Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester United FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31918 times)
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:47:11 »

That should Tern things around

Extra money in the Kittywake too
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:48:25 »

Firstly, well done Flashheart. I feel the power of poetry may have contributed to this fantastic away win.

The performance came across as very workman-like and our 337 fans sounded great.

The Di Canio interview? Is anyone really surprised?

As difficult as it may prove to do, with the greatest of respect to Hartlepool, we need to create a cauldron of noise on Saturday, if there is any hope of keeping Paolo, a near 10k crowd can make a lot of noise. For what he has achieved with our club in such a short space of time I truly believe he deserves this. He commands 110% from his players, now is the time for the fans to return the same passion and effort he has put in to getting us to 3rd in League 1, 2 points off the top, with a massive +31 goal difference.

Who knows, the circus may well have came to an end by then and Banbury United's Under 12's coach may well be caretaker manager, but lets assume Saturday arrives, 2 or 3 new loan signings have arrived and some form of clarity regarding the ownership of the club is in the public domain. I for one will be singing "Stand Up For Di Canio".
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:48:56 »

kittiwake.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:55:34 »

If not, it could get Auk-ward
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:56:44 »

I think you could put Paolo in a room with 3 psychiatrists and you will get 3 answers – “he’s nuts”, “he’s a genius”, and “I have no idea what the fuck was that all about”.  The same goes for that interview.

I’m sure the new owners of the club know how much Paolo means not just to the team and the fans, but dare I say it to the town as a whole, however singing his name loud and proud for 90-minutes on Saturday would leave them totally clear that we are right behind him and they need to get behind him too.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:57:17 »

Billy Davies now in at 4/11 to be next Forest boss, Paolo out to 5/1 (Skybet)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:59:34 »

Decent win. Not so long ago, you wouldn't fancy our chances at Colchester on a [cliché alert] cold Tuesday night.

A reasonably important 48 hours ahead for Swindon Town.
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 23:03:15 »

From the BBC Website, re. the Forest vacancy:

"McLeish was understood to be angered by the club's failure to sign players during the January transfer window"

Can't see DiCanio being an ideal fit there.

"Absolute Calamity!"
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 23:10:06 »

Great result ! well done the lads, PDC, and the fans that made the trip. Unbelievable effort paticularly over the last few weeks with the shit stirring that has been going on.
fatbasher

« Reply #339 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 23:12:54 »

Forest have had three managers this season, do you really think Paolo would to to an unstable club like that. Fuck me there would be blood on the carpet in the directors lounge within the first week.

He knows the situation at Swindon, he also knows that under the new owners he'll have the run of the place. Paolo would not take a job where he was not top dog making all the decisions. Also there are not to many chairman who would want our manager running rings around them.

Better the devil you know.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 23:23:43 »

Billy Davies now in at 4/11 to be next Forest boss, Paolo out to 5/1 (Skybet)
Jimmy floyd hasslebank ( spelling ?) has been approached by forest regarding a position at the club, not sure in what capacity though.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 23:47:51 »

Just seen our goal on Sky sports, great lay off by Roberts and cracking finish by Collins.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 23:49:38 »

Just seen our goal on Sky sports, great lay off by Roberts and cracking finish by Collins.

Pitch looked crap...did they have the floodlights on or was it just the camera? Either way a great finish and a great 3 points!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 23:57:12 »

Pitch looked crap...did they have the floodlights on or was it just the camera? Either way a great finish and a great 3 points!
Collins celebrating by cupping his ear  Smiley what was that all about? If he was getting any stick from their fans we would of heard them  ;)Sssshhhhhhh
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 00:43:48 »

I wish Roberts turned in performances like that at home so more fans would get off his back. If he's not quite the Gary Roberts superstar winger he was in his heyday, he's making up for it with his workrate now, a bit like McGovern did in his good season with us.

Poor first half but good second half and enjoyable away day. Ferry and Collins changed the game. Felt like an important win. Town fans in great voice in empty stadium. Longest 'We are Paolo's Red and White Army' i've ever heard!

He looked totally pumped at the end! Grabbing his players and hugging them. Didn't look like a man that wanted away.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: