Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: U.S Open Final  (Read 10681 times)
SirWinston

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 01:09:00 »

Fabulous stuff.  I popped back into work to do a few hours.  Put the radio on at the beginning of the match as I booted my PC up and couldn't leave!!  Must be time to go now.  Back in at 8am.

Well done Andy.  Amazing match.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 06:49:37 »

SPOTY is going to be interesting now. Any other year and Murray would be a shoe in for it. This year, with so many sporting heroes, who knows.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
nochee

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 08:46:32 »

So, Andy Murray is a Brutish champion today rather than a Scottish cunt.

I'm sure he'll be very proud

Well done Andy Murray
Flashheart

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 08:55:49 »

I'm part Scot's so I get the best of both worlds.

Murray iz da man.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 09:27:14 »

Fair play to him, I thought he had blown his chance after being two sets up so to come back & win in five was excellent.

Hopefully after getting the Grand Slam monkey off his back he can win a few more, but even if he doesn't he has won one.

He may be Scottish, but that's much better than being a scummer like Henman Wink
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 10:23:28 »

Well done Andy Murray. Hopefully now go on to win more finals. I bet he will be grinning from ear to ear this morning.  No
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 10:26:06 »

What a match, had everything, Murray showed what he is capable of and I won't be surprised if he goes on and wins a few more Grand Slams next year. Brilliant performance from Djokovic aswell!

I've got tickets to go and see a few matches at the ATP Tour Finals at the 02 in November.. seriously cannot wait!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 10:52:28 »

the amount of times i've seen Djok 2 sets down and then wins 3 on the bouce, i did not expect Andy to win the 5. But fair play.

Shows Olympic gold was not a fluke and is up there with Nadal/Fed and/Djok
DRS

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 12:16:47 »

Seen elsewhere that rudeski won the spoty awards after getting beat in the usa final.Mad to think Murray has won gold and now this and probably wont even make the shortlist. Was pleased for him tbh he gets alot of unfair stick imo
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 12:21:35 »

I'd have thought he'll make the shortlist. Probably won't win it though

Things get better but they never get good
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 12:22:39 »

Seen elsewhere that rudeski won the spoty awards after getting beat in the usa final.Mad to think Murray has won gold and now this and probably wont even make the shortlist. Was pleased for him tbh he gets alot of unfair stick imo

I reckon Murray will make the short list given that he's a Wimbledon finalist, Olympic medal winner and grand slam winner all in one year. Whether he wins is another matter, my money would be on Bradley

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 12:27:35 »

It'll be a hell of a shortlist this year, Ennis, Farah, Wiggins, Murray, Weir, Rutherford, Nicola Adams, Hoy & a whole bunch of others much more deserving than the last few winners have been (I'm looking at you, Giggs and Philips)
DRS

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 12:28:14 »

Sorry  i meant the top 3
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 12:58:00 »

I have a feeling that the shortlist will include one, if not two, Paralympians. They could avoid this by nominating the Paralympians as 'Team of the Year', but the BBC Equality department might have some say in the matter.

Wiggins, Farah and Murray would be my top 3,  based on achievements, and not necessarily in that order. Amazing that we've also got Hoy,Ennis,(Laura)Trott,(Rory)McIlroy. There are probably half a dozen others as well who could win in a 'normal' year.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 13:03:47 »

Between Wiggins and Murray for me, but there are so many to choose from this year it is anyones guess, really. Wiggins has done something that no Brit has ever done before, and Murray has done something no Brit has managed for a long time. Olympic gold medals are ten a penny (this year at least).

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: