Swindon Obscure XI

(1/32) > >>

Nemo:
I'm bored and the new season still isn't starting, so time for a trip down memory lane and particularly into the dark corners of forgetfulness.

Inspired by a few of those Facebook groups that occasionally post pictures of Timothee Atouba or just about anyone Harry Redknapp signed at Portsmouth, I thought I'd try and put together an XI of utterly forgettable Swindon Town players. Not the utterly shit (Heiselberg, Elkins) or the still quite shit, but memorable for the wrong reasons (Lanzano, Ashikodi) but the completely obscure, that you have to strain to remember ever existing and can't remember a single thing they did in a Town shirt.

Bonus points of course for those who played more than a few games on loan, and for those more recent who my memory hasn't yet had a chance to forget. My effort is pretty poor, largely from the last 15 or so years so plenty to build on. There are a lot of strong candidates from 2005/6 which was about the most forgettable season of all time.

GK Richard McKinney
DF Luke Garrard
DF Nicky Nicolau
DF Charlie Comyn-Platt
DF Patrick Noubisse
MF Paul McAreavey
MF Neale McDemott*
MF Colin Heath
MF Paul Edwards
FW Martin Williams
FW Hamdi Razak

* Neale McDermott actually did do one particularly memorable thing in scoring from a free kick against Bristol City, but I can't remember anything else he did so he's going in.

Any other names that will send me scuttling to Wikipedia or Swindon Town FC.co.uk to find out what I've forgotten? There must have been plenty...

donkey:
Petr Mikolanda, Neale Finn, Andy Lonegan.

suttonred:
Sam Campagna

Matchworn Shirts:
John Sutton, Lloyd Opera, Jon Stevenson, Jon Beswetherick

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR:
Adrian Bakali
Richard Greene
Curtis Fleming
John Buttigieg (Maltese international no less)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page