Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Roy Hodgson and Tony Pulis  (Read 4368 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« on: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 18:58:30 »

I am not a great fan of the prem league but thats a different story but if one of these two dont win manager of the year somethings wrong. I love watching fulham its counter attacking football at its best
Spencer_White

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 19:01:56 »

Stoke in the premier league have been a refreshing change. There are a lot of lower league players in their line up who have showed that if you are 100% commited, and give everything then you can be a success. Im not sure they can do it for a second season, but good on them.

Roy Hodgson is righting his reputation in this country which was blemished a bit by his Blackburn time.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 19:03:10 »

Roy Hodgson knows what he's doing - prior to Fulham it did just didn't work out in England for him - critically poor at Blackburn and hilariously bad at Bristol City. What he's done in the last year or so at Fulham is admirable.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 19:05:38 »

Amazing to think they could be in europe and stoke finish 11th
Spencer_White

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 19:09:42 »

Another thing that is refreshing is to see the fans making a difference. Stoke's home form has been excellent, and commentators have frequently said part of that has been the home atmosphere and passion at the Brittania.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 19:14:07 »

I'm pretty sure that this is Fulham's best ever top flight finish. Even with Johnny Haynes up front they struggled at the highest level.
dell boy

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 19:14:34 »

Fulham and Stoke have been outstanding this season.
After the great escape last year, who would have thought Fulham would be in Europe the following season.
Stoke have kept there premier place by the fantastic home support this season, Swindon and all otrher sides take note, the twelve man (supporter) works wonders.
Spencer_White

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 19:17:45 »

Oh no, not the twelvth man! They'll be on the programme next, like Readings 'twelvth man'.   Wink

Got to mention West Brom fans as well. Theyve been bottom all season, but they have stuck by their team and Mowbray. He says he has been 'humbled' by the reception he has had despite their lowly position. Thats loyalty!!!
dell boy

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 19:23:23 »

Oh no, not the twelvth man! They'll be on the programme next, like Readings 'twelvth man'.   Wink

Got to mention West Brom fans as well. Theyve been bottom all season, but they have stuck by their team and Mowbray. He says he has been 'humbled' by the reception he has had despite their lowly position. Thats loyalty!!!

I would love to see them beat Liverpool tomorrow, that will really make an end of season finale.

West Brom have great support, but Stokes home support is fantastic.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 19:37:00 »

Both have done superb jobs it has to be said.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 20:44:40 »

i've had a soft spot for stoke for a fair few years.mainly due to their awesome support,the conga when we stuffed em 6-0,the noise they generated at their old ground when they were relegated was unbelievable.i dont really like their style of football but they have a system and it works.

fulham are a different thing alltogther.poor fan base but they play football that is pleasing on the eye.hogdson is runner up to fergie for manager of the year imo.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 20:49:31 by arriba » Logged
Rich Pullen

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 20:47:49 »

I'd give Hodgson the award - he's achievement deserves an accolade.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 21:36:50 »

Got to mention West Brom fans as well. Theyve been bottom all season, but they have stuck by their team and Mowbray. He says he has been 'humbled' by the reception he has had despite their lowly position.
Loved the Mowbray masks last week.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 22:01:22 »

Takes the piss them always giving the manager of the year award to Ferguson or one of the other big names. When you've got that kind of money to buy players and players generally queuing up to play for you, you'd have to be a bit of a twat to not win something (ie Scolari).

Staying in the Premier League, or challenging for Europe when you've got fuck all money is a far bigger achievement.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, May 17, 2009, 00:25:31 »

I think Joe Kinnear and Alan Shearer should be jointly awarded it, for such a sterling effort.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: