Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 ... 116   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 141646 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1560 on: Friday, April 26, 2024, 11:37:43 »

I enjoyed him saying he was listening to Tim Sherwood on a Podcast this week complaining about young people not wanting to work hard enough. It's absolutely microtargeted to wind me up, fair play to the guy.

Superb, I didn't think I could actually like him less but there it is
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1561 on: Friday, April 26, 2024, 14:52:29 »

Listening to LSPOD presser i'm shocked on their views on Gunning? Are they in the minority?

I just listened to this and the LSPOD are saying exactly the same as most of us have on here over recent weeks.  The subject of a new manager or not is nonsensical unless things get sorted out above with the club management and budget.  I have said a few times, you could appoint Pep, Mr Blobby or Gavin Gunning as manager, but with the current structure, strategy and budget it makes zero difference whatsoever.

What they did say about Gunning is that the position of manager whether Gunning or not, is less important than the above and that a change of manager alone would not be enough to convince ST holders to sign back up.  Change the hierarchy/strategy but keep Gunning would be more accepted than do nothing with the hierachy/strategy and change the manager.

I.e. Appointing Gunning or not, is not the most important decision that needs to be made to change the perception of the fans or the fortune of the club.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 26, 2024, 15:00:12 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1562 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 08:18:49 »

Now the season is over, im presuming GG gets the gig.

However, if he doesnt, which 3 choices would you have on a shortlist?

I’ll start.

Mike Duff - unlikely but lives local still i believe

Andy Whing - Solihull Moors - done a great job there with limitied resoucres - in NL Playoff final and Fa Trophy final this season

Mark Bonner - Got Cambridge promoted and kept them up before leaving this season
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #1563 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 08:28:37 »

Andy Whing for me. Did a great job at Banbury as well even though he was a yellow.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1564 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 08:58:16 »

I dunno - ideally someone who’s gonna bin off 3 CBs & wing backs.

With the players we have and using some creative license I’d be looking to go 4231 next season with the following

GK:
Bycroft
Evans

RB:
Dokes
McGregor

CB:
New Player
New Player
New Player
Minturn
(Hunt out on loan)

LB:
Kokolo
New Player / Maybe Johnson?

CM:
Oforborh
New Player
New Player
McEacheran

AMR:
El Bouzedi
New Player

AMC:
McGurk
New Player

AML:
New Player
New Player

ST:
Drinan
Glatzel
New Player

…that’s roughly 2 per position plus an extra ST & CB although that might be too big of a squad for us. Also a chance some players I’ve kept go (or don’t come back) and some I’ve binned stay…

Any U18s turning pro I’d like to see out on loan apart from maybe Evans as back up keeper & McGregor who looks the part to me already.

Whing looks an intriguing choice despite being an ex scummer. Not sure he’d fancy the step down though…
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #1565 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 10:27:10 »

McGregor as 2nd choice right back if the season started tomorrow would be a bit of a disaster. Isn't he a winger currently playing wing back? he's done well don't get me wrong, but if we are to use him in the full squad next season I'd rather it was as a versatile 'bonus' option rather than being 2nd choice in our back 4. Then again with how our budget is going to look, you could end up being right.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1566 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 10:53:39 »

McGregor as 2nd choice right back if the season started tomorrow would be a bit of a disaster. Isn't he a winger currently playing wing back? he's done well don't get me wrong, but if we are to use him in the full squad next season I'd rather it was as a versatile 'bonus' option rather than being 2nd choice in our back 4. Then again with how our budget is going to look, you could end up being right.

Bearing in mind UGM played more minutes than anyone else this season by some distance, if our biggest problem with squad composition next season is our backup right back I'll be delighted!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1567 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 11:10:58 »

Tbh I’ve not seen enough of McGregor to know if he’s more a winger pushed back slightly to wingback or a right back pushed slightly further up to play wing back.

He’s looked competent both going forward & defending.
If he really is a winger rather than a wing back then you could play him as the advanced AMR
adje

Ignore
« Reply #1568 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 18:59:12 »

I know I'm in the minority but I think Devoy would be a useful squad player for us

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1569 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 19:01:17 »

If we want to continue feeding down the bottom of this Division, then I guess he would be OK.  I wouldn't lose sleep over any of the central midfielders leaving us to be honest.  You can maybe have one, two max, in your squad, but only if you have three or four ahead of them.  They are all nice to haves not players you need to get a balanced squad competing at the top of this league.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1570 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 19:02:28 »

This is the Manager thread, so I'll also say that Gunning should be let go from the club, if anyone inside it actually had any ideas of running it properly.  The fact he was put in charge of PR's for the loan players says it all really.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1571 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 19:20:47 »

Alan Nixon saying Derek Adams in frame for STFC job

RJack

Ignore
« Reply #1572 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 19:36:32 »

Christ hope he knows that he'll be working for a circus not a football club. Poor bugger if he does take the job is all I can say.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1573 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 19:38:23 »

Frying pan and fire spring to mind.

But, our loan manager has lowered expectations somewhat!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #1574 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 19:40:31 »

I’d be happy with this. Two L2 promotions on his CV. Probably has a point to prove after his previous two jobs.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 ... 116   Go Up
Print
Jump to: