Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leeds tickets  (Read 2353 times)
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 15:32:21 »

Redbuck maybe since football and discussing it is unimportant then maybe this isn't the forum for you?

I mean there's no denying the fact this is a massive game for us. What's wrong with discussing our support?
Spencer_White

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 17:27:47 »

There is a big cost involved going to Leeds, not only do you have the price of £20+ for a match ticket you have the fuel costs which isn't cheap and the distance as well, plus there are plenty of people out there that have to choose which games to go to due to affordability so may choose games closer as it won't cost so much.

And then there is easier bank holiday weekend where a lot of people do things as a family and do not find it as easy convincing the other half that they should be going to the game and not really seeing them until the following day.

To put it down to those on banning orders or on bail is just wrong, there is a reason these people are on banning orders or on bail  - they have done something wrong and are deemed unfit to attend a football match and likely to have been in trouble at football, so I for one am glad that they are not at games, perhaps keep them more trouble free.

When I have been to away games this season and last they have always been well attended.

The cost of match tickets does seem to be stagnating a bit at last, because fans of third tier clubs wont pay much over the £20 barrier, if at all. It was probably the same match price for the Sturrock game 3 years ago.

Regarding the banning orders, in my experience away games at Swindon have been the same old faces the same old places mostly over the last 10 years. Obviously a lot of people agree with football banning order, but they are a form of social engineering that has helped change the face of football fans in this country. If they are on bail then they havnt actually been convicted of any wrongdoing. The lads who were rounded up for the Cardiff pre season aggro still have had their trial put back and back. Its not like its even a complicated case.

When you say 'they have always been well attended' that doesnt really mean anything does it? Weve had a decent attendance at Southampton, and a unbelievable (freak) one at Fulham. But apart from that, they have been well dissapointing in comparison to the last time we reached this level in the football league pyramid.

Anyone know if we did finally sell out today?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: