Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OXFORD v POLICE  (Read 15160 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 15:25:19 »

Are there any forums for "thoughtful less excitable"" Oxford fans? I've not found one yet.

Going back years, I used to post on the Rivals forum.....the STFC site was MyOnlySwindon....can't remember the name of the Scum site, but there was some good lads on there, who got the need for humour in supporting a lower league side, and could banter on a range of subjects.  Their problem was a mong called Oxoman, who used to troll other clubs sites giving it the big hoolie thing, and pissing eveybody off.

Sadly Rivals just failed as a commercial proposition.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 19:41:14 »

It's still going minnow in a slightly different location, some of the old names still there...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 20:14:16 »

It's still going minnow in a slightly different location, some of the old names still there...

Sometimes look at that site, but it's not the same....MOS was the first thing that I stumbled across when getting onto the net for the first time.

Guess about 10/11 years ago....quite exciting really.....you think what can I do with this new toy....look up STFC related stuff, and stumble on the world of Leroy and Riddel. Smiley
Spencer_White

« Reply #48 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 20:53:12 »

I used to pester my dad to let me go to his work to read MOS and the fanny forum (no net at home). The fanny forum reviews of their days out were pure genius. Class.

The Pox will never have any class at anything. That message board is a damning indictment.
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 20:55:10 by Spencer_White » Logged
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 07:55:56 »

RE: thisis     

Aha, that explains a lot.  We could arrange for them all to meet up at that concrete place on the A420 and cement them all in together, then they'll be as hard as they prattle on about....hard, get it....I'll get my coat.  Fucking Neville, who ever let Mr Puntastic on here to bring our IQ's down so low...love you Nev.

Er, Thanks ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Dave

« Reply #50 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 13:03:22 »

The Pox will never have any class at anything. That message board is a damning indictment.

I would call apparently idolising a fascist sympathiser to be a damning indictment of something, probably your lack of understanding of history. Even if you don't take Di Canio's sympathies too seriously, the outstretched arm in fascist salute is an insult to the memory of many people who suffered under tyranny.

See? If you want to get all soap boxy I can play too.

There are approximately 3,000 threads on "Yellows". How many have you spotted that refer to hooliganism, Spence? There are also 1,000 members. How many actually post pro-hoolie comments? Storm in your tea cup.
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 15:57:09 »

Even if you don't take Di Canio's sympathies too seriously, the outstretched arm in fascist salute is an insult to the memory of many people who suffered under tyranny.

Clearly though it has to be taken into the context of it's associated meaning to the Lazio supporters specifically as well as of those present in the crowd at the time. I doubt we'll be seeing Alessandra Mussolini sitting in the Town End any time soon, not with tickets at £19 anyway!!

I believe PDC will be, if nothing else, an upstanding professional while representing my beloved town.

Pint
Spencer_White

« Reply #52 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 17:01:10 »

I would call apparently idolising a fascist sympathiser to be a damning indictment of something, probably your lack of understanding of history. Even if you don't take Di Canio's sympathies too seriously, the outstretched arm in fascist salute is an insult to the memory of many people who suffered under tyranny.

There are approximately 3,000 threads on "Yellows". How many have you spotted that refer to hooliganism, Spence? There are also 1,000 members. How many actually post pro-hoolie comments? Storm in your tea cup.

So the debate is freedom of political expression vs conspiracy to commit violent disorder?
Dave

« Reply #53 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 17:17:33 »

So the debate is freedom of political expression vs conspiracy to commit violent disorder?

Not at all, and I'm surprised you managed to read that into it.

It's about what might, or might not, be considered a "damning indictment". I would guess maybe a score of the 3,000 threads on "Yellows" contain posts glorifying football violence yet, according to you, the messageboard deserves to be indicted for it.

Irrelevant of any "it's a Lazio thing" smokescreen, your avatar shows a man giving a fascist salute, and that man is your new manager. There are plenty of other pictures of him, why choose that one?

To comment specifically on your reply, freedom of political expression no longer extends to racism, thank goodness, and debating the possibly of violence at a Swindon-Oxford match is hardly conspiracy to commit violent disorder. If it were, TVP would by now have broken doors down, believe me.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #54 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 17:22:34 »

Oh get your own fucking house in order. What about Mark Wrights racist abuse of a lino / ref. Tried to weasel his way out of it and was caught bang to rights.
Spencer_White

« Reply #55 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 17:27:00 »

Its a picture of Di Canio playing at West Ham.

Why would I believe you? TVP will probably break down some doors in the week before the game.
Dave

« Reply #56 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 17:29:26 »

Oh get your own fucking house in order. What about Mark Wrights racist abuse of a lino / ref. Tried to weasel his way out of it and was caught bang to rights.

a) I agree he acted appallingly
b) I don't have an avatar of Mark Wright
Dave

« Reply #57 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 17:31:15 »

Its a picture of Di Canio playing at West Ham.

Why would I believe you? TVP will probably break down some doors in the week before the game.

I didn't suggest he made the salute whilst at Lazio, your fellow fan suggested that the straight arm salute was acceptable because of his Lazio origins and their apparent acceptance of such things.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 17:46:53 »

That's not a salute, it looks like he's gesturing during a match.
Dave

« Reply #59 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 17:57:09 »

That's not a salute, it looks like he's gesturing during a match.

That was Goering's defence at Nuremburg.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: