Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play offs - first leg v Sheffield United  (Read 88196 times)
kerry red

« Reply #90 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 17:07:26 »

I'm not looking forward to having their fans up above us though. Always makes me nervous.

Last time I had that scenario was at Twatford. Fuckers gobbed on us all game
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 17:24:34 »

Disappointing if we don't sell out the full 3k lower tier. Decent tie, decent city for a few beers. Can't wait personally.

On the flip side its a Thursday night, on TV and 3 days before the home leg
No I can't get the Friday off work so non too impressed
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 18:08:56 »

I'd be surprised if we take many more than 1000.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 18:14:06 »

In terms of the election you can nominate someone to vote for you.

You know what. After looking at the options. Like getting home @ 1am saving £25 watching it in the comfort of my own home, leather recliner, nice bottled beer etc, a sky Sports, no hassle and putting my cross on the ballot paper. I a, coming straight home, fuck it. Will be there for the home leg, but not the final if we make it.

I said to the Mrs, £200 to go to Wembley for the three of us or £200 towards the summer holiday? No brainer really.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 18:25:22 »

I go on holiday on the 7th & return on the 14th!! Bit gutted, but tbf when I booked it (last year) I never dreamt we'd be in this position.  Hopefully find a pub showing it in Turkey

Where in Turkey? And you'll have no problem, the bartenders over there have all the sports channels so just find a decent bar and ask them to show it. Efes and town on the telly, can't beat it!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 19:01:53 »

I'm not looking forward to having their fans up above us though. Always makes me nervous.

This season we were in the top tier. Likely to be there again.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 20:25:25 »

This season we were in the top tier. Likely to be there again.

Apparently not. They're putting home fans up there for the better view.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 20:47:44 »

Correct-lower tier only for our fans (but can see chesterfield beating them Sunday anyway so may well prove to be irrelevant)
http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/ticket-details-for-the-home-leg-of-the-play-offs-2427332.aspx
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:07:16 »

Foderingham

N. Thompson - Stephens - Turnball - Toffolo

Kasim

Byrne - Luongo - L. Thompson - Gladwin

Smith

Best team for the PO's? (if Louis is fit) Any other suggestions?

Probably too late to change to 4 at the back now, I know, but don't fancy us at all playing 3 at the back at the moment - has looked horribly exposed v Dons, City and Preston. Didn't matter so much when we were banging in goals, but now they've dried up, starting to think our best chance of winning is trying to keep the game tight. Thoughts?

Edit: Also, the Foderingham to Thompson pass should be outlawed for the PO's completely!
« Last Edit: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:12:14 by BruceChatwin » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:51:42 »

The thing I like best about that team is that Ricketts is not in it.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:52:25 »

You know what. After looking at the options. Like getting home @ 1am saving £25 watching it in the comfort of my own home, leather recliner, nice bottled beer etc, a sky Sports, no hassle and putting my cross on the ballot paper. I a, coming straight home, fuck it. Will be there for the home leg, but not the final if we make it.

I said to the Mrs, £200 to go to Wembley for the three of us or £200 towards the summer holiday? No brainer really.

Each to their own. However a Wembley win would be worth more than £200 to any swindon fan in my eyes. I was too young for the Wembley premierleague promotion, but I will never forget that night at charlton, and to see swindon firstly score and then win at Wembley would be a memory to savour.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 22:16:33 »

If we got there I wouldn't want to go. But I'd have to, just in case we show up for this one.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 22:21:24 »

If we got there I wouldn't want to go. But I'd have to, just in case we show up for this one.

This.

As I live a fair distance from the CG there's been a fair few games I've thought sensibly I shouldn't / don't want to attend. But then I remember the feeling of NOT being there..

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 22:42:09 »

Where in Turkey? And you'll have no problem, the bartenders over there have all the sports channels so just find a decent bar and ask them to show it. Efes and town on the telly, can't beat it!

Fethiye, never been there before, I'll actually be flying during the 1st leg but will hopefully find a pub for the 2nd.  Incidentally last time I watched us play in the POs in a pub on holiday I was in Florida & we beat Charlton.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 22:46:29 »

Each to their own. However a Wembley win would be worth more than £200 to any swindon fan in my eyes. I was too young for the Wembley premierleague promotion, but I will never forget that night at charlton, and to see swindon firstly score and then win at Wembley would be a memory to savour.
Viewed as an idiot by the Sky armchair fans, a plastic by STFC season ticket holders, and a loser by the victorious opposing fans isn't the best feeling but hey, you are right Singing iiiffy, winning at Wembley cannot be experienced in your front lounge however good the camera angles.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: