Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 ... 132   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 159628 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1575 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 20:16:49 »

Adams would be unexcitingly competent.

Still not get me reaching for my wallet re ST renewal though. Root and branch reform needed. Drastic surgery .
Lethbridge70

Ignore
« Reply #1576 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 20:22:52 »

Adams career win % is 39.2% I would be happy,especially if it’s him or Gunning!

However I am of the opinion,that working under the current incumbent could make little difference at all and we need a complete shake up from top to bottom,before this club trends upwards..
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 20:25:06 by Lethbridge70 » Logged
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #1577 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 20:40:57 »

Getting Flynn vibes… not impressed. Also makes no difference if we sign the same types of players again.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1578 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 20:45:04 »

Adams really doesn't seem to be a guy who would toe the company line. It would be a weird and potentially explosive appointment from that point of view.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #1579 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 21:02:56 »

Really not convinced, will obviously back the manager if it is him, but from afar. Another season ticket holder who has no interest in renewing with the current set up.

Just feeling really disillusioned with the club, I don't trust this board to back any manager correctly. There is no plan and we're starting from scratch every year and it's getting worse every time.

The big appointment will be someone who knows how to run a football club, but they cost money and instead we have a plumber who comes back occasionally to oversee fuck up after fuck up, with who knows what else lurking in the shadows.

Really sad state and just waiting for the next admin error, court case, charge and/or embarrassment. We're a National League club in waiting with this current lot.

« Last Edit: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 21:05:20 by Swindon Please Win » Logged
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1580 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 21:08:44 »

Adams really doesn't seem to be a guy who would toe the company line. It would be a weird and potentially explosive appointment from that point of view.

Maybe there isn't much of a company line to toe?

I mean we all think we know/assume whats going on, but there is the very real alternative that the people working there are just incompetent. I mean by that i'm sure the budget has been cut, but damn if the budget wasn't spent badly last season, the number of players that were out or barely played.

These guys never played for example

Clayton
Uwakwe
Devine
Johnson
Genesini (assume he was paid peanuts though)
Dworzak (same as above)
Adeloye

Thats what ~6 wasted wages for the season?

Not defending the club, but what 4 of those are considered first teamers, that makes a hell of a difference if they were fit, challenging players. Wasted loans for that Burnley lad and Harry, i assume both were cheap, but who knows.

I think even with a shit budget (not bottom 6 budget), we should be doing a hell of a lot better.

Adams having got Morecombe promoted, with 4 promotions on his CV, doesn't excite me at all bizarrely, but maybe its what we need.

pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #1581 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 21:15:29 »

Adams is not the answer, but with the current ownership mismanagement of the club we have much bigger issues than a further poor manager choice. I wont be renewing my season ticket as are the three others in my group of mates, this has echoes of the Power regime. Clem clearly doesnt know how to run a football club and continues to employs previous axis employees like Hall with not a clue on football.

ewsham Robin
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #1582 on: Sunday, April 28, 2024, 21:50:03 »

If Adam’s or whoever wants to take on the poisoned chalice then fair play. I just hope however it is gets the support from the club and it works out.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #1583 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 07:23:50 »

What if the tactic was to get everyone to not be excited during early bird prices and then pull a good manager and load of signings out of the hat so people feel motivated to get a season ticket but at full price  Cheesy
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1584 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 08:27:40 »

Adams or Gunning? if thats the only option then its Adams all the way as long as he can bring in his own backroom staff and medical staff (importantly).

He wouldnt be my choice but hes a decent track record In L2 even if he upsets fans along the way, speaks his mind but is dour and grumpy, where as Gunning is thick as mince.

Not massively inspiring but better than Gunning and with a track record better than Flynn.

Clem wants Gunning, Keily and co want Adams. Battle of wills as to who gets the final say in magaer appointments.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1585 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 08:32:06 »

Adams or Gunning? if thats the only option then its Adams all the way as long as he can bring in his own backroom staff and medical staff (importantly).

He wouldnt be my choice but hes a decent track record In L2 even if he upsets fans along the way, speaks his mind but is dour and grumpy, where as Gunning is thick as mince.

Not massively inspiring but better than Gunning and with a track record better than Flynn.

Clem wants Gunning, Keily and co want Adams. Battle of wills as to who gets the final say in magaer appointments.

And the fans ideally don’t want either.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1586 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 08:35:16 »

And the fans ideally don’t want either.

Like being on the firing squad with a choice of a bow and arrow or crossbow.

Hope you are well by the way.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1587 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 08:35:55 »

I genuinly feel indifferent about any manager name that comes into the frame, because in my mind it does not matter, they are being hired to fail.  Start hearing names of credible backroom/business management appointments and only then will i start to consider whether or not a manager will be a good fit for the club - the answer for any appointment under the current environment is no.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1588 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 08:38:25 »

As always great to catch up Saturday.
I even struggled to get off my seat to celebrate the goals. This is what Clem has done and taken away the love I have for the Club.
Totally pissed off with it. The sooner this lot fuck off for good then we might just get some enjoyment back. As for Gunning 🤣
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1589 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 08:40:48 »

I genuinly feel indifferent about any manager name that comes into the frame, because in my mind it does not matter, they are being hired to fail.  Start hearing names of credible backroom/business management appointments and only then will i start to consider whether or not a manager will be a good fit for the club - the answer for any appointment under the current environment is no.

Sadly spot on.
I look at how Orient are running as a Club, direction, strategy, engagement and above all togetherness.
We have fuck all and the next Manager will soon realise the Club and the cancerous state it is in.
The worst I have ever felt.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 ... 132   Go Up
Print
Jump to: