Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County championship!  (Read 11751 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 20:47:34 »

I kinda look out for the Gloucestershire scores as I used to live in various towns in Glos when I was younger.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
STFC Village

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 20:53:10 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Quote from: "STFC Village"
I need to adopt a county side, preferably local-ish, so i can go to a few games. Any recommendations?

i'm liking that idea, whoever you adopt i'll come to some games with you - i might even drive if my car doesn't fall apart and the prospect doesn't scare you Cool

i really want to watch some cricket this year
Sounds good, only the short trip down the M4 for a days action. Fancy going on Thursday or Friday?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 20:56:11 »

not until after my exams mate, but definitely after. finish at the end of may Cool
STFC Village

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 21:21:15 »

In the meantime, i'll be keeping an eye on the mighty Glos!

Oh, and their ground in Bristol....The County Ground Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 22:10:07 »

Supporting Gloucestershire, would be acceptable if they didn't play in Bristhole....which is not and never has been in Gloucestershire.

Which makes them little more than MKD in my eyes...
STFC Village

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 22:19:08 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Supporting Gloucestershire, would be acceptable if they didn't play in Bristhole....which is not and never has been in Gloucestershire.

Can you recommend me an alternative please Reginald?...i'm more than a little clueless about the County game tbh
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 22:45:45 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Very debatable point Reg. I think you'll find Bristol (or at least part of it) is in South Gloucestershire, which is almost like a district of Gloucs (a very Australian concept i must admit)

don't forget to tell village that gloucestershire host the best outground festival in world cricket - the two weeks in cheltenham in late july/early aug or what cricket was made for. personally i'd support gloucestershire just for the cheltenham festival. also spend a week of the season in gloucester
Spud

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2006, 04:57:44 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
In the meantime, i'll be keeping an eye on the mighty Glos!

Oh, and their ground in Bristol....The County Ground Cheesy

Good choice young Village!.

Yes the only problem is the ground is in Brizzle,when i went to the England Vs NZ ODI a couple of years back, i was surrounded by the scummy fuckers.  :evil:
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2006, 06:53:53 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Somerset... best ground, cheap as chips, best booze, Tresco, Caddy, Twenty20 kings  Cool

We are champions say we are champions!

amen to that!  Beers we have blackers, hildreth, wood, gazzard  Cool gloucester fans usually have 2 brain cells. espically when i heard a gloucester fan go 'i hate somerset, as i hate trowbridge so much'  

btw spud, people at somerset don't chant somerset! somerset!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2006, 07:49:35 »

i dont give a shite bout crappy Div 2. its all about Div 1! Hampshire will win it this year with Durham def going down and the others i dont know. dont even know all the teams in Div 1 this year
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2006, 08:07:56 »

I'm going to follow Middlesex for no other reason than they play at Lords and so are fairly easy for me to get too.County stuff doesn't really interest me,so probably by the time its mid-June i will have forgotten about it all :roll:

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2006, 08:27:42 »

I went to my fist ever county game last year. 20/20 game between Goucester and Somerset (I think?) at the County Ground.

Left work early to catch the train down to bristol (was an evening match) got into Temple Meads no problem and decided to get a taxi to the ground. 30 mins later through rush hour traffic and shitting my pants a few times due to crazy driving taxi driver and minus £20 for the 5 mile journey I arrived at ground.

13 overs in, the game was called off due to pissing rain, I only managed to get through a couple of beers before it was called off. I think Somerset were about 60-7 after 13 overs!

I walked back to the station in the pissing rain stopping off at a couple of dodgy boozers. I'm not going again.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2006, 08:32:55 »

Oh I lied, my first County game was the C&G final at Lords between Gloucester and Worcester in 2004. Gloucester won easily Beers
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2006, 10:02:56 »

Going back to the Gloucestershire/Bristol thing... the general rule is that Rovers fans support Gloucestershire and City fans support Somerset. I for one am happy with that.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2006, 11:12:24 »

SOmerset la la la Somerset la la la

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: