Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bostons Steve Evans - Comments  (Read 2669 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, January 22, 2007, 19:30:53 »

We pay peanuts in wages, but give ridiculously high bonuses.
sonic youth

« Reply #16 on: Monday, January 22, 2007, 20:52:59 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Quote from: "sonic youth"
Quote from: "herthab"
Evans shouldn't even be in football.

He's a cheating cunt.

Fact.

Same goes for the whole club. Hopefully they'll get kicked out of the league sooner rather than later.

I wouldnt take any pleasure in seeing Boston go out of the league.

We got denied promotion to the top division for a similar but lesser offence, they've been able to carry on regardless.

They deserve everything they get. The FA are always going to shit on the small teams so it's not as if they'll be setting a precedence.
Spencer_White

« Reply #17 on: Monday, January 22, 2007, 21:17:50 »

Just because we got punnished so suverely doesnt make it right to punish other clubs like that. To me that would be partly condoning the punishment that we were given. I doubt ANY club will ever be punnished as suverely as we were in 1990, we really did get the most unjust treatment. It was OK to hate Spurs because they basically bribed their way out of it. They were able to throw money at the problem until it sorted itself out.

Of the teams that have come up from the conference in the last 10 years, Boston have been one of the better ones. I worry about clubs like Boston not making it in the football league. They were a classic conference club and had some good interesting battles in the scumford division. Used to enjoy watching them on sky. Also from a personal point of view at least they provide a decent away end to watch football. They still have more about them than the likes of Accrington, Bury, Chester, Macc Town, Cheltenham, Franchise. There are 6 worse clubs in the football league.  Wink
sonic youth

« Reply #18 on: Monday, January 22, 2007, 21:23:38 »

It doesn't change the fact that Boston cheated their way into the football league in my eyes and I don't see how it condones the punishment we received, anyone with half a brain would realise it was ridiculously over the top. It irks me to see teams get away with pulling all sorts of stunts when I think how different our history could have been.

The away end looked nice on telly, steep, low roof. Shame I probably won't get the chance to go there again.
Spencer_White

« Reply #19 on: Monday, January 22, 2007, 21:27:48 »

Football was better when everyone was on the fiddle. It seemed to even things out!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, January 22, 2007, 22:14:22 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"
We pay peanuts in wages, but give ridiculously high bonuses.

Not really.  Bob Holt was the one who brought up the bonuses as a big issue, and he said at the time they could cost us £200-£250k over a season if everything went right on the field.  Hardly huge.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: