Pages: 1 ... 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217298 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2055 on: Friday, April 3, 2020, 14:44:10 »

I think the police need to visit open spaces such as Seven Fields, Mannington Rec etc.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2056 on: Friday, April 3, 2020, 14:47:30 »

Premier League donate £20m to NHS, and advancing £125m to EFL and National League
Good, the NHS bit is PR gesture but the money for lower leagues could make all the difference. PL Players to be asked to take 30% pay cut too:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52148955
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2057 on: Friday, April 3, 2020, 14:48:06 »

The weather forecast is getting better as well so its going to get worse unless proper draconian measures are put in place.
Draconian measures are already in place. They just need enforcing
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #2058 on: Friday, April 3, 2020, 14:52:29 »

And who's going to enforce them?  Oh yes the police force that have not been cut to the bone over the last 10 year.  Maybe we should ask the home secretary.  If anyone can find her.  I think she's in a fridge with Boris Johnson and Rees Mogg.

Never knowingly overstated.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #2059 on: Friday, April 3, 2020, 15:00:31 »

Very convenient that Boris Johnson is still showing symptoms and need to self isolate for longer

I come from a land down-under
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2060 on: Friday, April 3, 2020, 15:12:32 »

And who's going to enforce them?  Oh yes the police force that have not been cut to the bone over the last 10 year. 
TBF given there are comparatively less people around, the police should have more resources to deal with those that are (where they need dealing with)

Maybe we should ask the home secretary.  If anyone can find her.  I think she's in a fridge with Boris Johnson and Rees Mogg.
We can but hope

Ignore
« Reply #2061 on: Friday, April 3, 2020, 16:01:13 »

Just driven into Poxford. Seen a rise in traffic yesterday and today quite a few with multiple passengers (work vans, cars) buses virtually empty though. Lots of people out and about and can tell that many are definitely not from the same household. Thought we were making progress earlier in the week but I'm thinking it's on the slide again. Plenty of cretins will be out and about over the weekend I fear.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2062 on: Friday, April 3, 2020, 16:11:19 »

Apart from sporting occasions - football, dogs - I have never chosen to go to Oxford.

Shame on you!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2063 on: Friday, April 3, 2020, 16:22:45 »

On the flip side I just had a stranger walk past my house and moan at me for being out cutting the grass in my front garden as it’s an ‘unnecessary reason to be out of the house and putting people at risk’. I told him where to go as it’s just a completely stupid and antagonistic interpretation of the guidance, I’ve no time for people that think they can use this for some kind of power trip. He walked off muttering something like he was going to get an opinion from the police... I’ll probably get shamed on Twitter later as that seems a thing now as well.

I’m all for complying with the guidance but morons like this do more harm than good in terms of people sticking to it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #2064 on: Friday, April 3, 2020, 16:26:51 »

Spain has only had 5 and a half thousand infections today!!!! It’s finally dropping after plateauing for 5 days!!!! Clap Beers Cheesy

Plateau is hopefully the word soon to be the word on everyone's lips soon enough. Which is now making me think of Madeira and the Grand Massif.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #2065 on: Friday, April 3, 2020, 16:32:39 »

On the flip side I just had a stranger walk past my house and moan at me for being out cutting the grass in my front garden as it’s an ‘unnecessary reason to be out of the house and putting people at risk’. I told him where to go as it’s just a completely stupid and antagonistic interpretation of the guidance, I’ve no time for people that think they can use this for some kind of power trip. He walked off muttering something like he was going to get an opinion from the police... I’ll probably get shamed on Twitter later as that seems a thing now as well.

I’m all for complying with the guidance but morons like this do more harm than good in terms of people sticking to it.

Indeed, anything to massage their egos by posting on social media. Hashtag holierthanthoufcukwits

I come from a land down-under
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #2066 on: Friday, April 3, 2020, 16:32:42 »

Maybe we should ask the home secretary.  If anyone can find her.  I think she's in a fridge with Boris Johnson and Rees Mogg.

I get the reference RE: BoJo Fridge but in side a fridge, avec virus is somewhere it will love to happily thrive much longer.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2067 on: Friday, April 3, 2020, 16:36:37 »

On the flip side I just had a stranger walk past my house and moan at me for being out cutting the grass in my front garden as it’s an ‘unnecessary reason to be out of the house and putting people at risk’.
Ha ha what a fucking idiot. Did you not ask why he was walking past your house, thereby putting you at risk of coming into contact with his idiocy?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2068 on: Friday, April 3, 2020, 16:37:06 »

what a dickhead. You should have asked why he was out of his house the interfering troll.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #2069 on: Friday, April 3, 2020, 16:38:05 »

One of our lads was stopped while cutting a hedge outside a block of flats by a copper yesterday. Said he'd have to go off and check if it was essential work. If even some police (who should have the guidelines explained to them) don't understand, then god help the general public.

If it was me I would have said, "I've come into contact with one person today. You!"
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: