Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Board, consultancy fees, Mercs and how to identify a duck  (Read 199450 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #885 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 16:51:14 »

So why did you miss out?

Old skool...drink and sex are my paliatives of choice. (Gave up the drugs years ago)
iffy

« Reply #886 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:11:59 »

The opener is possibly the most ludicrous post in the history of the TEF...and that's saying something.

The Chinese government used to think they could filter the whole of the internet, so they spent a lot of money on 'the great firewall of china'. Now they've realised they can't filter it all, they pay armies of people to register on Chinese forums and Weibo and other places to steer the discussions in ways that are helpful to the regime.

Also, hi Jed!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #887 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:17:38 »

The Chinese government blocks certain types of website at the hardware level. It is fucking clever stuff.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #888 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:37:25 »

Can we please stop quoting the fairytale that Rooney was "on" 8k a week.  He wasn't / isn't.

For those of you on PAYE, ask your employer what your total weekly/monthly on-cost to them is versus your weekly/monthly wage. The figures are very different.

Even if true (which I doubt), the 8k figure will be total on-cost, meaning Rooney would be "on" £4-5k a week.  Still a lot, I know, but it's just annoying when the £8k figure (which was clearly club propaganda IMHO) is bandied about as fact and, no doubt, will be for months to come.

I don't doubt that £8k is an exaggerated figure, but I think the rest of your point is a bit odd.  If someone asks what your salary is (or what you are 'on' if you will), do you give them the gross figure or the net figure?  Also, your employer doesn't pay your income tax, you pay it.  Your employer merely administers the act of handing the tax, YOU have paid, over to the government. 

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #889 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:39:30 »

I think you are missing the fact the employer has a tax obligation too Wink
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #890 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:46:55 »

I think you are missing the fact the employer has a tax obligation too Wink

I guess I must be, but I thought employer's NI contributions was the only "employment tax" and the rest was on profits and the like and therefore not directly relevant to the "£8k" figure?

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:50:27 »

Has somebody been handing out free pills in Swindon today or something?

Agreed

There have been some shite written on here recently, but fuck me

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #892 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:07:05 »

I guess I must be, but I thought employer's NI contributions was the only "employment tax" and the rest was on profits and the like and therefore not directly relevant to the "£8k" figure?

Oh sorry, thought you'd missed NI.

In any case I think the point was that the 8k figure could include employers NI, benefits, agents fees and signing on fees split over n months, housing/relocation contribution and god knows what else.

Either way it doesn't really matter, either we can't afford and can't get out of it, or we can't afford it and can get out of it, or we re-negotiate.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #893 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:10:29 »

In any case I think the point was that the 8k figure could include employers NI, benefits, agents fees and signing on fees split over n months, housing/relocation contribution and god knows what else.

Either way it doesn't really matter, either we can't afford and can't get out of it, or we can't afford it and can get out of it, or we re-negotiate.

Fair enough, I think I had missed the point especially about housing and what have you Doh  My apologies to StfcRusty  Embarrassed

china red

« Reply #894 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 23:07:24 »

The Chinese government used to think they could filter the whole of the internet, so they spent a lot of money on 'the great firewall of china'. Now they've realised they can't filter it all, they pay armies of people to register on Chinese forums and Weibo and other places to steer the discussions in ways that are helpful to the regime.

Also, hi Jed!

I believe the firewall is still there, or so I'm led to believe. 

Lots of websites are also blocked  including the TEF 50% of the time.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 23:12:43 »

To be honest, that's probably what should happen anyway.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #896 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 23:16:59 »

The result of counter revolutionary revisionist lapdogs or  Clap as some like to call themselves.
china red

« Reply #897 on: Friday, June 14, 2013, 00:14:25 »

I'm going to blame it all on Chang.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #898 on: Friday, June 14, 2013, 07:17:31 »

Whatever it includes, a financial commitment of £8k a week to a player at this level just seems sheer lunacy.
TungstenCarbide

« Reply #899 on: Friday, June 14, 2013, 07:50:31 »

pass the prozac... designer amnesiac
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: