Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A Tough Week.  (Read 1862 times)
leefer

Ignore
« on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 18:04:48 »

Well peeps it has been a tough week....my youngest daughter is emigrating to the USA tomorow.....taking her little boy with her.
We have known for the last two years it was going to happen....but the final countdown this week has been incredibly tough on the mind and soul,my poor wife is finding it hard to cope also Sad

Made harder by the fact that they have been living with us for the last 18 months...taking them to Gatwick tomorow is something i am certainly not looking forward to....of course the positives are Skype and Facebook...and the thought that she is going to a big new world.....and she cant wait to be honest as she gets to be reunited with her boyfriend.
I have other grandchildren...very,very lucky and i love them to bits,but the impending sense of sadness and self pity i am feeling at present is very worrying!
We have so many positives to cling to with other lovely kids as well.
I know time will help......but i am going to miss them both so much it hurts.

Why am i telling you all.... i dont really know,i am hoping it helps No
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 18:09:27 »

It's always good to talk leefer. Just writing things down like that can help you to make sense of things a little.

Sounds like you will really miss them, quite understandably. Just remember they're only a phone call/webcam/flight away.

All the best for tomorrow.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 18:14:46 »

Leefer its a great opportunity for her and that has to be a positive.The other positive is how fantastic a visit would be for you and your wife.Difficult to begin with obviously,but the pride you will feel will hopefully overcome your initial sadness.Communication will be something to really look forward to Im sure.Her happiness is all important dont you think?Hope you come to terms with it soon mate and as a parent I do feel for you.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Levi lapper

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 18:19:55 »

Wow, you must be well old  Cheesy

Seriously though that must be very tough to take, but as you say thank god for the wonders of modern technology, and what a fantastic excuse you have for lots of trips to the states!

It's put my "tough week" into perspective, can't imagine how hard your situation is as my kids are so young, think of the positives - is all you can do
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 18:25:48 »

Good luck tomorrow.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 18:30:28 »

Kids are meant to leave home...it's the way of the world.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 18:51:49 »

As someone who would have, and probably should have, dropped everything and gone to the States for love, I empathise with your daughter leefer. She's going to have so many opportunities out there, and it's going to be such a great experience for her and her son.

The world is a lot smaller now with Skype and Facebook, yes, but I completely understand that those things are no substitute, and it doesn't make something this jarring any easier, at least to you and your wife right now. As people have said - just remember this is a great thing for her. And don't think you're being selfish or anything by wanting her to stay, it's only natural.

I wish her, her son, her boyfriend, and you and your wife all the best. It's a hard thing to take, but everyone will come out the other side stronger and better. Despite the mud slinging that has been rife on here recently, as Samdy has said it's good to talk, and it's better to talk to complete strangers sometimes.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 18:55:45 »

This is like Dear Deidre.

It's All Good..............

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 18:57:38 »

I can only imagine what saying goodbye will be like. Gonna be tough for you leefer.
Hope it goes ok for you.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 19:37:55 »

All the best Leefer, can't be easy.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 19:39:57 »

Change is rarely a bad thing Leefer, it just takes time to adapt.

Hope it all works out for the best.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 19:54:31 »

A Tough week ending in an extremely tough day, Keep your head up Lee and see your daughter and grandson off with a smile. Easy enough for me to say but i Know I'd be a right mess in your boots. The thing which would keep me going is knowing that they are going to have a wonderful experience a lot of people never get the opportunity to take. Hope tomorrow goes as well as possible for all of you.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 19:58:06 »

Just think of all the amazing holidays you're going to have, Lee.  There's a silver lining to every cloud.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 20:07:56 »

This is like Dear Deidre.

Cheesy...Ace.

Blimey....all your comments are appreciated...except Levi Lapper...51 aint old Cheesy

And i am glad i posted because the comments have helped.....cheers guys/girls.

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 20:11:44 »

This could be the making of a TV show.
Imagine leefer, in a truck, in the USA.

Leef Road Truckers? Wink

She'll have a great time over there, i'm sure you'll miss her, but like others have said, skype, etc, and reasonably cheap flights you can see her often enough.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: