Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County championship!  (Read 11752 times)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, April 21, 2006, 09:47:34 »

Please let it rain Wink

Tresco talking about being worried by burnout, he doens't stay at the crease yet alone play for us long enough to think about that

I come from a land down-under
STFC Village

« Reply #61 on: Friday, April 21, 2006, 11:03:17 »

It's all over, Glos win by an innings and 7 runs. It's because they heard that i'm their newest supporter, obviously Beers
fatbury

« Reply #62 on: Friday, April 21, 2006, 12:16:52 »

Im pinning my hopes on the 20/20 again this year then for Somerset!!

Jon Lewis did well .. local boy of course ... England recall perhaps?? especially with Harmison unlikely to be fit
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, April 21, 2006, 13:23:06 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Could you tell us a bit about Cameron, please Johno...he seems to have crept into Somerset cricket beneath my radar.?

Reg, Cameron White is the captain of Victoria, aged 22. So he oversaw the 900 run massacre.

He started off a leg-spinner when he broke into the Vics side but his batting has improved dramatically but his bowling hasn't moved anywhere. He'll be a good bowler in one-dayers but in first-class he's pretty much a dud as he can't actually spin it - hardly bowled himself at all for the Vics this year. Over the last 2-3 years he's got a lot of 50s and a couple of tons for the Vics so this year will be a big learning curve for him in making big hundreds and doubles. Seeing as Taunton is a batsman's paradise (I know you wouldn't believe it looking at the shower of shit they call a batting line up) he should rack up some impressive scores this year.

Dan Cullen is an off-spinner from South Aus - also 22 years old. He's had two fantastic years in Aus first-class cricket ripping up shitloads of wickets. He's seen as the next big spin bowler (although being a conventional offie he ain't gonna be half as good as Warne) and has recently been called up to the ODI squad for the Bangladesh tour.

However, neither of them are in the same class as another Aussie, Gloucestershire's true legend Ian Harvey. 45 runs and 5 wickets in the match as we win by an innings. Welcome back Harvs!
fatbury

« Reply #64 on: Friday, April 21, 2006, 13:27:59 »

Ive been hearing good things of Trott the warwicks SA born batsman who qualifies for England at the end of the season .. new Pietersen perhaps?
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, April 21, 2006, 13:45:49 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
Ive been hearing good things of Trott the warwicks SA born batsman who qualifies for England at the end of the season .. new Pietersen perhaps?

trott is a very good batsman, quite destructive and wouldn't mind him in the England odi side at number 3. he'd be a far way off the test side though
fatbury

« Reply #66 on: Friday, April 21, 2006, 13:59:12 »

qualifies after this summer apparently
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, April 21, 2006, 14:16:05 »

cant we just get an English batsman for once  :roll:
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, April 23, 2006, 19:07:32 »

sonic and village, i suggest you support sussex, currently in the top leauge for everything, aweekend watching sussex coincides with a night out in brighton.

go and sit on the beach at lunch Cool

plus they play some games at arundel in the grounds of the castle, easily the most picturesque ground in the uk.
STFC Village

« Reply #69 on: Sunday, April 23, 2006, 19:10:40 »

Quote from: "mexico red"
plus they play some games at arundel in the grounds of the castle, easily the most picturesque ground in the uk.
I've stopped there a few times when i used to travel down to Uni. Lush place, i think i might live there one day
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2006, 10:56:13 »

Shane Bond has pulled out of his Gloucestershire contract with a knee injury.

Massive blow, I was really looking forward to seeing him here but it was always going to be a long shot. I imagine if Harvs carries on his good start he'll be the replacement.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2006, 11:02:06 »

Oh dear,Bond seems to be almost constantly injuried,its a shame for Glos and the Kiwis.Still Harvey is a class act,better than Scott Styris anyway Smiley

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Spud

« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2006, 13:24:13 »

Ive always thought Styris as a good all rounder tbh.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: