Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Volume of our Wembley support etc  (Read 10823 times)
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 15:18:23 »

I left the moment the second goal went in too. The players should be applauding us for turning up in numbers (again) but I was too pissed off to hang around.
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 15:29:04 »

But the padded seats were sooo comfortable Smiley

Have to say, with little ones in tow the front row of 243 were top seats. Nice to be able to use the club Wembley entrance too.

They were very comfortable, wish i'd been jumping out of my seat a bit more though! I would definitely go Club Wembley again  Smiley
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 15:37:58 »

I left as soon as the second went in. Poor performance so didnt see the need to clap the lads at the end!

Sometimes they need to know that we are not happy, I dont like booing, so vast amounts of empty seats shows that IMO
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 15:42:43 »

I also left after the second goal. Couldnt bare to watch the opposition celebrate after beating us at Wembley again.

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 15:54:27 »

Don't see the issue myself. Was deep into injury time so fair enough if people wanted to leave
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 16:02:29 »

I left when the second went in. Came back out the quickly applaud the players then left again.

Less so to do with our players and more so to do with the fact I didnt want to watch Chesterfield celebrate.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 17:02:04 »

I was in a row of lads who spent the majority of the game elsewhere. Watching for 5 minutes, leaving for 10 minutes and then coming back (repeat until FT).

That didn't bother me. What did slighlty irk me was the horrific lack of knowledge provided by whoever was sat behind. By all means, come and support Town, enjoy your day but do not try and convince us that "Steven Ferry is shit, send him back to Rangers or whoever Di Canio got him from".

Oh and that comment was in reference to Lee Holmes' struggle to beat his man.

Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 17:14:20 »

I was in a row of lads who spent the majority of the game elsewhere. Watching for 5 minutes, leaving for 10 minutes and then coming back (repeat until FT).

That didn't bother me. What did slighlty irk me was the horrific lack of knowledge provided by whoever was sat behind. By all means, come and support Town, enjoy your day but do not try and convince us that "Steven Ferry is shit, send him back to Rangers or whoever Di Canio got him from".

Surely not!? How anybody could be that stupid is beyond me... If you dont know anything dont say anything, that's simple enough right?
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 18:48:58 »

We are a collective and collectively we were shit.

I pretty much lost my voice at one point but i would guess only 20 people joined in tops.

I don't agree.  There was plenty of singing throughout the match, bar a spell during the 2nd half.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 18:55:07 »

I find it funny that some people think that our support was poor compared to Chesterfield.
Bar the goals I have to say I only heard them a couple of times at all.

The other half was sat around near the halfway line and basically said the same thing.
We made more noise, more often than they did.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 18:56:00 »

You werent in block 130 about half way up were you?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 18:58:45 »

I find it funny that some people think that our support was poor compared to Chesterfield.

Yup, heard them do one "stand up..." and both goals but nothing else.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 19:53:22 »

The other half was sat around near the halfway line and basically said the same thing.
We made more noise, more often than they did.

I was in the bar finishing off my beer when we went 1-0 down.  I didn't even hear their cheer.  I had to look at the TV to find out they did score.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 20:53:39 »

I left the moment the second goal went in too. The players should be applauding us for turning up in numbers (again) but I was too pissed off to hang around.
The players did applaud the fans at the final whistle. We watched our lot go up the steps then left before Chesterfield got to lift the trophy. There were still plenty of our fans inside but most seemed to do the same as us. Just hope we don't get dragged back down into the playoffs as our last two visits haven't been the happiest.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 15:26:37 »

I was in block 143, next to the Club Wembley section. I heard some noise- more than our last visit, but it wasn't good.

I've said it before and I'll say it again- this 'New' Wembley is a souless place and I hate it. Too sterile, no acoustics and more importantly, no history.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: