Poll
Question: Following on from fb's logans run thread, a tef fogie poll is required - what age bracket do you fit into?  (Voting closed: Saturday, August 11, 2012, 12:03:44)
under 16 - 0 (0%)
17 - 25 - 23 (22.1%)
26 - 39 - 50 (48.1%)
40 - 60 - 28 (26.9%)
reg + - 3 (2.9%)
Total Voters: 88

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Young or old?  (Read 10326 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 08:59:20 »

That's probably right - but if I've still got unused games on my ST I'll insist on my cadaver getting it's seat til the end of the season.

Hope you're not in the adjacent seat as the smell could get a bit much - I apologise in advance.

I that case I hope your ST is in the North Stand, no-one would notice.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Barry Scott

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 09:05:27 »

I'm "dating" a woman 10 years my senior at the moment. No psychopathy, no drama, no pressure, no games and it's exactly how all women should be. What you see is what you get.

It has to be the best decision I've ever made with regards to the opposite sex.
DMR

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 09:06:39 »

Fuck me sideways Bazza I've always assumed your nudging 40, I wouldn't have thought a 50something has the energy for all the shenanigans you mention.
Barry Scott

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 09:21:17 »

40? Fucking hell, you wouldn't be the first to say that off of here. I'm 33 and despite how I must have inadvertantly come across, I'm really rather boring - I've got an old head I'm told!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 09:35:00 »

I'm "dating" a woman 10 years my senior at the moment. No psychopathy, no drama, no pressure, no games and it's exactly how all women should be. What you see is what you get.

It has to be the best decision I've ever made with regards to the opposite sex.

I'd hang on to her then...in my experience, age makes no difference to the essential female qualities you outline.
DMR

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 09:40:41 »

I wish Reg was my dad
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 09:46:36 »

I'm in the 26-39 group with the majority - I am, however, firmly towards the bottom end of this group (I'm 28) and feel that some people in this group with me are a whole different generation (in other words, they are old - sorry Ardiles...).

No offence taken.  Grin

I think there's a lot of truth in that.  At 28, in some ways I was still a bit of a teenager.  OK, I had my own flat and a job and some money, but not much in the way of responsibility.  I only had myself to think about.  What snaps (or can snap) you out of all that is a combination of getting married, co-habiting, buying a bigger house, acquiring a few kids.  Just happens for me that all of that has happened in my 30s.  Can't think about myself first any more.  Earn more money, but have a lot less to spend on myself.  Less time for football, running and for my friends, and a lot less sleep.  But it's great!  And as the kids get a little older, I know I'm going to start getting more time again for the football, running etc.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 09:46:39 »

40? Fucking hell, you wouldn't be the first to say that off of here. I'm 33 and despite how I must have inadvertantly come across, I'm really rather boring - I've got an old head I'm told!

Freaky!!

I am 33 and have been dating very happily for over a year now. My good lady is 9 years older than me and what you said earlier rings very true to me as well!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 09:50:28 »

Bob has to be the most loved up TEFer...by a mile!!

When are you going to make an honest woman of her?
DMR

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 10:08:35 »

Gonna need photos Bob (and you Bazzyfizzle).
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 11:24:48 »

I'm 39 and my wife is 2.5 years older than me, been married 10 years later this year and with her for 13 years. Thank god she is laid back and easy going cos I can be a right bad tempered stressy cock sometimes.

I still think I am 15 though and on work experience despite being head of finance.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 11:29:33 »

Bob has to be the most loved up TEFer...by a mile!!

When are you going to make an honest woman of her?

How does that work?

My scenario is a little different as I live in Lux and she lives in London so we only get to see each other at weekends.

Haven't even met the 'rents yet! Although that will be changing this weekend!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 11:33:29 »

I was just teasing...sorry.   Embarrassed

She gets a mention quite a lot, that's all.

Good luck this weekend!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 11:40:03 »

I'm 38 and my wife and kids are away for the weekend.

When I was younger that would mean Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaty.

These days I'm looking forward to a lie in on Saturday morning, catching up on some TV and maybe taking some junk down the tip.

FFS. I'll have a word with myself.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 11:42:13 »

I'm 38 and my wife and kids are away for the weekend.

When I was younger that would mean Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaty.

These days I'm looking forward to a lie in on Saturday morning, catching up on some TV and maybe taking some junk down the tip.

FFS. I'll have a word with myself.

Don't bother - This is normal for a father of our age
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: