Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town -v- Gillingham FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35325 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 08:09:54 »

That is just beautiful
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 08:16:00 »

Cibo was awesome.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Barry Scott

« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 08:34:30 »

I also thought he was very good. No aimless hoofs, competent, calm and controlled. When Ridehalgh goes back, he must be our left back, if not centre half.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 08:43:39 »

Cibo was awesome.

Yep, I was impressed when he played left back the other week (until he got injured) too.

Early days but he looks useful.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 08:45:08 »

Cibo was awesome.

Agree. Some of his interceptions were brilliant, he was reading everything they tried.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 08:48:27 »

He seemed to be a second ahead of everyone else, with his interceptions, positioning, and lone offside-trap playing (that one could go wrong...). A good defensive mind and strong with it.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 09:42:30 »

Have to say I was more impressed with him at centre back than left back, but to be fair he is missing match sharpness.

Not sure he is a free kick taker though. If you want someone to hit a piledriver at the wall just let Flint do it.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #217 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 10:17:38 »

Well that was a fantastic result against what would appear to be a good side in the Jills.

Listening on the radio I couldnt make out if it was a good game or not, and reading back through this thread half the people say it was a good game and we played well and half say we were not very good and rode our luck hugely, I guess it does show that football is often a matter of opinion.

There does appear to be a great team spirit now with all at the club on and off the pitch, I have always had faith in PdC, even after the Saints debacle when a lot of fans were calling for him to go. I think he will become a legend at the CG.

I feel that this could possibly emulate the season under Macari in 85-86, its panning out in a very similar way as that season did way back 25 years ago.....

We started off very poorly only 2 wins and 1 draw in the first 8 games compared to 3 wins and 0 draws in the first 8 games this season.

After 15 games that season we were in 8th place and had won 8, drew 1 and lost 6 games compared to being in 7th place and won 8, drew 1 and lost 6.......coincidence? Smiley

The only difference is that we have scored more and conceded less than that famous season, that season we had scored 18 and let in 19 compared to this season when we have scored 25 and conceded 15 goals at the same stage.

Yes its the ramblings of a deluded old git but it does bear a striking resemblance to that season when we went on and recorded 102 points.

Also that season we scraped out a lot of 1 and 2 goal wins, sometimes against the run of play and rode our luck like at Plymouth at the weekend and there was a great team spirit as we have now and the level of fitness of the team was very high as it is now.

I think it all bodes welll for the future.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 10:26:37 »

I agree to some extent JJ, but a lot of our current success is due to loan signings. If we want to keep it up, then we need to be extending these loans until the end of the season.
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 10:29:54 »

When I saw the attendance last night, I've got to say that's one hell of a turn up for a Tuesday night!!

Roll on the Bantams on Saturday. Should be another good crowd
Peter Venkman

« Reply #220 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 10:36:03 »

I agree to some extent JJ, but a lot of our current success is due to loan signings. If we want to keep it up, then we need to be extending these loans until the end of the season.

I think we badly need to keep Foderingham, Jervis shows bags of promise and scored a couple of good goals so could do with keeping him, Montano was poor at Plymouth but obviously has potential, Ridehalgh the jury is out on but does seem to offer more defensively than Kennedy but has pretty poor distribution and Abdulla seems to have something about him, I know we can extend the loans to full season ones, but only 4 of them and one of those is Abdulla so its 3 from the other 4....if PdC rates them worthy of longer loan deals and if their clubs want them to stay.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 10:38:56 »

Well that was a fantastic result against what would appear to be a good side in the Jills.

Listening on the radio I couldnt make out if it was a good game or not, and reading back through this thread half the people say it was a good game and we played well and half say we were not very good and rode our luck hugely, I guess it does show that football is often a matter of opinion.

There does appear to be a great team spirit now with all at the club on and off the pitch, I have always had faith in PdC, even after the Saints debacle when a lot of fans were calling for him to go. I think he will become a legend at the CG.

I feel that this could possibly emulate the season under Macari in 85-86, its panning out in a very similar way as that season did way back 25 years ago.....

We started off very poorly only 2 wins and 1 draw in the first 8 games compared to 3 wins and 0 draws in the first 8 games this season.

After 15 games that season we were in 8th place and had won 8, drew 1 and lost 6 games compared to being in 7th place and won 8, drew 1 and lost 6.......coincidence? Smiley

The only difference is that we have scored more and conceded less than that famous season, that season we had scored 18 and let in 19 compared to this season when we have scored 25 and conceded 15 goals at the same stage.

Yes its the ramblings of a deluded old git but it does bear a striking resemblance to that season when we went on and recorded 102 points.

Also that season we scraped out a lot of 1 and 2 goal wins, sometimes against the run of play and rode our luck like at Plymouth at the weekend and there was a great team spirit as we have now and the level of fitness of the team was very high as it is now.

I think it all bodes welll for the future.

It's interesting to compare this season to our last in Div 4.....then after a flying start we were 3rd with 31 points, behind leaders Walsall and Lincoln.  Wise and Poyet were just about to walk.  However despite the lack of continuity, we managed to scrape 3rd.

HPool under Wilson were back on 18 points, yet took 2nd.

Poor old Lincoln now look like heading to Conference North.   All of which shows, although some things will stay the same between now and the end of the season, a lot will change.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 10:45:35 »

I think we badly need to keep Foderingham, Jervis shows bags of promise and scored a couple of good goals so could do with keeping him, Montano was poor at Plymouth but obviously has potential, Ridehalgh the jury is out on but does seem to offer more defensively than Kennedy but has pretty poor distribution and Abdulla seems to have something about him, I know we can extend the loans to full season ones, but only 4 of them and one of those is Abdulla so its 3 from the other 4....if PdC rates them worthy of longer loan deals and if their clubs want them to stay.

PDC may well come to regret making Abdulla a season long loan, he wont be breaking up the Smith/Ferry partnership for a while it seems.

Foderingham would be a no-brainer if opportunity to keep him for longer arises.

I would also tie down Ridehalgh for longer as well, stronger defensively and is no mug going forward either.  Put in a few nice balls into the box last night.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 10:48:00 »

Keeping Jervis and Foderingham is a must if it's possible and maybe Ridehalgh but not really worried about Montano,He seems to have talent but from what i've seen but you only see flashes of it now and again and I'm not 100% he's willing to bust a gut and get on the end of things.

I think had connell been on from the start he may of been in the box for some of those balls whipped into the box last night.

I would start Jervis and Connell against the bantams
Peter Venkman

« Reply #224 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 10:48:06 »

Poor old Lincoln now look like heading to Conference North.   All of which shows, although some things will stay the same between now and the end of the season, a lot will change.

I think they are deep in the shit after appointing David Holdsworth as manager, sounds like desperation to me.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: