Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Red Macca, what did you think of the Town end?  (Read 2155 times)
Spencer_White

« on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 16:36:59 »

It was decent last night, probably the best Iv seen it since beating Hull 4-2, 18 months ago. Seen it a lot better mind, Jan 02- May 04 time. But what did you think of it? Good to be back? Id say a lot of lads were just starting to go in the Town End when you got banned, years ago. It used to be virtually empty most weeks with 50 big lads standing to the right of the central exit, with a huge 'No Surrender' flag to their right.

So glad the tradition of the right hand side standing has managed to survive. I thought last season might have killed it off, but fair play a lot of people really stuck to their guns. Makes it really feel like a proper football ground. Proper football.

If we become successful Im sure it will soon be the best, most vocal, passionate stand in the bottom 2 leagues, as it was before.
red macca

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 16:53:45 »

loved it spencer Wink  cheers for asking.really didnt know what to expect tbh after what i have heard.i must admit at one point the hairs on the back of my neck stood up more so when my mate text me to say he can hear us in his garden near coate water.i have been there when its been better but not much better than last night,

easily the best agame i been to in 5 years Wink
Spencer_White

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 17:08:00 »

Nice one, I was a bit further back the same staircase as you. In the same goal bundle after Brownlies winner. Its usually the best one to stand on.
red macca

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 17:12:04 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Nice one, I was a bit further back the same staircase as you. In the same goal bundle after Brownlies winner. Its usually the best one to stand on.
should of said hello mate.not a bad place to stand/sit really i thought
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 17:22:29 »

Do you reckon Pat Butcher's 'hung up her big yellow coat' for 06/07?! Not the same without her :|
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 17:35:46 »

Macca your speaking to Spencer not Whits Cheesy

/
W56196272
red macca

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 17:41:27 »

you bastard he didnt even realise either.im at work supposed to be busy but really cant be fucked tonight tbh...sorry spencer
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 18:00:03 »

Quote from: "The Moonraker"
Do you reckon Pat Butcher's 'hung up her big yellow coat' for 06/07?! Not the same without her :|

I wondered where she was, I was actually scared by so many new stewards, I thought they were going to tell me off for smoking, so I lit 4 fags ready to stab them.
Spencer_White

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 18:02:21 »

Quote from: "red macca"
you bastard he didnt even realise either.im at work supposed to be busy but really cant be fucked tonight tbh...sorry spencer

I thought it was a typo of White's!

But obviously Im offended now.
red macca

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 18:04:44 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Quote from: "red macca"

I thought it was a typo of White's!

But obviously Im offended now.
it was  :roll:
Amir

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 20:34:53 »

So glad the tradition of the right hand side standing has managed to survive. I thought last season might have killed it off, but fair play a lot of people really stuck to their guns. Makes it really feel like a proper football ground. Proper football.

People gave in too easy last year, that's why I can't go in the town end anymore.  I'd like to see people being more vocal in the nationwide that end as well, that's where I'll be.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 21:43:12 »

I am hoping throughout this season the TE will be packed meaning vocal fans have to go in the NW and create a better atmosphere up there too
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 21:51:31 »

I got asked  by a steward using faltering English and hand gestures....to stop blocking the gangway,.. I was stood in front of my seat ....I replied something along the lines of "yep OK mate and stayed where I was....he seemed happy enough.

It will probably be only a matter of a few games, before we get issued with more warning letters, and like a couple of seasons back some townender of 30 years standing, gets banned.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: