Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: VIP supporters club...sorry, I mean 'Club Red' !!  (Read 6934 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 10:35:17 »

FOR EXAMPLE THE CLUB COULD OFFER........

SEASON TICKET - £199.00 TOWN END, FOR ALL LEAGUE MATCHES, FREE RESERVE HOME GAMES
SEASON TICKET PLUS - £229.00 TOWN END, FOR ALL LEAGUE MATCHES, MONEY OFF CLUB SHOP, FREE RESERVE HOME GAMES etc etc.
Quite like that idea Gazza. However one good thing about the Club Red scheme is people like me who can't get to every game can still enjoy a few benefits, at a price. The main thing for me is ticket priority - I think it's a great idea that Club Red members can get priority (behind ST holders) for cup tickets.

So perhaps your idea could work, as well as having something for non-ST holders
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 12:10:20 »

I agree the whole "we are season ticket holders, we should have everything" premis is wrong. But people will always complain when advantages they used to enjoy are no longer all inclusive regardless of whether the price has gone down. Fact of life.

Already said this but..assuming STs are cheap like this year:

ST - Seat for every league game, priority booking for cup/playoff games. That's it.
ST+club Red - adds club shop discount, priority pre-order of 3rd Kit, Evening with..,Free Reseve fixture entry, competitions, etc, etc.

What is not accepatable is making it up as you go along:

- e.g. Oooh, yeah, that Samsung shirt. We've just decided its Club Red only.

Neither is treating people as mugs when that didn't work:

- Actually one red can order, but its another £10
- OR Next season he third shirt is £50 but the Club Red members get a super dicount tham makes it £40 for them.

--
Having said all that, I don't think the club intentionally tried to fleece anyone or put anyone out. They just got it wrong this time. They'll put it right next season.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 12:22:29 »

Club Red has been extremely poorly implemented.

The benefits of joining were not clear and seeming made up as they went along.

Even though I joined Club Red, I fully agree with this statement. It needed to be announced the same time as the ST prices in around March so everyone could make an informed decision, as they only announced the membership scheme in July.

At the end of the day, my ST price came down my £20, and by joining CR, I have paid a total of an extra £5, got a DVD free, gave my £15 worth of ticket vouchers to an ex-work colleague of mine to come to watch games at the CG on the cheap, and I've got a £10 voucher to spend in the club shop after buying all three home shirts.

Regarding the black shirts, I have previously said I thought the club were wrong to charge a 'premium', especially the £9.99 they were originally planning to charge on top.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #48 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 12:29:44 »

I agree the whole "we are season ticket holders, we should have everything" premis is wrong. But people will always complain when advantages they used to enjoy are no longer all inclusive regardless of whether the price has gone down. Fact of life.

Already said this but..assuming STs are cheap like this year:

ST - Seat for every league game, priority booking for cup/playoff games. That's it.
ST+club Red - adds club shop discount, priority pre-order of 3rd Kit, Evening with..,Free Reseve fixture entry, competitions, etc, etc.

What is not accepatable is making it up as you go along:

- e.g. Oooh, yeah, that Samsung shirt. We've just decided its Club Red only.

Neither is treating people as mugs when that didn't work:

- Actually one red can order, but its another £10
- OR Next season he third shirt is £50 but the Club Red members get a super dicount tham makes it £40 for them.

--
Having said all that, I don't think the club intentionally tried to fleece anyone or put anyone out. They just got it wrong this time. They'll put it right next season.
Seems like a pretty good summing up to me. They cocked up but I don't think it was deliberate, they just hadn't thought it through. I think we need to cut the board / marketing people a bit of slack here.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 12:37:54 »

It's their first season of doing it, and they'll learn from any mistakes they've done.

I was talking to a fellow fan watching the Crawley match at the club, and saying how pissed off they were with the CR/third shirt promotion.

I said to him, in my opinion, they got it wrong, which they admitted by lowering the price. I also said to him that IMO they released the information about the membership scheme too late, and I thought they learnt more about the scheme talking to a couple of us who are CR members, than they've ever read from the club.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 12:45:35 »

I'm a season ticket holder, so I'm obviously superior to those that aren't.

The cheap prices, that guarantee me a seat at every home league game and priority booking for all others, is what I bought it for. I certainly didn't buy it to meet the players at events, or get discount off tat from the shop and if that's what I did want I'd buy the Club Red membership.

Combined they are cheaper than most L1 season ticket prices.

It's All Good..............
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 13:04:58 »

The discount was a bonus....meh.

Clems Army!
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 23:39:30 »

Did they actually sell out of the black shirts or was it a marketing own goal?
flammableBen

« Reply #53 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 23:40:28 »

They started selling really well so they ended up charging £20 on top of the team red membership.
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, December 5, 2010, 10:20:47 »

Did they actually sell out of the black shirts or was it a marketing own goal?

Originally 400 limited edition, but they've kept quiet since that. I assume they worked out they'd make more £££ bby lowering the price and selling more.

None of our shirts are "custom" for STFC though really. You can buy them all without sponsorship for your sat/sun league squad if you really wanted...

home: http://www.clublinefootball.com/products/view/46873
away: http://www.teamsport90.com/viewdetails.asp?cat=1&scat=118&search4=&page=&pId=1819
third: http://www.clublinefootball.com/adidas_condivo_jersey_black  

I love mine...  Smug Fuck Off
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 5, 2010, 10:44:23 by luckyluke699 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: