Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Board, consultancy fees, Mercs and how to identify a duck  (Read 199451 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 05:54:26 »

Obviously we haven't had the 'official' write up yet, but I'm very happy all the noises seem to be positive coming out of the meeting.

Perhaps we can stop jumping to conclusions after some random person posts unsubstantiated bollocks again? Please?

(I understand the 80% bollocks bit in the forum name, but there's been closer to 99% of it over the past week...)

Maybe, sometimes, something that looks/sounds like a duck isn't a duck, and if you're not an Ornithologist you should leave well alone.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 05:56:32 by Honkytonk » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 06:23:40 »

Why are we building a new training facility? What are we building and who will own it?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 07:25:31 »

Considering they had the questions in advance, there shouldn't really have been anything unanswered? Or did it just run over?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 07:28:42 »

Considering they had the questions in advance, there shouldn't really have been anything unanswered? Or did it just run over?

According to Sam

With so much to answer, all questions were not asked in timeframe but McCrory and Murrall committed to answering all in writing this week.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
LucienSanchez

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 07:29:17 »

Cheers

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
lambourn red

« Reply #260 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 07:38:17 »

Why are we building a new training facility? What are we building and who will own it?

They are not building a new facility just using the recently foootball foundation funded beaversbrook facility at Calne

http://www.beversbrooksportsfacility.co.uk/gallery/

I would imagine it will be a lot cheaper than Liddington and PGL dont really want STFC there anyway.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 09:23:41 »

Perhaps we can stop jumping to conclusions after some random person posts unsubstantiated bollocks again? Please?

It wasn't all unsubstantiated bollocks though was it? He named both the new investors a while before us or the media had even heard of them. He clearly has an inside track on some significant information that the rest of us don't.

Whether all his other points are unsubstantiated bollocks tacked onto the little he did know remains to be seen. Hopefully the positive sounds coming out of the meeting are an indication they are.

I think more regular meetings with the fans so they remain open to scrutiny is a very positive step anyway in regaining our trust. If there's one positive thing that comes out of this it might be greater communication in future between board and fans.

(edited having actually read other thread)
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 09:28:40 by BruceChatwin » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 09:44:32 »

Obviously we haven't had the 'official' write up yet, but I'm very happy all the noises seem to be positive coming out of the meeting.

(I understand the 80% bollocks bit in the forum name, but there's been closer to 99% of it over the past week...)

Maybe, sometimes, something that looks/sounds like a duck isn't a duck, and if you're not an Ornithologist you should leave well alone.

Some people are easily pleased...like Ann Alder.

Obviously, we need to wait for the full written transcript, but there's nothing here, which for me alleviates rather than confirms what has been said by various people about the what is happening.

PS the "nothing here" bit should be applied to the account of last nights meting on the other thread.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 09:48:47 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 10:32:17 »

Bored at work so curious to see what our neighbours were thinking about our play-off qualification (for the record since PDC left, they seem to have forgotten about us, so mutual feelings I guess).

Anyway, I found this thread which seems eerily familiar

http://www.yellowsforum.proboards.com/thread/13868/fred#

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 10:56:24 »

Trust STFC initial response to last night's meeting published here:

http://www.truststfc.com/2013/04/trust-stfc-swindon-supporters-club-meeting-with-jed-mccrory/
Dozno9

« Reply #265 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 11:03:21 »

Thanks for that. I am more uncomfortable now than I was before I read it TBH.
LucienSanchez

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 11:05:15 »

The tone of that piece isn't great... seems like some points were avoided, and a written response can be carefully planned to avoid any pressing or immediate pressure/scrutiny.

kaufman

« Reply #267 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 11:36:35 »

Bored at work so curious to see what our neighbours were thinking about our play-off qualification (for the record since PDC left, they seem to have forgotten about us, so mutual feelings I guess).

Anyway, I found this thread which seems eerily familiar

http://www.yellowsforum.proboards.com/thread/13868/fred#

Wait so there's a Fredi on our forums and a Fred on theirs doing a similar thing?

hmm
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 11:50:02 »

This report doesn't sit well with me at all.

Jed showed a legal letter from himself indicating that he had provided £1.2m of funding to the club in the form of a loan at 0% interest, repayable by end of 2015

So he hasn't invested, he's lent the money as a loan...hmmm.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 11:51:46 »

The tone of that piece isn't great... seems like some points were avoided, and a written response can be carefully planned to avoid any pressing or immediate pressure/scrutiny.

But they were never going to provide detail and possibly rightly so as ultimately its a private business.

It all seems a bit meh to be honest...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: