Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town -v- Gillingham FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35324 times)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 10:53:58 »

Beers Bit of a late one at work last night, only found out the score by reading through this lot from the start. Get in Town and roll on Saturday. Play offs um Pint
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 10:56:26 »

Beers Bit of a late one at work last night, only found out the score by reading through this lot from the start. Get in Town and roll on Saturday. Play offs um Pint

I often do that as well, rather than going to get the score straight away from somewhere else.
lambourn red

« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 10:59:17 »

Have it on good authority that McCormack is going to be fit for Saturday just a slight knock to the knee last night when making his unbelievable block on the line , that was as good as scoring a goal the other end.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 11:04:43 »

Oooo arrr Alan Mac, say ooo arrr Alan Mac.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 11:24:04 »

I bet Gills fans felt as bad as i did when i left Bmuff last season.

They did deserve something and last season we would of lost 3 or 4 nil.

I have seen some corkers in my years following the town but Ritchies was up there...he was as good last night as he was poor at Plymouth.

Roll on Bradford..

Clems Army!
limpwrist

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 11:26:07 »

Have it on good authority that McCormack is going to be fit for Saturday just a slight knock to the knee last night when making his unbelievable block on the line , that was as good as scoring a goal the other end.
Couldn't agree more. McCormack took one for the team and at 0 0 a very brave and very important block.  I'll admit I didn't see much in him when he first arrived but lately, well, he's a giant of a player.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 11:30:27 »

Roll on Bradford..

The last time we played Bradford at the CG...was 05/06 we got beat 3-2. Bradford's goals were scored by Windass and Claridge  Sad

Their 3 rd was scored after Christiano Roberto came on as a sub, went on a mazy dribble towards our goal, seemed to realise what he had done, gave the ball away and Claridge stuck it in.  At the time I remember thinking if I didn't know better I'd say he was pissed  Doh
bigal1946

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 12:42:22 »

Conceded the difference between the two teams was all about finishing

http://tinyurl.com/659rvs5

Now looking forward to our next meeting on Saturday 21 April Bye
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 13:02:02 »

That YouTube Clip on Ritchie's strike has been doing the rounds this Morning.

Watched it a few times now and looking forward to seeing again tonight on the local news.

Jonathan Smiths goal was also special and a special mention to McCormack for keeping us in the game.

My eldest lad's first game under floodlights just loved it...........I think he has the bug.

That is him and his little Bruv on page 36 of the programme last night.
Great having the next generation of Supporters.

What a most enjoyable Evening.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 18:14:04 »

Keeping Jervis and Foderingham is a must if it's possible and maybe Ridehalgh but not really worried about Montano,He seems to have talent but from what i've seen but you only see flashes of it now and again and I'm not 100% he's willing to bust a gut and get on the end of things.

I think had connell been on from the start he may of been in the box for some of those balls whipped into the box last night.

I would start Jervis and Connell against the bantams

From what I've seen of Montano, he offers nothing that Connell doesn't.  I'd rather see Connell start than a loanee.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 18:20:56 »

I've read comments on TEF this week wishing for Matt Ritchie to be dropped and the stating Jonathan Smith is rubbish.

I say let's take it one game at a time.

Connell, for example, clearly huffs and puffs. Based on the two appearences I've seen Connell in a Town shirt plus the games I've seen him play elsewhere, he doesn't stop working but rarely looks like scoring. His Rotherham appearance was great fun though.

We're winning... Let's keep it as it is (injuries aside).
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 18:22:46 by Costanza » Logged
Spencer_White

« Reply #236 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 18:32:00 »

Montano wasnt with the program regards his work ethic. Should have been subbed earlier. De Vita also had a poor game, seemed to spend far too much time in field out of position. Dont know if Di Canio's praise from the Plymouth game has gone to his head a bit?

That first half was as good a standard of football that you will get in L2. Very fast pace, with loads of 1 touch passes from both teams. It was pretty equal until McCormack went off and then I thought they shaded it. Their midfield looked excellent to me, but their forwards are probably not as good as Gills fans think they are. It was probably the best Ive ever seen Nouble play, but still not that great, and Kuffour is looking a bit past it. If they get some decent strikers and some more composure in front of goal then they should be top 3.

Positives for us, Flint, Ferry, J Smith and Foderingham. Poor noise from our crowd, we got outsung by 400 Gills fans, which is dire. Our fans were also getting on players backs at 0-0, which was stupid considering Jills were clearly the best team weve played in the league so far at the CG.

Great to see people drawing comparisons to Ritchie's goal with Hoddle's against Sunderland. Top class that only top players can produce. I suspect any team comming down will double up on him now and he wont be allowed that much time on that left foot.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 18:40:50 »

De Vita was shocking yesterday, but he has been good the last few games I've seen him.

Simon Ferry bossed the midfield for 35 minutes.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 21:33:43 »

I've read comments on TEF this week wishing for Matt Ritchie to be dropped and the stating Jonathan Smith is rubbish.

I can only presume that these are coming from armchair "fans" with few functioning braincells.

Ritchie hasn't been at his best for a few games but I think he has been just about our best player over the season so far; he's always going to be a bit up and down but he has the quality to win matches which is rare at this level.  Also, any team doing a bit of homework mark him out as the dangerman, freeing space for others.

I think Smith is the most improved since the start of the season.  At first I thought he'd be no more than a back-up player but now I'd want him in every week.  I thought he was one of our best players at Plymouth.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 21:37:28 »

He had
The last time we played Bradford at the CG...was 05/06 we got beat 3-2. Bradford's goals were scored by Windass and Claridge  Sad

Their 3 rd was scored after Christiano Roberto came on as a sub, went on a mazy dribble towards our goal, seemed to realise what he had done, gave the ball away and Claridge stuck it in.  At the time I remember thinking if I didn't know better I'd say he was pissed  Doh

Can remember us leading Bradford 4-0 at half time with a Quinn hat trick years back.........and then the fog came.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: