Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cobblers v wobblers match day thread  (Read 50187 times)
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 08:35:25 »

What if someone had taken a heavy wager on us being relegated?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 08:42:17 »

thing is frigby, it's more likely he'll sack Williams and still get relegated now Sad
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 08:57:26 »

Probably try and sack Hylton for breach of contract or something i bet
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 08:58:05 »

It's a bit childish and unprofessional.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 09:05:26 »

1 win in 12 league games, 13 if you count Luton  Sad
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 09:14:05 »

Hylton is complete shit lets be honest. Some fans seem to think he has something as occasionally he comes on as a sub and runs with a bit of pace and the opposition don't know what he is going to do, which is easy to understand given Hylton himself hasn't got a fucking clue either!

Observations from last night and since Jan window closed.

1. We can't play Colkett and Gladwin in the same team in this formation. Pick one and bin the other. Gladwin has not been great but we know he has a goal in him. I'm afraid Colkett needs to be binned.
2. The defense continues to be shit as it has been for the last few years. The blame lies squarely on the coaches and Power for this, it was clear someone was needed back there but we failed. They need to bin this 5 at the back crap. It worked a treat for us when we had wing backs that could get us up the pitch and a midfield who could fight and win the ball as well as support going forward. We don't have that standard of players at the moment.
3. Ajose is a great goalscorer but you have to create the chances so at the moment he is a waste of space.

I'm not one to normally question players drive or willingness to fight as i think its a cliche fans use far too readily. However i think its reasonable to expect that in the current relegation fight we are in that the players on loan with futures secure elsewhere do probably not care about this season for us. I think you couple that with Obika (who didn't want to sign a new contract last summer) who will be off this summer, Kasim who has wanted to leave for a year or two and will be off this summer and Thompson (who i don't doubt cares) but knows he will get hooked up somewhere else next year. So how many players really care about the outcome of this season. Its a criticism of the transfer and contract policy particularly in light of a lack of experience to supplement the squad.

Overall for the last few years (essentially since Di Canio left) we've been bullied by a lot of teams and we either are good enough to beat them or we are not. At the moment we are not. I think we need to pick a team of players that will be here next year and/or are physically able to fight and earn the right to play football. Switch it to a back four (not a lot of options here), play Thompson, Jones, Branco, Dabo. Bye Bye Boo and Brophy (the left back version of Alan O'Brien). Get two fighters in midfield Thomas (here until 2019!!!) and Ince (assuming not convicted - good signing!!!) or Smith otherwise. Get Goddard back in the team, with Gladwin, maybe even play the lad Jordan Young if fit. Norris up top.

Rant over
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 09:22:50 »

No matter which way you cook it, we're fucked this season. And with Power saying he's not for changing, we're fucked next season, too.

All well and good admitting cocking up one transfer window, but 4 ffs.

We've been in decline since the Feb of the play off season - which was how long it took for others to suss out how to negate our 'style'. Sticking to it for so long with the overwhelming evidence it doesn't work is wilful neglect.

If anyone can see a glimmer of hope for the future I'd like to know it.
Panda Paws

« Reply #292 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 09:36:09 »

- Hylton is the new Miles Storey in some eyes but won't play for us again. What a tit. No great loss.
 - William won't walk and nor should he. Not his decision to make.
 - Power reckons we outspent everyone in the league in January. Needs to back it up with money on a decent, proven manager.
 - That does not mean Alan Mac, or Steve White, or Macari, or any of the other ridiculous shouts on here.
 - Two routes - give someone promising from non-league a decent run at it beyond this season, so even if/when we go down (Luke Garrard could be a shout, as Reg mentioned), we have a right old go next year or get a firefighter in til the end of the season on a big safety bonus.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 09:41:37 »

Cotterill 👀
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 09:47:24 »

Personally, I think the worse thing you can do to staff is to mislead them. You have to manage people's expectations. I would have told Hylton before he got on the bus that I fancied the others instead of him. I would have done it before the trip - not on the day! That way, if there has been an adverse reaction, I could have kept it away from the dressing room. All that doing on the day did was to invite toys being thrown out of the pram infront of the rest of the team.

So, no I don't think Hylton is good enough. But, I think everyone deserves to be treated with a bit of respect. I don't think it was respectful to Hylton that he wasn't on the bench to be tried as an impact sub.
Agree with this, if this is how it was handled it was completely mismanaged. But equally you can't just flounce off like that. Poor man management by Williams (again, it's that coach v manager thing), just as poor reaction from Hylton.
Panda Paws

« Reply #295 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 09:49:22 »

Cotterill 👀

Anyone but....
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #296 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 09:51:58 »

- Hylton is the new Miles Storey in some eyes but won't play for us again. What a tit. No great loss.
 - William won't walk and nor should he. Not his decision to make.
 - Power reckons we outspent everyone in the league in January. Needs to back it up with money on a decent, proven manager.
 - That does not mean Alan Mac, or Steve White, or Macari, or any of the other ridiculous shouts on here.
 - Two routes - give someone promising from non-league a decent run at it beyond this season, so even if/when we go down (Luke Garrard could be a shout, as Reg mentioned), we have a right old go next year or get a firefighter in til the end of the season on a big safety bonus.
No need to discuss anymore it seems you have it all sorted.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 10:05:55 »

The thing is he doesn't actually need to resign. He just needs to be put back as a coach (which I'm sure he would agree to?) and a manager brought in.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 10:08:24 »

I can understand Hylton and probably other permanent players feel the same.

They see a host of loanees come in and none of them are performing any better than 'our' players.

Are Colkett/Gladwin playing any better than Goddard has - no.

There are just too many uncommitted players playing - either on loan or out of contract soon. Who gives an actual fuck.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 10:16:18 »

The thing is he doesn't actually need to resign. He just needs to be put back as a coach (which I'm sure he would agree to?) and a manager brought in.

It really is that easy. Allow him to slip back into the shadows and do what he is apparently good at.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: