Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: TEF Suicide Watch...  (Read 22722 times)
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 09:20:39 »

On another note an interview with Mr Fitton has revealed that the reason the club cashed in was because we have too many defenders and they will be looking at Lescinel & Morrison to step up their game.  This indicates to me that there will be no replacement for Greer.

This is a MASSIVE gamble, especially on the LJF front. We need another Greer type player Im afraid, the lack of a defensive leader showed through at Wembley and Im not sure I could stand a season long defensive performance like that.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #16 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 09:25:48 »

This is a MASSIVE gamble, especially on the LJF front. We need another Greer type player Im afraid, the lack of a defensive leader showed through at Wembley and Im not sure I could stand a season long defensive performance like that.

Massive gamble but if it fails a replacement wil be found. We may still have someone coming in from Man City or Caddis. You normally try not to show "your hand" to other teams. WE know from 2 seasons ago that Greer steadied the ship so ..... As I said in my other post. Southend fans said Morrison was a rock at defence. Morrison may flourish with Cuthbert alongside.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 09:29:58 »

On another note an interview with Mr Fitton has revealed that the reason the club cashed in was because we have too many defenders and they will be looking at Lescinel & Morrison to step up their game.  This indicates to me that there will be no replacement for Greer.

Where can this interview be found sir?

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 09:31:19 »

If that's the case then I'm seriously worried about the lack of experience/leadership at the back.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #19 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 09:33:00 »

If that's the case then I'm seriously worried about the lack of experience/leadership at the back.

Me too, COuld be a bit of confusion especially with LJF and Cuthbert at the heart of defence.... Unless we are hoping Lucas can sort this and maybe DW puts our form down to Lucas' leadership at the back as opposed to Greer's?
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 09:41:36 »

Where can this interview be found sir?

It was on the sports bulletin on BBC Radio Swindon this morning on the Graham Mac Show. You can check the BBC website it might me up.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 09:50:46 »

Me too, COuld be a bit of confusion especially with LJF and Cuthbert at the heart of defence.... Unless we are hoping Lucas can sort this and maybe DW puts our form down to Lucas' leadership at the back as opposed to Greer's?

We're in a bit of trouble at the back then.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 09:55:30 »

It was on the sports bulletin on BBC Radio Swindon this morning on the Graham Mac Show. You can check the BBC website it might me up.

I heard part of it and the impression I got was that it was a financial descision in so much as we wanted to spend to strengthen other areas of the team as a priority over defense, and that the defense was strong enough to cope with the loss of Greer. In fact this is pretty much what Fitton said on the snippet I heard.

Now whether that is the story the club are giving, or whether it is true I don't know. But with the "Morrison time to  step up" comments from DW I'd imagine we won't be getting an experienced CB in.

If we can't affor it then I guess we can't afford it. May have to reset expectations for the comming season in that case. Oh well.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 10:02:29 »

I still find the whole thing truly and utterly bizzare.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #24 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 10:07:01 »

Financially, there's no point in wanting Morrison to step-up unless we commit him to a longer contract because if we give him 46 games and he does well then he'll leave next summer and we'll get rubbish comp at a tribunial.
glos_robin

« Reply #25 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 10:09:42 »

Hmmmm as I said previously I don't think Fitton is right when he says this league will be weaker than last season and if he really thinks that and that we can get promotion on the cheap he is likely to have a bit of a reality check shortly. We need some sort of replacement for Greer as we have what a grand total of about 150 starts between our 3 centre backs, and one injury and we'd have no cover.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 10:17:12 »

i haven't heard Sir Fittons interview but if indeed he is implying that they are happy to go with 3 centre backs for the season, 2 of which have never played a full season of league football i am a little worried. Cuthbert picks up an injury and then boom we're left with morrison and LJF and no cover.... bit stumped by this.  Hmmm

My only hope is that Cuthbert becomes organiser in chief and Morrison and LJF see this as a massive opportunity and really step up their game....

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #27 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 10:18:33 »

Fitton quote on BBC

Every player has his price and when that price is met, and if the player expresses an interest that he wants to go, then in this world there is no loyalty. You have to let him go.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #28 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 10:19:25 »

Whole thing is a bit bizarre but does losing Greer mean we drop from 5th in 6th to League One to 15th etc. A lot of doom and gloom re: Greer leaving. WE still have Cuthbert and LJF did ok when at Centre. We may still get someone in on loan as well so... a step back? Yes, the end of the world? No. I still think DW and AF have an ace up their sleeve and we will be ok.....
« Last Edit: Monday, July 12, 2010, 10:22:14 by STFC_Gazza » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 10:22:53 »

Its possible though that what is said and what is done are two different things.

AF has backed DW last season in wages for loans/perms, and I don't see why this would stop unless our budget is being reduced. Which if it is then so be it, we can't keep making a loss. But its a shame **IF** we can't keep the momentum from last season. A ball hasn't been kicked yet though so lets see what happens up to December..

edit: interesting quote Mr Pullen.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: