Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town -v- Gillingham FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35352 times)
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 11:48:28 »

Bogus Dave is a cunt.  

This thread to close with SuggWillSugg opening another.  Prediction for that thread would be 2-1 with Jervis and Kerrouche on the scoresheet.

Prediction for this one is 1-2 with pitchforks being sharpened for the lynching of Bogus Dave.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 11:49:58 »

Fucks sake who started this crazy notion of the person who starts the thread is key to the outcome of the game.  This is genuinely playing on my mind now...

There's no reason why we shouldn't win having won the last two away games, and three wins on the trot would get me very excited about our promotion prospects.  A defeat would put us potentially 12 points behind league leaders Crawley which would also be a devastating blow at this stage.

I fancy us to win as confidence should be high and there'll be an emotional will to win from Paolo tonight.  Things are seemingly starting to click and the consistency is coming together.  I see the fact we supposedly were a bit crap on Saturday but still won as a positive.  Tonight we can kick on, get the performance to match the result and hammer them 4-0 with anonymous unknown loanees getting three and Flint grabbing the first crucial goal.

Besides, the Pikeys are shit away from home.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 11:54:09 »

Fucks sake who started this crazy notion of the person who starts the thread is key to the outcome of the game.  This is genuinely playing on my mind now...

I don't think people are genuinely this superstitious, just playing along for fun.
Peacocks-Lucky-Coat

Dishonest Abe

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 11:56:49 »

2-1 win. Ritchie and jervis. Gills score late and pile on the pressure but we hold on.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 11:58:43 »

I don't think people are genuinely this superstitious, just playing along for fun.

Well it's made me genuinely superstitious!  Maybe reading all those dirty jokes has given a warped sense of reality....
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 12:39:56 »

Going to win 8-7, All the Goals/Own goals by Kuffour.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 12:45:21 »

Fucks sake who started this crazy notion of the person who starts the thread is key to the outcome of the game.  This is genuinely playing on my mind now...

There's no reason why we shouldn't win having won the last two away games, and three wins on the trot would get me very excited about our promotion prospects.  A defeat would put us potentially 12 points behind league leaders Crawley which would also be a devastating blow at this stage.

I fancy us to win as confidence should be high and there'll be an emotional will to win from Paolo tonight.  Things are seemingly starting to click and the consistency is coming together.  I see the fact we supposedly were a bit crap on Saturday but still won as a positive.  Tonight we can kick on, get the performance to match the result and hammer them 4-0 with anonymous unknown loanees getting three and Flint grabbing the first crucial goal.

Besides, the Pikeys are shit away from home.
Their away record isn't actually all that bad, although they do concede a lot

P7    W3    D1    L3    F16    A13    
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 12:54:15 »

11 of those 16 came in two games against Hereford and Torquay, which skews it massively. Other than those 2 games they've score 1 per game.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 12:56:22 »

Hereford only scored 4 all season until they played us. I'm not worried about the stats as they are meaningless.
Dozno9

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 13:02:42 »

Not wishing to add to that but last time Bogus Dave started a matchday thread was 15th January 2011. Swindon vs Yeovil......we lost 0-1.

Just saying.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 13:08:18 »

Hereford only scored 4 all season until they played us. I'm not worried about the stats as they are meaningless.
To some extent, yes. But if they said Gills had won all their home games and lost all their away games then you'd say they were quite meaningful. The fact that they've won 3 away games so far this year serves (imo) as an indicator that they're no pushovers away from home (or as much as a bunch of caravan-dwelling pikeys ever can be away from home...)
limpwrist

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 14:03:10 »

Forget the stats. If it keeps raining like this! There will be no game at all.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 14:26:10 »

I had this same thought 20 minutes ago.  Fortunately the suns out now.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 15:03:10 »

Na, it's not that bad here. At worst, they won't need to water the pitch robinettes before the game.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 15:32:04 »

I reckon we might even have a half decent midweek crowd for this one - nervous, but looking forward to it. Wouldn’t be a proper Town game without new signings to view – today, it's Montano and Foderingham. COME ON YOU REDS
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: