post. I read the first post....clicked the link then reard your post afterwards having already read the adver comments.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 09:01:12 »

Good piece. Robins69 seems quite, erm, issue-laden
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 09:02:04 »

Tomorrow's adver should have Hasney holding up a  "**** off you Bopards" sign, then he should launch into a vicious attack on Town's support.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 09:04:57 »

Tomorrow's adver should have Hasney holding up a  "**** off you Bopards" sign, then he should launch into a vicious attack on Town's support.
The time for metaphors is over - it's time Hasney unleashed his inner Cantona and started directly punishing any transgression against his immense standing in world football.
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 09:10:33 »

Sorry! Not only did i clearly force you to read the comments, but i am indirectly at fault for you getting called a crusty gash as well.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 09:18:25 »

Good piece. Robins69 seems quite, erm, issue-laden

by issue-laden you mean complete and utter fucking twat, yes?

he is clearly bob holt...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 09:18:25 »

I particularly liked Robin69's story about what his son imagined he might say (but wouldn't really) if/when Malpas visited his school classroom.  What fine japes!  He'll be dining out on that one for years to come, I would imagine.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 09:24:20 »

Wowzer Bowzers... You know when thisis is angry when they write essays in boxes for small comments.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 09:42:10 »

Robin69 sure knows how to teach children good moral's,what get's me he think's it so great he's told everyone that malpas is no good..I told you so blah blah.

Back to the statement i cant make out if thats a vote of confidence or not,this time he's mentioned about the board discussing things' last time it was more of shut up and get behind the team kinda of thing.Unless he was a bit more diplomatic this time around so he did't rile the fans. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: